It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Damn TX property tax does seem to have jumped.

http://www.tax-rates.org/taxtables/property-tax-by-state

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Jbi11s wrote:

Texas's other taxes are lower to help make-up for that jump.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It has to be easier for the states with all the wide open land and opportunity to try new ideas etc. to advance their growth. They are not tied down by long standing traditional things that plague other states like NY and IL.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:56 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

TX is somewhere I need to visit. Never been there, but I want some authentic TX bbq before I die.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
It has to be easier for the states with all the wide open land and opportunity to try new ideas etc. to advance their growth. They are not tied down by long standing traditional things that plague other states like NY and IL.

Illinois has plenty of land...what are you talking about?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:57 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

And in the Tech/Engineering fields wages rival Illinois. It's the place to be, imo

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am 

pittmike wrote:

IL does have a lot of wide open spaces, but I get what you're saying.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:59 am 

Spoiler alert: You'll leave Illinois and find that other places have problems too.

The only reason to leave Illinois is if you are tired of the weather especially in the winter.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

And in the Tech/Engineering fields wages rival Illinois. It's the place to be, imo

Plus, Texas has more than 1 urban area to rely on. The Dallas Metroplex, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin all offer what any large city does.

Illinois only has Chicago so as Chicago goes, so does the rest of the state.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spoiler alert: You'll leave Illinois and find that other places have problems too.

The only reason to leave Illinois is if you are tired of the weather especially in the winter.

I thought you didn't live in IL?

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Other places have problems, but they are still better places to live than Illinois. I say this as someone who has left and is happy with the results of doing so.

Quality of life is much higher when you leave Madiganistan.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I have 5 friends that bolted Illinois for Texas and they don't have a single regret.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I guess I stated that poorly. If you look at Texas for example the larger metro areas are spread around the state. Also, the ability to expand those areas is limitless. In Illinois for example everything is at the top around Chicago and cheap expansion is not a piece of cake for many reasons.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I thought you didn't live in IL?
I don't. That's why I am saying that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Caller Bob wrote:
I'd be great if we could just throw the libtards out.

I know...we should shake up Springfield !

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:02 am 

pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I guess I stated that poorly. If you look at Texas for example the larger metro areas are spread around the state. Also, the ability to expand those areas is limitless. In Illinois for example everything is at the top around Chicago and cheap expansion is not a piece of cake for many reasons.

Illinois could have that same ability of we voted the liberals out

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu May 25, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Their kids will come back as doe-eyed liberals holding not-actual-jobs in """industries""" like marketing and social activism. They'll eagerly vote blindly for these same politicians because their out-of-state naïvete comepls them #FightBackAgainstHate and fill out a party ballot for the machine.

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I have 5 friends that bolted Illinois for Texas and they don't have a single regret.
Well, I don't have a regret either but it doesn't mean that every area I've lived in doesn't have as many problems as Illinois did.

I'm not saying Illinois is some grand utopia and you'll hate living anywhere else. I just see too many people who seem to act like living in Illinois is a prison sentence.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think the weather is the only reason.

But you are right every place has their own problems.

Leaving the Chicagoland was a great choice for me.

My home mortgage is less per month than I was paying for a 1 bedroom apt in 1997.

And property taxes here.....crazy low. I get a good laugh anytime I hear people around here bitch about their property taxes.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:05 am 

Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Don't regret my vote for Rauner one bit. Will vote for him again. Its too bad emporer Madigan and his chronies oppose him at every turn

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Don't regret my vote for Rauner one bit. Will vote for him again. Its too bad emporer Madigan and his chronies oppose him at every turn

Madigan is the real governor of Illinois, and has been for over 3 decades

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Limitless? I do believe Texas has borders.

Sprawl is never the answer.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

My home mortgage is less per month than I was paying for a 1 bedroom apt in 1997.

And property taxes here.....crazy low. I get a good laugh anytime I hear people around here bitch about their property taxes.

Missouri right? I've heard real estate is super low out there.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The great metropolitan center that is the Dallas Metroplex seems to indicate otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

The great metropolitan center that is the Dallas Metroplex seems to indicate otherwise.

Indicate what?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am 

Equally hilarious, to see African American voters in Chicago continue their unabashed support for the mayor, an elitist Jew who could could care less how much slaughter goes down on the south side, "just keep it out of the nice areas of Chicago"....

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Indicate what?

that sprawl can be the answer. The Metroplex works because you have 1 large city and several medium sized cities that each sustain large job markets/industries (places like Arlington, Fort Worth, Plano, etc.)

Chicago may have large suburbs, but they are all reliant upon Chicago and serve primarily as bedroom communities rather than cities in their own right.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Missouri right? I've heard real estate is super low out there.

yep. mortgage plus prop tax is less than $500 a month.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:16 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Indicate what?

Dallas and Houston are soulless wastelands.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I meant "only reason" as in that the weather is really the only negative to Illinois(and let's be honest, we mean Chicago and the suburbs) that isn't balanced out by other positives. COL is lower in many places but normally that comes with a cost too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next