It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Holdouts!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't have any real questions to ask you, if it makes you feel any better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:48 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I don't have any real questions to ask you, if it makes you feel any better.

You brought up the exponential thing in 2 threads in 2 consecutive days.

Last edited by spanky on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
As a riff on it being a topic that's been beaten into the ground in the main thread! I don't have skin in that game!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:54 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
As a riff on it being a topic that's been beaten into the ground in the main thread! I don't have skin in that game!

Gotcha. I apologize, I haven't read most of the main Corona thread...too long.

Again, my bad, I messed up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
This is pretty fucked up. I understand the initial knee jerk reaction to believe this virus wasn't going to be a big deal. SARS, H1N1 and MERS all were either successfully quarantined or never had the punch our new friend Coronavirus provides. It left MANY thinking this was another dry run. As the worldwide number of cases and deaths dwarf any recent virus before, this is now what we prepped for before, but never materialized. Coronavirus is blowing down doors compared to it's predecessors. I'm hopeful one of the untested drugs has some impact on this, but haven't seen any hard science that suggests X medicine is going to work on Y virus.

I'd humbly suggest those posters believing this whole virus is fallacy cease with the 'you're a pussay' if you believe comments, stop the rhetoric until it's over This is going to affect all of us more than in our pocketbooks. Soon. If you cannot do that people should begin to question your motive for being here. .02

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It kills the old and infirmed. If you take care of yourself and aren't over eighty years old the odds of it putting you down, not even killing you just making you miserable, are infinitesimal. The vast, vast, vast majority of people who get it dont even notice.

So quit with your doomsday bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
spanky wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
They're rioting because they need to eat.

Really? I legit haven't seen this.

Do you have a link to the riots for food shortages?

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/ ... ast-100000

And I'm not saying there are actual food shortages. It's about fear and perception. Suburban moms were fighting over toilet paper in Walmart a month ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Reminds me of “ The Mist “ . Everyone locked in the supermarket while carnage reigns outside and the Bible thumping old woman inside keeps going on about end of days and everyone ignores her at first then as time goes on more and more start listening to her demands of turning out the unpure amongst them and they’ll be saved . RIP Ollie Weeks

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:30 am 

Antarctica wrote:
It kills the old and infirmed. If you take care of yourself and aren't over eighty years old the odds of it putting you down, not even killing you just making you miserable, are infinitesimal. The vast, vast, vast majority of people who get it dont even notice.

So quit with your doomsday bullshit.

You in particular are being a dick when you don't have to be. Your facts are not entirely accurate. Not everyone that does is old. Not everyone that goes through a rough patch is infirm. What would be an acceptable death rate for you? What if it includes people you cared about? What is the harm in dialing back the vitriol? It isn't doomsday bullshit to recognize this is worse than we thought and it might personally impact you or me or others here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
RFDC wrote:
There was a facebook post going around here from a RN at a St Louis hospital giving this doom situation of how things were at her hospital. It was shown to be false and the hospital in question had to put out a statement regarding it. Sad that people are putting out fake reports of things.

People will do, say and lie about anything to achieve notoriety on Instagram and/or Twitter.

Same applies to CFMB.

Truth.

How we doing on accumulating 7 million deaths from starvation as a result of the shutdown?

I don't know if 7 million is the right number but you've been explaining the curves and peaks of the virus. I'm sure you understand that we haven't reached peak starvation yet. The rioting is just beginning in southern Italy. Amazon and Instacart just went on strike in the U.S. with calls for a national general strike growing louder. I don't think it's crazy to think that the shelves at Walgreen's could be empty in a month even if the doors remain open.

I’m guessing working in an Amazon warehouse or delivering groceries for people aren’t the funnest jobs in the world, but with the levels of unemployment, don’t you think those striking can be replaced ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 am 
Site Admin

Bagels wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
RFDC wrote:
There was a facebook post going around here from a RN at a St Louis hospital giving this doom situation of how things were at her hospital. It was shown to be false and the hospital in question had to put out a statement regarding it. Sad that people are putting out fake reports of things.

People will do, say and lie about anything to achieve notoriety on Instagram and/or Twitter.

Same applies to CFMB.

Truth.

How we doing on accumulating 7 million deaths from starvation as a result of the shutdown?

I don't know if 7 million is the right number but you've been explaining the curves and peaks of the virus. I'm sure you understand that we haven't reached peak starvation yet. The rioting is just beginning in southern Italy. Amazon and Instacart just went on strike in the U.S. with calls for a national general strike growing louder. I don't think it's crazy to think that the shelves at Walgreen's could be empty in a month even if the doors remain open.

I’m guessing working in an Amazon warehouse or delivering groceries for people aren’t the funnest jobs in the world, but with the levels of unemployment, don’t you think those striking can be replaced ?

