It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: George W. Bush
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Now that he's insulting Trump I feel better about all the people he caused to be killed.

Werd g.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:57 pm 

Donald Trump is a fuckin genius and only proves the point that bill Maher has been making for decades-. The average American voter is dumber than dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Donald Trump is a fuckin genius and only proves the point that bill Maher has been making for decades-. The average American voter is dumber than dogshit.

Hawg is taking a beating the past 24 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hank Scorpio wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
you people are weirdos. The Bushes can go DIAF.

Best POTUS of the 90s and 2000s.

First term for W. second term was pretty shitty.

Are you saying W was the best president of the 90s and 2000s?

If so, you're too smart to think that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

He's saying HW was the best president of the 90's (#Fact) and W was the best president of the 2000's. Unlesd you believe Clinton's last year or Obama's first year were magical he's probably right.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

He's saying HW was the best president of the 90's (#Fact) and W was the best president of the 2000's. Unlesd you believe Clinton's last year or Obama's first year were magical he's probably right.

W's presidency is in the running for the worst results in American history.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Every POTUS during my lifetime has been a complete piece of shit, just some were bigger pieces of shit than others.

This guy gets it.

W was a shitty president...no doubt. do some actually research on policy and you'll see W and Obama weren't that different. They both sucked.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Nas is correct. He said Bushes so I was including both father and son.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
he's wiffle ball tony at a cookout. i thought was an appropriate analogy made by mike birbiglia.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Every POTUS during my lifetime has been a complete piece of shit, just some were bigger pieces of shit than others.

This guy gets it.

W was a shitty president...no doubt. do some actually research on policy and you'll see W and Obama weren't that different. They both sucked.

I agree they were both shitty, but I don't see how there's any quantifiable way to say that Bush isn't in the running for one of the worst presidencies in U.S. history (and I like Bush personally).

He entered office with a booming economy, relative peace, a good budget situation, etc and left office aafter having presided over the largest terrorist attack in American history, two never-ending wars, the largest deficits in American history, massive intrusions into the privacy of citizens, and an economy that was literally on the brink of complete collapse.

I realize it's more nuanced than that, but his resume' is so egregious, I think it's fair to judge him by. Obama continued much of the same and continued to expand the power of the executive branch to stupid levels, but I can't bring myself to say he was as bad as Bush.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:41 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This guy gets it.

I agree they were both shitty, but I don't see how there's any quantifiable way to say that Bush isn't in the running for one of the worst presidencies in U.S. history (and I like Bush personally).

He entered office with a booming economy, relative peace, a good budget situation, etc and left office aafter having presided over the largest terrorist attack in American history, two never-ending wars, the largest deficits in American history, massive intrusions into the privacy of citizens, and an economy that was literally on the brink of complete collapse.

I realize it's more nuanced than that, but his resume' is so egregious, I think it's fair to judge him by. Obama continued much of the same and continued to expand the power of the executive branch to stupid levels, but I can't bring myself to say he was as bad as Bush.

He sucked and everything around him sucked. I know there were a ton of variables outside of his control that led to the sucking but he totally sucked. :lol: :lol:

Groundbreaking stuff Leash.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This guy gets it.

He sucked and everything around him sucked. I know there were a ton of variables outside of his control that led to the sucking but he totally sucked. :lol: :lol:

Two never ending wars and the Patriot Act are all you need to make the case against W.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This guy gets it.

The wars, the expansion of executive power, and the surveillance of U.S. citizens were all directly caused by him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This guy gets it.

Two never ending wars and the Patriot Act are all you need to make the case against W.

and let us not forget that Obama, and now Trump, are continuing both the wars and the Patriot Act.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

This guy gets it.

The wars, the expansion of executive power, and the surveillance of U.S. citizens were all directly caused by him.

The wars, yes. The other two were already happening, don't get crazy.

