It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Isiah Lord Thomas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:48 pm 

RFDC wrote:
If he is smart he comes back next year. He has to get way better on D in the perimeter to play in the NBA, even if he can shoot 3s. He has a better shot at a career in the NBA than Kofi did.
He's actually been pretty average at perimeter D this year when last year he had to be taken out of games because of it. The opposing center isn't getting wide open 3s any more. It's one of many reasons why the defense this year isn't horrible.

I'd love to see him come back. There hasn't been a repeat national title since 2007.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
If he is smart he comes back next year. He has to get way better on D in the perimeter to play in the NBA, even if he can shoot 3s. He has a better shot at a career in the NBA than Kofi did.
He's actually been pretty average at perimeter D this year when last year he had to be taken out of games because of it. The opposing center isn't getting wide open 3s any more. It's one of many reasons why the defense this year isn't horrible.

I'd love to see him come back. There hasn't been a repeat national title since 2007.

:lol: i love you Brick!

He is definitely getting better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
I mean, here is 26 minutes of Isaiah Thomas fighting people on the court. It's not all his fault but it's also just how the league was and it probably shouldn't have been. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3Xr-sVR5Y

Thanks for posting this, that was something else about Isiah's interview that was a crock of shit. He said he was not the guy hitting or being physical, that was all guys like Laimbeer and Salley. He is so full of shit. He was right in the middle of it all.

BRick...that is a fantastic video :lol: :lol:
Yeah...Isiah, who you crappin? He dealt it out as much anyone!

I will say...no one can question his toughness. He was a badass.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:55 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
I mean, here is 26 minutes of Isaiah Thomas fighting people on the court. It's not all his fault but it's also just how the league was and it probably shouldn't have been. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3Xr-sVR5Y

Thanks for posting this, that was something else about Isiah's interview that was a crock of shit. He said he was not the guy hitting or being physical, that was all guys like Laimbeer and Salley. He is so full of shit. He was right in the middle of it all.

No doubt. He was a tough MFer. I would have loved to heard some of the chats that he and Knight had back at the day at IU.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
BigW72 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think he moreso meant Jordan in terms of whom he never hit. He stole on Mahorn and Paxson before. I remember him clocking Paxson because Paxson fouled him on a hand that was injured before.

Isiah Thomas wasn't a mark and definitely "West Side Tough". He wasn't scared of anyone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He seemed afraid of reason while he was running the New York Knicks into the ground. Is he still getting Jerome James paid?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:26 pm 

Tough to "run" a franchise into ground whose starting point is already the dirt anyway. But hey the purpose of a "revisionist" is to "revise" isn't it? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:27 pm 

Bad Boys Marketing by the NBA actually hurt Isiah in terms of his standing in NBA history. He would definitely be considered Top 20 All Time without it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I remember the first Hoops basketball card set
David Robinson was the big card to get
But the Bad Boys one was good too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
In the first NBA Finals to feature the 3-point line, the Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers made one 3-pointer. Not one per game, or per team, or per individual shooter; not one so impressive it led SportsCenter or one so clutch it swung a key game. No, in May 1980, the Lakers and 76ers combined to make one 3, total, across six competitive games.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2/27 ... aryl-morey

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:34 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Bad Boys Marketing by the NBA actually hurt Isiah in terms of his standing in NBA history. He would definitely be considered Top 20 All Time without it.

Joe Dumars never seemed to have the stink of that group attached to him

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:54 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Quite a few of them didn't. Buddha Edward's, Vinnie Johnson, Dantley when he was there. Aguirre wasn't either. Isiah wasn't a dirty player either. But he was the so called team leader which meant that a lot of the taint would come his way.

The dirty players were Mahorn, Laimbeer, Rodman and to degree Salley.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:08 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Quite a few of them didn't. Buddha Edward's, Vinnie Johnson, Dantley when he was there. Aguirre wasn't either. Isiah wasn't a dirty player either. But he was the so called team leader which meant that a lot of the taint would come his way.

Thomas was dirty, maybe not as dirty as some others but he was a big instigator.

Dumars was the guy who stayed out of it generally.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's fun to read the Bulls/Jordan fan narrative. As if Bill Cartwright wasn't throwing his elbows into guys' noses constantly. And of course Rodman, Salley, and Edwards were all filthy scumbags until they played with Jordan, at which time they became members of the supporting cast in a beautiful ballet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:15 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I avoided the word taint.

You didn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's fun to read the Bulls/Jordan fan narrative. As if Bill Cartwright wasn't throwing his elbows into guys' noses constantly. And of course Rodman, Salley, and Edwards were all filthy scumbags until they played with Jordan, at which time they became members of the supporting cast in a beautiful ballet.

Yep. Oakley was a butcher. Cartwright was a butcher and so was Scott Williams and Ed Neely. There was quite a few things that Zeke said which was spot on. One of them was that this was how the game was played back then and the Bad Boys were hardly the inventers of that style. Hell every team back had guys that were being celebrated and lauded for being nothing more than "enforcers of the game".

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:27 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Thomas was dirty, maybe not as dirty as some others but he was a big instigator.

