It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am 

there are enough people succeeding in entertainment for their worship of satan, might as well have one get ahead for his christianity

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
this morning - on cue, bernstein called him 'weird'.

mully called him out and asked dan why he called him weird. bernstein back-peddled and said tebow 'causes' others to act weird, like patches of floridians in the panhandle.

tebow's problem is that he isn't jerry narron.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
bernstein back-peddled and said tebow 'causes' others to act weird, like patches of floridians in the panhandle.

Bernstein calling BRick out.

I hope Bernsie has his court stenographer on retainer.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Can we just all agree that Justin Bieber's new song Peaches is excellent and evidence that that young man has deserved every shot he's been given?

I love that song. That's that shit.

Harry Styles, Shaggy, The Biebs.... The god doctor continues to surprise me.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tebow gets a lot of shots because he works his ass off, moves product and he's genuinely a great human being. Sell tickets and merchandise and you could get multiple shots too.

Some people dislike him because they want him to be "fake", but he isn't. Most of us are just shitty people in comparison to him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Tebow gets a lot of shots because he works his ass off, moves product and he's genuinely a great human being. Sell tickets and merchandise and you could get multiple shots too.

Some people dislike him because they want him to be "fake", but he isn't. Most of us are just shitty people in comparison to him.

Yup

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 am 

Nas wrote:

Very well said!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:16 am 

Nas wrote:
So like I said, his "story" is what gets him an 11 year stint as a professional athlete without having any success*.

*-besides one playoff game.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
So like I said, his "story" is what gets him an 11 year stint as a professional athlete without having any success*.

A lot of athletes have gotten multiple opportunities solely because of talent. Tebow has gotten multiple opportunities because he has some talent, he works hard, he's a great guy, he sells product and he brings in unique fans.

He's the type of guy that you root for. He's willing to do anything to pursue his dream to play professional ball.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Brick wrote:

Quote:
Wild wins are becoming routine for Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos, who flail away through most of four quarters before coming through in the clutch.

Matt Prater's 51-yard field goal 6½ minutes into overtime gave the Broncos a 13-10 victory over the stunned Chicago Bears on Sunday. Prater's 59-yarder with 3 seconds left in regulation tied the score after Tebow led another rally.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:54 am 

Brick wrote:

Quote:
Wild wins are becoming routine for Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos, who flail away through most of four quarters before coming through in the clutch.

Matt Prater's 51-yard field goal 6½ minutes into overtime gave the Broncos a 13-10 victory over the stunned Chicago Bears on Sunday. Prater's 59-yarder with 3 seconds left in regulation tied the score after Tebow led another rally.
236 yards, 1 td, 1 int 68.3 rating. I guess that's another performance to put on the resume.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Quote:

236 yards, 1 td, 1 int 68.3 rating. I guess that's another performance to put on the resume.

Mitch got 3 years with that.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:12 pm 

Nas wrote:

Tell that to Dez Bryant lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Quote:

Why do you believe that multiple opportunities should be reserved for team cancers with "elite" talent?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tim Tebow / Tiffany Trump 2036

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Quote:

As I said yesterday, if Marion Barber didn't run out of bounds late in that game, the Bears win and Tebow probably never appears in an NFL playoff game*

*As a QB

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
As it stands though, Tebow has more playoff wins than Mitch and Andy Dalton combined.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
How many games did he play in the CFL or the Arena League or any other football alternative to the NFL? I would think that a guy who wanted to bust his ass, outwork everyone and just try really really hard to realize his dream would use some of those resources to improve at his craft and reestablish himself in the NFL. His leadership qualities and relationships on but mostly off the field are why he has an invite to camp. If Urban is not running the Jags then this is not happening. He will be the oldest guy on the roster by 2 years!!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:54 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
How many games did he play in the CFL or the Arena League or any other football alternative to the NFL? I would think that a guy who wanted to bust his ass, outwork everyone and just try really really hard to realize his dream would use some of those resources to improve at his craft and reestablish himself in the NFL. His leadership qualities and relationships on but mostly off the field are why he has an invite to camp. If Urban is not running the Jags then this is not happening. He will be the oldest guy on the roster by 2 years!!

