It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
David Hogg exploits himself every bit as well as Tebow but with 1/10th of the work.

And yet he saw his friends slain, and is despised by Tebow fans. Go figure.

But did he? Did he see his friends slain?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Regular Reader wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I don't get this. Why didn't Terrelle Pryor win a Super Bowl as QB.

The guy would have been a top QB first round guy if not for all that other crap of whatever the NFL had a burr up on their ass about at the time. I don't remember.

He got a shot as a QB. Not very successful.

Then got signed later to back up a Josh McCown type and found out that he was hurt and maybe you can throw it around and catch some stuff, you're a great athlete, and he did.

Then, hey, you're pretty good at catching stuff as a massive human that is super-fast and athletic (a Tebow-type if you will) - want to catch passes for a couple years? We will pay you, I don't know, $10 million to catch some passes, wanna?

Sure. And I will make it worth your money.

You sure did. i'll never try that again though. You'll never find someone willing to put money on a former star college QB trying to make a living doing something else because they have tremendous athletic ability.

I'm a genius. Out.

But he wasn't fast, not accurate, nor has he ever been a tight end.

Remind me of his ability six years later.

He was as fast as Gronk and had demonstrated a high degree of athletic skill in college.

I just don’t get it. Are people this unsettled that Matt Leinert spent 6+ years in the NFL?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
David Hogg exploits himself every bit as well as Tebow but with 1/10th of the work.

What does this mean?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What does this mean?

Last I heard he was in a closet across the building, then ran home for his camera to later come back and metaphorically dip his shirt into victims' blood. It's just my opinion he's a blood sucking exploitative POS. I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What does this mean?

Last I heard he was in a closet across the building, then ran home for his camera to later come back and metaphorically dip his shirt into victims' blood. It's just my opinion he's a blood sucking exploitative POS. I could be wrong.

You could be wrong but can’t be bothered to check? Pretty easy really...that is if you cared about the truth. Better to stick with a story that suits your beliefs.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Let’s just say I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about...are there cliff notes on this David Haugh story?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Apparently Hogg was on campus in class when the shooting started.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Let’s just say I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about...are there cliff notes on this David Haugh story?

Avoid the Mully Edition.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Yes - He undermined Hanley to get the morning gig with Mully.
Edit: damnit Doc!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What does this mean?

Big if true.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:19 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

What does this mean?

You could be wrong but can’t be bothered to check? Pretty easy really...that is if you cared about the truth. Better to stick with a story that suits your beliefs.

It's been awhile and it's fair of you to question it. According to politifact,
Quote:
Here’s what happened.

Hogg was at the school during the shooting. Hogg shot a video on his cellphone while taking cover in a classroom closet.

Sometime after that, he went home.

At around 6 p.m., Hogg went back to get interviews, according to Vox.

"The evening after the shooting, Hogg says, he biked up to the school, where the media was still camped out," the article says. "This time, he put himself in front of the camera, making his first — but not final — plea for an end to mass shootings."

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Kid was made for politics.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:49 am 

I don't get this. Why didn't Terrelle Pryor win a Super Bowl as QB.

The guy would have been a top QB first round guy if not for all that other crap of whatever the NFL had a burr up on their ass about at the time. I don't remember.

He got a shot as a QB. Not very successful.

Then got signed later to back up a Josh McCown type and found out that he was hurt and maybe you can throw it around and catch some stuff, you're a great athlete, and he did.

Then, hey, you're pretty good at catching stuff as a massive human that is super-fast and athletic (a Tebow-type if you will) - want to catch passes for a couple years? We will pay you, I don't know, $10 million to catch some passes, wanna?

Sure. And I will make it worth your money.

You sure did. i'll never try that again though. You'll never find someone willing to put money on a former star college QB trying to make a living doing something else because they have tremendous athletic ability.

I'm a genius. Out.

You are creating a strawman that Tebow would never have played a down in the NFL if not for his story. Pryor is a good comp to what his career would have been in a normal situation, though from what I remember Pryor had a much more capable NFL arm. Tebow was literally known as the "jump pass" guy in college.

But, I'll admit that Tebow deserved this TE stint with the Jags if his numbers are anywhere close to what Pryor did as a WR.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 am 

I know it's fun to hate Tim Tebow.

But, why? He's just a guy. Good..no, great...athlete. Seems to like people and does many things to help others.

Not a great QB. But a great college QB. Probably should have listened to everyone and had a solid NFL TE career but that's not what he wanted to do.

I like Tebow. I root for the guy.

If I ever got the sense from him that he felt entitled, I'd be out. But I don't get that from him. Am I missing something?

I am in this camp!!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:37 am 

I think it would have been cool had he actually proven to be a good professional athlete. Looks like he gets one more chance.

It's not hate to point out that he hasn't ever been a good professional athlete*.

*-not counting the one playoff game he played well in.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:39 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Alex Smith retired.

He has a drop foot and is slow. The comeback was a gift and not very real.

I don't dispute that. But he could've at least been a coach in waiting.

Alex Smith himself chose not to, they wanted to sign him. He said as much on the Dan Patrick Show.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Kid was made for politics.

David Hogg, David Haugh or Tim Tebow?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 am 

Brick wrote:
You are creating a strawman that Tebow would never have played a down in the NFL if not for his story. Pryor is a good comp to what his career would have been in a normal situation, though from what I remember Pryor had a much more capable NFL arm. Tebow was literally known as the "jump pass" guy in college.

But, I'll admit that Tebow deserved this TE stint with the Jags if his numbers are anywhere close to what Pryor did as a WR.

What is his story? He's just like a bunch of other successful college athletes that NFL or pick your professional league-types want to find a way to use his athletic skills. That's his story.