Dumars was the guy who stayed out of it generally.

They had other guys too that stayed out of it for the most part. But the point of is that overall he was not a dirty player. And besides the tough, physical and borderline dirty play didn't start with Pistons players. It started with their coach Chuck Daly. He was the guy that brought that rough house style of play to the team. Before he got there they were a run and gun team (sort of like Denver East) that couldn't win any games. When he became the coach he flipped it to a slower more methodical physical style of play and the "Bad Boys" were born. If he didn't embrace that they would never have become that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:28 am 

No doubt the Bulls and pretty much every team had guys who would willingly get dirty if needed. But the Pistons took that to a different level where it really became their identity and Isiah was right in the middle of that. He can sit and say he wasnt all day but anyone that watched can clearly see he was right in the middle of it all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course the Bulls had enforcers. You had to have them with the way the game was.

However, the younger Pistons players did evolve away from the style too. Even Rodman went more towards massive annoyance rather than violence though obviously he did have his moments with players and cameramen. I think that actually proves the point though. Those players were able to play in a less physical league and be just fine. Somehow, the Bad Boy Pistons couldn't adjust to a league where you can't just hit anyone whenever you feel like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Thompson instigated, cheer led the chaos, and choked his coach. His revisionist history is par for the course. He stuck it to Magic, the Raptors, the Knicks, and the CBA. He fired a woman because she wouldn't put out. His reputation should be WORSE. It isn't, only because he was a great player.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:41 am 

Nardi wrote:
Thompson instigated, cheer led the chaos, and choked his coach. His revisionist history is par for the course. He stuck it to Magic, the Raptors, the Knicks, and the CBA. He fired a woman because she wouldn't put out. His reputation should be WORSE. It isn't, only because he was a great player.

OK let's go down the line with the spin
1. So he "stuck" or "ruined" an expansion franchise? How is that possible?

2. Knicks were a shit franchise when he got there and have been a shit franchise since he left.

3. The CBA stuff is a score induced narrative that isn't based in fact.

4. The sexual harassment stuff is something that he should have been held accountable for and he was.

5. Which coach did he "choke"? I don't recall that one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

OK let's go down the line with the spin
1. So he "stuck" or "ruined" an expansion franchise? How is that possible?

2. Knicks were a shit franchise when he got there and have been a shit franchise since he left.

3. The CBA stuff is a score induced narrative that isn't based in fact.

4. The sexual harassment stuff is something that he should have been held accountable for and he was.

5. Which coach did he "choke"? I don't recall that one.

Brendan "Malone".

Last edited by Nardi on Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:42 am 

https://ballislife.com/when-a-bloody-is ... s%20throat.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:43 am 

RFDC wrote:
No doubt the Bulls and pretty much every team had guys who would willingly get dirty if needed. But the Pistons took that to a different level where it really became their identity and Isiah was right in the middle of that. He can sit and say he wasnt all day but anyone that watched can clearly see he was right in the middle of it all.

He also was the best player on the team and the recipient of a ton of dirty play. As he said he got hit too. Often. That's how the game was played back then.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
https://ballislife.com/when-a-bloody-isiah-thomas-choked-his-assistant-coach-after-taking-an-elbow-from-bill-cartwright/#:~:text=A%20bleeding%20Thomas%20was%20so,his%20hands%20on%20Malone's%20throat.

ltg didn't watch the 26 minute video of Thomas fighting people. That was in it.

ltg can't even handle watching Thomas do bad things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:45 am 

RFDC wrote:
https://ballislife.com/when-a-bloody-isiah-thomas-choked-his-assistant-coach-after-taking-an-elbow-from-bill-cartwright/#:~:text=A%20bleeding%20Thomas%20was%20so,his%20hands%20on%20Malone's%20throat.

But nothing about Cartwright and his "dirty play"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

But nothing about Cartwright and his "dirty play"

It is a thread about Isiah. Feel free to start a thread about the dirty play of Cartwright

And you asked what this was about? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course the Bulls had enforcers. You had to have them with the way the game was.

However, the younger Pistons players did evolve away from the style too. Even Rodman went more towards massive annoyance rather than violence though obviously he did have his moments with players and cameramen. I think that actually proves the point though. Those players were able to play in a less physical league and be just fine. Somehow, the Bad Boy Pistons couldn't adjust to a league where you can't just hit anyone whenever you feel like it.

:lol: You're a smart guy, BRick. Do you really not see what you're doing?

Bulls player = enforcer
Pistons player = dirty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:47 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
He also was the best player on the team and the recipient of a ton of dirty play. As he said he got hit too. Often. That's how the game was played back then.
That knocks out Thomas' primary complaint though that the cleaning up of the game was done for the Bulls benefit. It was done for the benefit of everyone. It just so happens that the Pistons relied more heavily on that extreme style of basketball than anyone. Is anyone wishing that the modern NBA would return to how games were played in the late 80s?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:48 am 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

ltg didn't watch the 26 minute video of Thomas fighting people. That was in it.

ltg can't even handle watching Thomas do bad things.

I knew that he slapped and fought a fee guys in his career. Still didn't mean he was a dirty player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next