It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marine Le Pen!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When I owned a bakery my partner decided she wanted to ban cakes with cocks on them. Believe it or not, cock cakes are pretty "normal" as horny broads apparently love them for bachelorette celebrations.

One time in Lake Geneva there must have been a bachelorette party -- at least I hope that was the excuse -- because out on the water there were girls on a giant inflatable penis raft. I mean, it was like a normal raft but with like a ten-foot dick coming off the bow at about one-o'-clock, gently bobbing on the water. I ain't no prude er nuthin' but I can't imagine the fine folks who live on the lake liked looking out on the water and seeing a big vinyl dick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
The primary question that anyone considering any faith should consider is whether that faith is true. In the case of Christianity if Jesus was in fact raised from the dead then that pretty much settles the issue of whether it is true.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You shouldn't be able to deny normal cakes.

Who is the final arbiter of what is "normal"?

The baker! :lol:

This has come full circle. There are bakers who don't think gay cakes are normal.

When I owned a bakery my partner decided she wanted to ban cakes with cocks on them. Believe it or not, cock cakes are pretty "normal" as horny broads apparently love them for bachelorette celebrations.

As long as the cock cakes are banned for all people that is fine. You can have standards. They can't change based on sexual orientation.

What if two grooms are banned for all people?

That's sexual orientation based discrimination.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bagels wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
The primary question that anyone considering any faith should consider is whether that faith is true. In the case of Christianity if Jesus was in fact raised from the dead then that pretty much settles the issue of whether it is true.

I don't even need him to have come back from the dead. If he was born of a virgin that's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

I don't even need him to have come back from the dead. If he was born of a virgin that's good enough for me.

Well it says all that in a book so it must be true!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
who's idea was it to hire a bakery salesman who knew nothing about baked goods?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

We just don't carry same sex toppers.

Look, I understand the point. But forcing someone to do particular work for someone they don't want to is also a problem. Frankly, I don't know why someone would want to buy a cake from an asshole who didn't want to make it for them.

I edited this to make clear what I mean. I don't think a bakery should be able to refuse service to a gay person because he is gay. But that isn't the same as being forced to create a particular item.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:

He came in handy in other ways. You can never have too many retired mob enforcers on the payroll. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Didn't leash get Don Tiny to deny the most basic tenet of Christianity here recently?

Not that I'm aware of ... why don't you enlighten us what that was.

leashyourkids wrote:
First, you state: there is only one God. You just did what Don Tiny (a devout Christian himself) said is nonsense. Say you believe there is only one God.

Perhaps you were misquoted.

leashyourkids wrote:
Actually, it looks like that was taken out of context. I was referring to Don saying that no person can know if there is or isn't a God.

To use a phrase from our board podcaster, it's a difference without a distinction.

"I believe in one God..." is the first phrase of a Creed used by many Christians and most definitely by Lutherans. It is a part of divine revelation. If you are a Christian, you can know it by accepting what Christ revealed.
Or not.

Perhaps take some time to acquaint yourself with the actual definitions of "know/knowledge" and "belief", or "faith", if you like, including how they are mutually exclusive. I didn't think that was too nuanced a differentiation to point out, even for this board. That's where I made my error apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He came in handy in other ways. You can never have too many retired mob enforcers on the payroll. :lol:

I see that, but not as a SALESMAN. :lol:

Unless his line was ...Look, you are gonna buy these fucking zeppole, or else!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I didn't want the guy just hanging out in my office all day. He claimed he had a lot of connections downtown.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Didn't leash get Don Tiny to deny the most basic tenet of Christianity here recently?

leashyourkids wrote:
First, you state: there is only one God. You just did what Don Tiny (a devout Christian himself) said is nonsense. Say you believe there is only one God.

leashyourkids wrote:
Actually, it looks like that was taken out of context. I was referring to Don saying that no person can know if there is or isn't a God.

To use a phrase from our board podcaster, it's a difference without a distinction.

