It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IceGirl
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jewel produce has really gone downhill lately!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Agree with Meijer. I shop at the one on Randall Road in Algonquin, and their meat/produce is usually pretty great. They get good Angus Beef, and I make top notch burgers out of them. Jewel is so expensive and has gone downhill. And Super Wal-Mart is so trashy and never has more than 2 checkout lanes open out of the 40 they have.

Crystal Lake is getting a Marianos in the old Sears building at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:15 am 

Okay so did I just inadvertently buy a package of expired meat one time or what. Now I feel like an asshole.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yeah..meijer is legit, always clean, good prices..good meat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am 

Meijer is trash. They might be a step above Jewel, but Jewel is dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Okay so did I just inadvertently buy a package of expired meat one time or what.

Maybe

Maybe you let it sit in the refrigerator too long?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:28 am 

Yeah, probably. It was really gamey, almost like low-grade bison meat, but it clearly said beef. It was on sale for next to nothing, so I probably had like one day to use it but took three.

I didn't get food poisoning from it in the end, but it did taste funny.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:32 am 

Douchebag wrote:

Whole Foods elitist?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Okay so did I just inadvertently buy a package of expired meat one time or what. Now I feel like an asshole.

No, Meijer sucks. Their produce sucks and the meat sucks. And it's too damn big. Who even uses the other 60% of the store that's not groceries?

SuperMario wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Whole Foods elitist?

Nah, I sometimes do Whole Foods for Meat/Seafood and produce, but anyone who shops there for everything has to be crazy.

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

No, Meijer sucks. Their produce sucks and the meat sucks. And it's too damn big. Who even uses the other 60% of the store that's not groceries?

MANY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

MANY

Fake news.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SuperMario wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Whole Foods elitist?

Likes to buy fish that is fed dog food and is raised in a tank.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am 

Douchebag wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Whole Foods elitist?

Nah, I sometimes do Whole Foods for Meat/Seafood and produce, but anyone who shops there for everything has to be crazy.

Yeah, that's how I look at Costco people who do all their shopping there. It's fine for some items once a month, but people who do their weekly shopping there are crazy. Granted, they are usually big, fat people, so there is that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:55 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Huh. Never had a problem with Meijer produce / steaks. But then I've only been to Meijer in MIchigan. Could be the Michigan-based Meijers have to comply with Michigan retail meat processing/sale rules and regulations, which are some of the strictest in the nation. which is good and bad. good in that you're not likely to catch food poisoning. Bad in that Michigan can't have Chicago-style taquerias on every corner. Michigan meat/health/whatever inspectors would never let La Pasadita operate the way they do in Chicago.

It's still terra incognita to me but it seems like Michigan has a culture of progressive and well-meaning government that Illinois lacks. They're certainly not perfect -- they never really got public transit down for obvious reasons -- but they seem to remind me of Minnesota and pre-Walker Wisconsin in a lot of respects. I feel like all three of those flagship universities loom much larger in their respective states than U of I does in Illinois. Maybe that's a big part of it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Huh. Never had a problem with Meijer produce / steaks. But then I've only been to Meijer in MIchigan. Could be the Michigan-based Meijers have to comply with Michigan retail meat processing/sale rules and regulations, which are some of the strictest in the nation. which is good and bad. good in that you're not likely to catch food poisoning. Bad in that Michigan can't have Chicago-style taquerias on every corner. Michigan meat/health/whatever inspectors would never let La Pasadita operate the way they do in Chicago.

It's still terra incognita to me but it seems like Michigan has a culture of progressive and well-meaning government that Illinois lacks. They're certainly not perfect -- they never really got public transit down for obvious reasons -- but they seem to remind me of Minnesota and pre-Walker Wisconsin in a lot of respects. I feel like all three of those flagship universities loom much larger in their respective states than U of I does in Illinois. Maybe that's a big part of it.

* Except for Detroit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
IceGirl (since this is your thread), where do you buy your bananas and sausages?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:30 pm 

denisdman wrote:
IceGirl (since this is your thread), where do you buy your bananas and sausages?

Drinky's studio apartment

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:

You must go to the wrong Jewel(s).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
The glorious town of lakemoor will have a brand new woodmans by this time next year.

Sweet.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah, the state government in Michigan has really served the residents of Flint well.

WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SuperMario wrote:
Think the first pics from the hospital she will have her hand on her hip?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah, the state government in Michigan has really served the residents of Flint well.

WTF?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:09 pm 

Her breasts must be a Prosecco fountain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
The glorious town of lakemoor will have a brand new woodmans by this time next year.

Sweet.

You're gonna love their liquor department. Great selection and prices. Those fuckers even have a self checkout in the liquor department. Now, you do have to buy the liquor separately from the regular groceries...I guess that's a Wisconsin thing that they kept when they entered IL, but I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Bagels wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Think the first pics from the hospital she will have her hand on her hip?

:lol: :lol:

:lol: That’s an all-timer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:52 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Nah, that shit that went down in Flint is down right disgusting..it's as egregious as any grimy shit you could think of in illinois.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:

WTF?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 pm 

Well, sure, Snyder is basically Mitten Scott Walker, of course things are going straight to hell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:

Sweet.

Woodman's is awesome, except for their commercials. Ay carumba!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way