It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The only pro regarding Illinois/Chicago is "nostalgia" and the competitive wages which are negated by the massive taxation.

This state has so much potential, if we could only take every liberal politician in this state and drown them in Lake Michigan.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Limitless? I do believe Texas has borders.

Sprawl is never the answer.

The great metropolitan center that is the Dallas Metroplex seems to indicate otherwise.

Indicate what?

Dallas and Houston are soulless wastelands.

Ya, it's apparent MANY on the board have different priorities.

The thread is FOCUS-ed around the ability to possess the most land away from other people. Probably so they could post on CFMB in solitude. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spoiler alert: You'll leave Illinois and find that other places have problems too.

The only reason to leave Illinois is if you are tired of the weather especially in the winter.

I don't think the weather is the only reason.

But you are right every place has their own problems.

Leaving the Chicagoland was a great choice for me.

My home mortgage is less per month than I was paying for a 1 bedroom apt in 1997.

And property taxes here.....crazy low. I get a good laugh anytime I hear people around here bitch about their property taxes.

Missouri right? I've heard real estate is super low out there.

yep. mortgage plus prop tax is less than $500 a month.

WOW!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spoiler alert: You'll leave Illinois and find that other places have problems too.

The only reason to leave Illinois is if you are tired of the weather especially in the winter.

I don't think the weather is the only reason.

But you are right every place has their own problems.

Leaving the Chicagoland was a great choice for me.

My home mortgage is less per month than I was paying for a 1 bedroom apt in 1997.

And property taxes here.....crazy low. I get a good laugh anytime I hear people around here bitch about their property taxes.

Missouri right? I've heard real estate is super low out there.

yep. mortgage plus prop tax is less than $500 a month.

WOW!

That's pretty good living I must say.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The only pro regarding Illinois/Chicago is "nostalgia" and the competitive wages which are negated by the massive taxation.

This state has so much potential, if we could only take every liberal politician in this state and drown them in Lake Michigan.
The food is top notch. You have every sport you would ever want to attend in close proximity. You have great architecture and tons of entertainment options including a large grouping of plays. You get two airports that can get you anywhere without a stop. You have more stable housing situations because you aren't reliant on the big corporation in town deciding to leave. You have a wide variety of housing options from high rises to suburban living.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Caller Bob wrote:

It's about equal in size to Paris. There's a lot going on here and if you can't realize it that's your fucking problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The food is top notch. You have every sport you would ever want to attend in close proximity. You have great architecture and tons of entertainment options including a large grouping of plays. You get two airports that can get you anywhere without a stop. You have more stable housing situations because you aren't reliant on the big corporation in town deciding to leave. You have a wide variety of housing options from high rises to suburban living.

I agree with you. Chicago is an awesome place to visit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Food would be a downer...

Sports, that's why they make MLB/NFL packages..

Plays? Are you fucking gay?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Difference between place to visit and place to live.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Can I not get all of that (minus maybe architecture) in the Dallas Metroplex, Phoenix, etc.?

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

^ding we have a winner, Chicago is a great visit, awful place to live

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Can I not get all of that (minus maybe architecture) in the Dallas Metroplex, Phoenix, etc.?

No.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:45 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

^ding we have a winner, Chicago is a great visit, awful place to live

I like PittMike, but I don't understand him at times. It's like he decides to just mindless type stuff without any thought. And he contradicts himself all the time. He starts with some "concern trolling" about the problems in Illinois and blaming liberals(which is correct), then goes off on this tangent on how Illinois is screwed(hamstrung) no matter what and it's not the politicians fault.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No.

Which of those is Dallas missing?

all 4 major sports, check
theater, check
stable housing, check
great food, check
2 airports, check

The only thing it doesn't have is the historical architecture, and I can leave that.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:47 am 

Also Brick, who cares about two airports? Midway is basically just a Southwest terminal and were not you shitting on Southwest last month?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Can I not get all of that (minus maybe architecture) in the Dallas Metroplex?
I've never been there so I can't really answer.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Chicago is the only place that has good things about it. I'm saying Chicago is a place that has a lot of good things about it.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Also Brick, who cares about two airports? Midway is basically just a Southwest terminal and were not you shitting on Southwest last month?

He'd absolutely enjoy Dallas Love Field

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Absolutely not.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No.

theater, check
stable housing, check
great food, check
2 airports, check

The only thing it doesn't have is the historical architecture, and I can leave that.

Dallas has zero culture. It's like a giant Naperville. Same goes for Houston.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No.

theater, check
stable housing, check
great food, check
2 airports, check

The concept of a city having "culture" is such bullshit. Go cling to your culture as your taxes go up and your schools go to shit

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
What is the "Chicago culture"?

Racism and rampant criminality?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Word. This culture discussion is nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Ultra-segregation, racism, and criminality.

Get it right!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The concept of a city having "culture" is such bullshit. Go cling to your culture as your taxes go up and your schools go to shit

Cry more.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:55 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

In bear weather

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:55 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Word. This culture discussion is nonsense.

Corruption is Chicago's culture. Let's cling to that! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am 

In this thread: people from boring collar county suburbs confuse those suburbs with one of the world's premier cities.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am 

I think I figured out Chicago culture, it's saying you're not racist and want to live with minorities/have your kids around minorities only to live behind an all-white gated community and send your kids to an all-white private school. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I've spent the last 11 years with a drive to a major airport of somewhere between 1.5 to 2.5 hours besides when Southwest actually used the closer airport to me for anything but flights to Florida and Baltimore. You learn to appreciate what Chicago offered in terms of options.

Also, as I said in that thread, Southwest out of Chicago isn't terrible because they really have no choice because O'Hare is there.

If you prefer, Chicago has a major airport that as far as airports go is actually pretty good now.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:58 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think I figured out Chicago culture, it's saying you're not racist and want to live with minorities/have your kids around minorities only to live behind an all-white gated community and send your kids to an all-white private school. :lol:

Yup... Most segregated major city in the country.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/05/news/economy/chicago-segregated/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next