"I believe in one God..." is the first phrase of a Creed used by many Christians and most definitely by Lutherans. It is a part of divine revelation. If you are a Christian, you can know it by accepting what Christ revealed.
Or not.

Perhaps take some time to acquaint yourself with the actual definitions of "know/knowledge" and "belief", or "faith", if you like, including how they are mutually exclusive. I didn't think that was too nuanced a differentiation to point out, even for this board. That's where I made my error apparently.

Well acquainted with them.

Interesting that you chose to clarify the statement in this thread, but not where it originated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I didn't want the guy just hanging out in my office all day. He claimed he had a lot of connections downtown.

Sounds like the office of the family business I left behind. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Look, I understand the point. But forcing someone to work for someone they don't want to is also a problem. Frankly, I don't know why someone would want to buy a cake from an asshole who didn't want to make it for them.

Well I assume it could be ordered.

If putting a cake topper on a cake is too traumatizing it may be time to find new work.

Your second paragraph is very dangerous. We have established that businesses operating in public need to behave in nondiscriminatory ways and that is great progress.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:lol: :lol:

I love the religious threads on this board. JORR, if there were Muslims this obtuse posting here, they'd get the same treatment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

leashyourkids wrote:

leashyourkids wrote:

Or not.

Well acquainted with them.

Interesting that you chose to clarify the statement in this thread, but not where it originated.

I don't recall anyone questioning it in that thread ... perhaps b/c those that read it readily understood the point ... that could be a major reason.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:22 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Perhaps...

Might I inquire if you see the differentiation, and thus the point I was making? To be fair I find it's considerably easier to make the point live and in person.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Perhaps...

Might I inquire if you see the differentiation, and thus the point I was making? To be fair I find it's considerably easier to make the point live and in person.

I bet that's what you tell all the little girls.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Perhaps...

I bet that's what you tell all the little girls.

I would mention that you didn't quite succeed in shoehorning that one in there, but then you'd probably just reverse the order of your post in response.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Look, I understand the point. But forcing someone to work for someone they don't want to is also a problem. Frankly, I don't know why someone would want to buy a cake from an asshole who didn't want to make it for them.

If putting a cake topper on a cake is too traumatizing it may be time to find new work.

Your second paragraph is very dangerous. We have established that businesses operating in public need to behave in nondiscriminatory ways and that is great progress.

I think you missed my edit.

There's a difference between discriminating and being forced to create a product.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

We have relatives in Oak Park, and sometimes I take Harlem down from I-90 to get there. There is this Deli on Harlem, Riviera Italian, that always has two or three guys sitting out front on lawn chairs. Do you know those guys?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There's a difference between discriminating and being forced to create a product.

No one is saying they have to create new products. They have to create equivalent products and they can't deny it because the only difference is sexual orientation.

If they don't like it then quit just like I'm sure some did when segregation ended.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

We have relatives in Oak Park, and sometimes I take Harlem down from I-90 to get there. There is this Deli on Harlem, Riviera Italian, that always has two or three guys sitting out front on lawn chairs. Do you know those guys?

Rex and Nottoli are my two spots. Further north.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Is George still involved at Nottoli?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

No one is saying they have to create new products. They have to create equivalent products and they can't deny it because the only difference is sexual orientation.

If they don't like it then quit just like I'm sure some did when segregation ended.

Nobody has answered Drakes question, what if it was a cake for a white pride~ supremecy cake?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I just looked him up.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2862953/
He is doing movies like another former classmate, Nick Celozzi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I just looked him up.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2862953/
He is doing movies like another former classmate, Nick Celozzi

Is George the wrestler?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
But does anyone know those degos sitting on lawn chairs? That has to be a no work job or the protection squad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 pm 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Nobody has answered Drakes question, what if it was a cake for a white pride~ supremecy cake?

I did. It could be denied based on it being a racist cake just like a bakery can deny a penis cake.

No one is saying you have to do everything a customer wants.

It also should be pointed out that being a racist isn't protected the same way sexual orientation is but that's not even needed to answer the question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next