So he wasn’t invited to Jags camp for his religious beliefs?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I don't get the hullabaloo. Isn't he just one of 30 guys trying out and he'll end up getting cut?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:30 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

No. He was for his popularity that comes mostly from his religious beliefs and Florida Gator fans.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:

No. He was for his popularity that comes mostly from his religious beliefs and Florida Gator fans.

Wrong. He was brought in because a new coach is trying to build a winning culture. His coach trusts him to help with the culture like Thibs trust Taj and Spoelstra trust Haslem. Having a guy who could be making tens of millions working in someone's tv studio, but chose to come to camp and work his ass off, for a slim shot at making a team, could help build that winning culture. Nothing is being handed to him.

There are a lot of deeply religious people who won't be in a camp. Just like there are a lot of really talented players who won't get a 5th or 10th opportunity because of their baggage. Tebow brings multiple things to the table and just so happens to be a possible revenue generator. That doesn't hurt in any business.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:30 pm 

Brick wrote:

Got it. Not for his religious beliefs, but for the ‘story’ connected to his religious beliefs. Makes complete sense.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Babylon Bee is the best.

https://babylonbee.com/news/tebow-kaepe ... n-nfl-team

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Wrong. He was brought in because a new coach is trying to build a winning culture. His coach trusts him to help with the culture like Thibs trust Taj and Spoelstra trust Haslem. Having a guy who could be making tens of millions working in someone's tv studio, but chose to come to camp and work his ass off, for a slim shot at making a team, could help build that winning culture. Nothing is being handed to him.

There are a lot of deeply religious people who won't be in a camp. Just like there are a lot of really talented players who won't get a 5th or 10th opportunity because of their baggage. Tebow brings multiple things to the table and just so happens to be a possible revenue generator. That doesn't hurt in any business.

Taj and Udonis were actually good in a pro sport. And actually solid at the positions they are brought back to play.

Tebow can't say either.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Taj and Udonis were actually good in a pro sport. And actually solid at the positions they are brought back to play.

Tebow can't say either.

Neither would be in the league if it weren't for their coach trust in them to help build/maintain a winning culture. Tebow isn't even on the team. He's a future college football HoF player who is being given a shot to PROVE that he can play TE and contribute on ST. He's being given that shot because his coach believes that he still has something left in the tank and that he can help build a winning culture. IF he makes the 53 man roster, I'm confident that he would have earned it.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Tebow can't say either.

Neither would be in the league if it weren't for their coach trust in them to help build/maintain a winning culture. Tebow isn't even on the team. He's a future college football HoF player who is being given a shot to PROVE that he can play TE and contribute on ST. He's being given that shot because his coach believes that he still has something left in the tank and that he can help build a winning culture. IF he makes the 53 man roster, I'm confident that he would have earned it.

Archie Griffin and Herschel Walker were the two greatest college players I ever saw and neither gets those chances.

Especially after six seven years.

I despised new/old guys like Tebow when I actually was an athlete. More often than not they were bums at the next level.

Like Tebow is.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm 

Is Herschel Walker an Olympic bobsledder if he isn’t Herschel Walker?

I’ll say yes. The guy was a freak athlete that played for almost 20 years in pro football. Archie Griffin had a nice career also.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:41 am 

Is Herschel Walker an Olympic bobsledder if he isn’t Herschel Walker?

I’ll say yes. The guy was a freak athlete that played for almost 20 years in pro football. Archie Griffin had a nice career also.

Are you saying Walker didn't earn that chance and only got it because of his story? I would agree with that.

He was one of the best NFL players at the time though.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 am 

Brick didn't earn all the responses to his comments. He only got them because of his reputation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next