That would just be throwing another wrench into the works. Now we're going to add union-busting to a health and financial crisis? That's a good recipe if the powers that be are actively trying to fire up a revolution.

I'm certainly not trying to downplay the health component that is driving this whole thing but it seems to me that none of our leaders is really recognizing how precarious this whole situation is outside of overwhelmed hospitals.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Reminds me of “ The Mist “ . Everyone locked in the supermarket while carnage reigns outside and the Bible thumping old woman inside keeps going on about end of days and everyone ignores her at first then as time goes on more and more start listening to her demands of turning out the unpure amongst them and they’ll be saved . RIP Ollie Weeks

So you're saying we have to sacrifice one of the non-believers and then the army will come and kill the virus? Or do we have to hop in a car and drive to safety?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So you're saying we have to sacrifice one of the non-believers and then the army will come and kill the virus? Or do we have to hop in a car and drive to safety?

Why not both ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
spanky wrote:
Nas wrote:
What do you think?

I think less than 7 million Americans will die from starvation as a result of the shutdown.

How many will die from the coronavirus? I'm thinking 300k, what say you?

I'll take the under.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: What??
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
spanky wrote:
Nas wrote:
What do you think?

I think less than 7 million Americans will die from starvation as a result of the shutdown.

I'll take the under.

Under also. The resulting depression though, riots, suicides, rampant crime, is an over 300K. Way the fuck over.

It's not too late. End the shelter at home by Apr 7.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Nardi wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
spanky wrote:
Nas wrote:
What do you think?

I'll take the under.

Under also. The resulting depression though, riots, suicides, rampant crime, is an over 300K. Way the fuck over.

Dude shut the fuck up already. Suck it up and deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:05 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Nardi wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
spanky wrote:
Nas wrote:
What do you think?

I'll take the under.

Dude shut the fuck up already. Suck it up and deal with it.

I made a bunch of deliveries for a church yesterday because everyone else was too afraid. It blows my mind and will continue to blow my mind. As long as a medical emergency, and that's all it is, shuts down society and commerce, i will continue to blow the horn that the consequences of this shortsighted solution can and probably will, get out of hand quickly.

You don't like my opinion, tough shit. Suck it up and deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
You're a fucking moron for continually spewing your conviction that the regs are shortsighted and that this is a simple medical emergency.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I don’t think I’ve seen GJ so mad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: Nardi dropped the line and GJ is taking the bait.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
CFMB March Madness should have had the matchups dictated by who is a Holdout and who isn't

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:18 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
You're a fucking moron for continually spewing your conviction that the regs are shortsighted and that this is a simple medical emergency.

Simple solution. Get the fuck out of the Holdouts thread, Buttercup.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
beni hanna wrote:
You in particular are being a dick when you don't have to be. Your facts are not entirely accurate. Not everyone that does is old. Not everyone that goes through a rough patch is infirm. What would be an acceptable death rate for you? What if it includes people you cared about? What is the harm in dialing back the vitriol? It isn't doomsday bullshit to recognize this is worse than we thought and it might personally impact you or me or others here.

All my grandparents are alive so this directly imperils them. I would rather them not die of the corona virus. Still, I'm not going to support sentencing tens of millions of people to utter financial ruin to save my ninety year old relatives.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati’s
Antarctica wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

All my grandparents are alive so this directly imperils them. I would rather them not die of the corona virus. Still, I'm not going to support sentencing tens of millions of people to utter financial ruin to save my ninety year old relatives.

So you are saying some people are expendable for the sake of the economy? How many deaths are acceptable to you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am 
Site Admin

B Mac wrote:
So you are saying some people are expendable for the sake of the economy?

Everyone believes that. if you don't think so, you're kidding yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
B Mac wrote:

MANY may believe that, but not everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 am 

:lol: So is this the real Baby Mac? Or is this someone bored doing a mult

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:56 am 
Site Admin

B Mac wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
B Mac wrote:

Who doesn't believe it? You'll have to find me someone who will advocate the banning of motor vehicles. If you're not in favor of banning them you think some people are expendable for the sake of the economy whether you're comfortable acknowledging such or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
B Mac wrote:

Lots of folks believe it, and that's fine. It's the rhetoric bullshit that isn't necessary. Internet toughs, if they are being honest with themselves, can have that opinion and still be crushed when it hits their loved ones. It may be best to at least be decent in our basic communication with one another. No one knows for whom the bell tolls.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
B Mac wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
B Mac wrote:

Who doesn't believe it? You'll have to find me someone who will advocate the banning of motor vehicles. If you're not in favor of banning them you think some people are expendable for the sake of the economy whether you're comfortable acknowledging such or not.

That’s a complete straw man and you know it. If you want to go down that path then nobody who drives a car can call themselves pro-life right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next