Plus I don't totally blame him since 9/11 was a false flag operation. He was the poor schmuck sitting in the chair when it all went to shit. :alien:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:56 pm 

I don't want to get into some long back-and-forth, but I'm not using those as some nebulous terms. The creation of the Dept of Homeland Security, the establishment of the Patriot Act, and the actual budget deficits were quantifiable ways in which Bush did those things. It wasn't some sort of perpetual government creep that occurred as it occurs with all presidents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:00 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't want to get into some long back-and-forth, but I'm not using those as some nebulous terms. The creation of the Dept of Homeland Security, the establishment of the Patriot Act, and the actual budget deficits were quantifiable ways in which Bush did those things. It wasn't some sort of perpetual government creep that occurred as it occurs with all presidents.

I'm fairly certain congress could fix any of those things, its sort of what they are there for. One man doesn't unilaterally run the country.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm fairly certain congress could fix any of those things, its sort of what they are there for. One man doesn't unilaterally run the country.

Agreed, but you initially stated it as though he was some great president. I'm just making sure the news gets to Indiana.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:04 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Agreed, but you initially stated it as though he was some great president. I'm just making sure the news gets to Indiana.

No, I said he was the best of the 2000's. I think Obama was a worse version of Bush. He tried to hide it by reading mean tweets on Fallon and filling out an NCAA bracket.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-obama-couldn-apos-t-182452314.html

Just gonna put this here, more evidence about how awesome GWB is as a former prez.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Actually, the one thing he may have been best at was putting through his agenda.

There is no defending the Patriot Act or separating it from Bush.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:22 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No, I said he was the best of the 2000's. I think Obama was a worse version of Bush. He tried to hide it by reading mean tweets on Fallon and filling out an NCAA bracket.

Obama is Bush minus the Hawkish tendencies and plus Healthcare.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Actually, the one thing he may have been best at was putting through his agenda.

I think the Patriot Act sucks and was a huge governmental overreach but I can certainly play devils advocate for it...

The country was in turmoil and reeling from 9/11. Our confidence had been shaken to its very core...what more could we do but attempt to tighten the reigns and make it easier for law enforcement to stop the bad guys before something like this happened again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Obama never met a drone strike he didn't like.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think the Patriot Act sucks and was a huge governmental overreach but I can certainly play devils advocate for it...

The country was in turmoil and reeling from 9/11. Our confidence had been shaken to its very core...what more could we do but attempt to tighten the reigns and make it easier for law enforcement to stop the bad guys before something like this happened again.

Yes, that is an acceptable excuse for you, me and every other Average Joe, but the reason we elect these people is to handle exactly those types of situations without over reaction, emotions, etc.

Anyway, Im with you on Bush Sr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That's true but he was just continuing the wars we we're already in. I dont think you can label him "Hawkish"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:44 pm 

shakes wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-obama-couldn-apos-t-182452314.html

Just gonna put this here, more evidence about how awesome GWB is as a former prez.

He and Michelle Obama are BFF's.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That's true but he was just continuing the wars we we're already in. I dont think you can label him "Hawkish"

He escalated those wars and put us into new battlefields where we were not previously (Yemen, Libya, Syria) so yes he was a fucking warhawk. It kind of pisses me off that Obama is given a pass by the anti-war left as he deserves the same scorn that Dubya and Trump have earned in that department.

In that way the anti-war left is as bad as the deficit hawk right (who ignore deficits when a GOP POTUS is in office)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I can't give him a shoutout. Every POTUS during my lifetime has been a complete piece of shit, just some were bigger pieces of shit than others.

Amen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:49 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

He escalated those wars and put us into new battlefields where we were not previously (Yemen, Libya, Syria) so yes he was a fucking warhawk. It kind of pisses me off that Obama is given a pass by the anti-war left as he deserves the same scorn that Dubya and Trump have earned in that department.

In that way the anti-war left is as bad as the deficit hawk right (who ignore deficits when a GOP POTUS is in office)

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize his first year in office. Think about that. Even he made fun of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next