It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Love
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:07 am 

Brick, you can keep saying it although you are probably the only one, he was far from average this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He also put those numbers up yesterday without his top 2
receivers.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
That's great. Can he play QB?

GM Bob thinks Joey Porter Jr. for Chase Claypool is a nothing burger trade :lol: :lol:

1 INT. Tied for 104th in the NFL. Slow your roll a bit here, 'Low T.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
if 64.2%/4,159yds/32TD/11INT is the new standard of "average", I'd sure take some of that.

Well, we both root for teams with below average quarterbacks though.

Just do the list of quarterbacks as good or better than him. You can get to 14 pretty easily and then you get to a few other questionable ones. We did it last week.

His total td production was good to near great this year. Everything else is mostly a function of him playing 17 games.

:lol: brick be brick'n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:53 am 

He had a really good year.

I still think he is closer to Kirk Cousins than he is Rodgers.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:54 am 

RFDC wrote:

In all seriousness, why do you say that?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:58 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
if 64.2%/4,159yds/32TD/11INT is the new standard of "average", I'd sure take some of that.

Well, we both root for teams with below average quarterbacks though.

Just do the list of quarterbacks as good or better than him. You can get to 14 pretty easily and then you get to a few other questionable ones. We did it last week.

His total td production was good to near great this year. Everything else is mostly a function of him playing 17 games.

let me see this list of 14 quarterbacks.

Obviously better:
Tua
Goff
Prescott
Allen
Purdy
Mahomes
Stroud
Lamar
Cousins
Burrow

So that's 10 right there.

I'll put Herbert in his own category as I think he is definitely better but Herbert also had a subpar year.

So that is 11.

I don't take Love over any of those quarterbacks.

So you then have this group of players that you can rank in a lot of different ways.
Hurts(He had a down year too but he was an all-pro the year before)
Mayfield
Wilson
Flacco(small sample size but he's been playing at an MVP level since he got off the couch and returned).

So maybe Love is 12. Maybe Love is 16.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:00 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick, you can keep saying it although you are probably the only one, he was far from average this year.

I provided my list. You can tell me how it is wrong if you would like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:01 am 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I provided my list. You can tell me how it is wrong if you would like.

No need, you are a man of your own.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:04 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

In all seriousness, why do you say that?

The eye test of watching several games this year. I mean his stats are really good. But he does not seem to have that same "it" thing that Rodgers and Farve had. Look at Cousins stats over his career. He has had some great stat seasons, but he is not elite.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Cousins and Goff are not obviously better and Tua is one hit away from being out of football. It's a fairly easy argument for Purdue Rick with only 17 games in the book. But it's mostly a hope against hope argument, IMO. He's a first year starter on the youngest team in football. The trajectory doesn't scream 'AVERAGE'. It just doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:17 am 

Nardi wrote:
Cousins and Goff are not obviously better and Tua is one hit away from being out of football. It's a fairly easy argument for Purdue Rick with only 17 games in the book. But it's mostly a hope against hope argument, IMO. He's a first year starter on the youngest team in football. The trajectory doesn't scream 'AVERAGE'. It just doesn't.

Cousins only played 8 games but we also know that how he was playing wasn't a fluke. Cousins was better at everything than Love in those 8 games. There is no argument that Love was close to Cousins unless it is just because Love didn't get injured.

It's closer with Goff but Goff's team was much better with similar stats. Put Goff in the maybe better section and it doesn't really change anything though.

Love's 32 touchdowns in 17 games is really good but it also hides the rest of his stats which are much closer to game manager than they are elite quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:20 am 

3 to 1 td to int ratio is very good

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:20 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Cousins only played 8 games but we also know that how he was playing wasn't a fluke. Cousins was better at everything than Love in those 8 games. There is no argument that Love was close to Cousins unless it is just because Love didn't get injured.

It's closer with Goff but Goff's team was much better with similar stats. Put Goff in the maybe better section and it doesn't really change anything though.

Love's 32 touchdowns in 17 games is really good but it also hides the rest of his stats which are much closer to game manager than they are elite quarterback.

I hear ya but time is always the truthteller. So we shall see.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
what is there to argue about here? second half of the year Love played great. bears need to take a qb at 1 overall and let him marinate for 3 years. that's the secret sauce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
He had his ups and downs, but he finished strong. Id say he is hovering around QB10 right now, and he and the team are looking really promising. We will see what he does in the playoffs, that's really where the rubber meets the road. I know there aren't 14 QB's id rather have than him at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:31 am 

He had his ups and downs, but he finished strong. Id say he is hovering around QB10 right now, and he and the team are looking really promising. We will see what he does in the playoffs, that's really where the rubber meets the road. I know there aren't 14 QB's id rather have than him at this point.

I like how you went from "brick be brick'n" to "He's not 14th but probably more like 10-12th". :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:41 am 

Brick wrote:

I like how you went from "brick be brick'n" to "He's not 14th but probably more like 10-12th". :lol:

But you are brick'n. It's an objective fact. You've taken 17 games of the youngest football team that's made the playoffs and Bricked all over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:46 am 

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

But you are brick'n. It's an objective fact. You've taken 17 games of the youngest football team that's made the playoffs and Bricked all over it.

How dare someone judge a quarterback based on the games they played this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:48 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yet, you did and somehow came up with average. The only person that I have seen making this statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:52 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes, your judgement is on record. Love is in the 15th range and that's where he'll always be. This is based on...not much. But you're bold so we'll see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:52 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yet, you did and somehow came up with average. The only person that I have seen making this statement.

I showed my work. I'm fine if you or anyone else disagrees.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:11 pm 

https://x.com/rossuglem/status/1744396972109218105?s=46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

I wouldn't want to accept this Packers talking point about "youngest team" so uncritically. Factually they may still be the "youngest team" by average of a few months or days but I think 50% of the leagues top ten youngest teams made the playoffs anyway, and it would have been 60% had the Jaguars not lost Lawrence to injury. As for the oldest teams, only 40% or so of the top ten oldest made the playoffs. So the fact that the Packers made it as one of the youngest seems rather unremarkable when viewed against what's happening around the league. It's still quite disappointing that a team led by a four year veteran in love under the tutelage of an experienced coaching staff was only able to back into the playoffs once a better team's QB went down. CJ Stroud meanwhile, a rookie, coasted into the playoffs with no sweat. Love should take notes.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl ... 3-edition/

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:01 pm 

Looks like he took great notes, considering this his first opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Looks like he took great notes, considering this his first opportunity.

Y'all packer fans keep pushing the false narrative about first year and whatnot. Can't let such state propaganda pass unchallenged. Jordan Love has nearly half a decade of training camp, OTA, preseason walk through, preseason offense install, and what have you experience. On top of that he has real life game experience sprinkled in throughout those years prior to this year. He cannot be compared to CJ Stroud or actual rookies given his extensive pro experience. When Jordan Love was learning NFL football at the desk of Aaron Rodgers and Coach Lametrosexual CJ Stroud was figuring out how to get a ride to prom, so there's no comparison. Again, Jordan Love benefited from the Cousins going down with a season ender. Hardly some accomplishment worth writing home about.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 pm 

Sounds great Vegan!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:23 pm 

Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’ll disavow my earlier claim that this guy sucks. He’s clearly no worse than average and light years ahead of generational talent, Justin Fields.

Average and about to be very highly paid. It's the worst combination in football. It puts you into the NFL blob eternally.

Top 10 by any reasonable criteria, top 5 in a lot of categories. Just like I said.

He earned the bag. He is an elite quarterback.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:

He's better than both those guys.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's better than both those guys.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next