Is he promotable? Yes. Why did Jordan get to play for the White Sox? Sure, Tebow sells tickets.

Why did Antwaan Randle-El get a shot at WR even though he didn't play the position in college? Because the guy was athletic and knew the game and smart people wanted to find a way to use those skills.

You can't say he doesn't deserve a shot. That's just incorrect. Lots of people get shots, mulitple. He has put in work to be a professional athlete. He's had successes and failures and he has kept trying and people have noticed that the guy wants it - whatever "it" turns out to be.

Success should not be the measure by which one is judged to have deserved the right to try.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am 

What is his story? He's just like a bunch of other successful college athletes that NFL or pick your professional league-types want to find a way to use his athletic skills. That's his story.
Are we now ignoring the reason that Tim Tebow is still relevant? If we can't even agree that Tebow's religion and how he markets himself is a primary driving force behind the Tim Tebow story then I don't think we can have a rational discussion on him.
Is he promotable? Yes. Why did Jordan get to play for the White Sox? Sure, Tebow sells tickets.
Why does Tebow sell tickets though? We know why Jordan did. Did the New York Mets minor league affiliates fans have a built in connection to a Heisman trophy winning qb or was it the memorable career he had with the Jets?

Why did Antwaan Randle-El get a shot at WR even though he didn't play the position in college? Because the guy was athletic and knew the game and smart people wanted to find a way to use those skills.
Randle-El is actually a great example. It looks as if he has 0 career starts as a QB in the NFL. He's not switching to WR after a 9 year hiatus from the NFL.

You can't say he doesn't deserve a shot. That's just incorrect. Lots of people get shots, mulitple. He has put in work to be a professional athlete. He's had successes and failures and he has kept trying and people have noticed that the guy wants it - whatever "it" turns out to be.
I never said he didn't deserve a shot. I said that he keeps on getting shots because of his story. As I said though, maybe he will prove with the Jags that he was worthy of a shot, like Randle-El, Pryor, and others did.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:51 am 

Brick wrote:
I never said he didn't deserve a shot. I said that he keeps on getting shots because of his story. As I said though, maybe he will prove with the Jags that he was worthy of a shot, like Randle-El, Pryor, and others did.

I can't do all the quote things.

You're saying it right here. He isn't worthy of a shot unless he proves that he is successful like those other guys when there are binders full of men (and women) that got many shots and failed.

His religion is an aspect of this but there are also many religious people that don't get shots because they are not freaks of nature like Tebow.

I just get the sense from all these types of discussions (separating you and this discussion now) that people actively root against him and want him to fail. I don't understand that.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:56 am 

You're saying it right here. He isn't worthy of a shot unless he proves that he is successful like those other guys when there are binders full of men (and women) that got many shots and failed.
In regards to this latest part of his career, where he after not playing NFL football for 8 years is going to try and play a position he has never played in his life at the age of 33? Yes, if he fails it means he probably didn't deserve this one, just like he didn't deserve the baseball one.

His religion is an aspect of this but there are also many religious people that don't get shots because they are not freaks of nature like Tebow.
Is Tebow really a freak of nature? Maybe compared to SEC players he was but he never showed that ability in the NFL, or in baseball.

I just get the sense from all these types of discussions (separating you and this discussion now) that people actively root against him and want him to fail. I don't understand that.
I think there is a difference between rooting against him and hoping he fails and pointing out that he has failed pretty much his whole pro career.

It's like saying people who think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failed in Chicago were rooting against him. The book is written.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:

In general, people dont like over-hyped, marginally talented people ( see Goff, Jason ) . In Tebow's case, I think the bible thumping turns a lot of people off.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:58 am 

I think there’s a much better argument that Tebow’s religious beliefs drive the viewpoint you’re describing than there is for religion playing a role in McDaniels drafting him or Urban signing him.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

In general, people dont like over-hyped, marginally talented people ( see Goff, Jason ) . In Tebow's case, I think the bible thumping turns a lot of people off.

Pretty much sums it up I think.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
In Tebow's case, I think the bible thumping turns a lot of people off.

I don't think so. I think people just don't like him.

How many interviews have you seen where the guys start by "I just want to say thank you to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ without who none of this would be possible. I really was feeling it from 3 today..."

Nobody gets turned off to all the people that say that stuff.

People just don't like Tebow.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:08 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
In Tebow's case, I think the bible thumping turns a lot of people off.

I don't think so. I think people just don't like him.

How many interviews have you seen where the guys start by "I just want to say thank you to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ without who none of this would be possible. I really was feeling it from 3 today..."

Nobody gets turned off to all the people that say that stuff.

People just don't like Tebow.

Yeah, and I said that he was overdrafted, and given more chances that pretty much everyone gets in two sports and like 6 people jumped to his defense right away. It goes both ways. Why do people love Tebow?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 am 

Well, I like him just because he's an incredibly attractive man. Some might say dreamy.

I hated everything about him in college. Came across as full of himself and overly religious, like it was all an act.

He was successful also which was irritating.

Everybody hates the person that has everything.

Now I've just seen and read too much about the guy. Doesn't seem like an act to me and I appreciate someone that is just willing to do what it takes to try to realize a dream. So, I root for him.

Maybe he's a real asshole in real life and I've been fooled.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:28 am 

I think he is definitely religious. He just really advertises it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 am 

Can we just all agree that Justin Bieber's new song Peaches is excellent and evidence that that young man has deserved every shot he's been given?

I love that song. That's that shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:32 am 

Can we just all agree that Justin Bieber's new song Peaches is excellent and evidence that that young man has deserved every shot he's been given?

I love that song. That's that shit.

Love Justin Bieber.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next