It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marine Le Pen!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That's sexual orientation based discrimination.

We just don't carry same sex toppers.

Look, I understand the point. But forcing someone to work for someone they don't want to is also a problem. Frankly, I don't know why someone would want to buy a cake from an asshole who didn't want to make it for them.

Well I assume it could be ordered.

If putting a cake topper on a cake is too traumatizing it may be time to find new work.

Your second paragraph is very dangerous. We have established that businesses operating in public need to behave in nondiscriminatory ways and that is great progress.

I think you missed my edit.

There's a difference between discriminating and being forced to create a product.

No one is saying they have to create new products. They have to create equivalent products and they can't deny it because the only difference is sexual orientation.

If they don't like it then quit just like I'm sure some did when segregation ended.

There is a distinction there though. I think the businessman has the right to discriminate based on the product, not on the customer. Is it discriminatory for a Jewish baker to refuse to make a swastika cake? He's refusing the cake, not the person. if the same Nazi just wants regular buttercream, he can't deny him based on his religious beliefs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That's sexual orientation based discrimination.

We just don't carry same sex toppers.

Look, I understand the point. But forcing someone to work for someone they don't want to is also a problem. Frankly, I don't know why someone would want to buy a cake from an asshole who didn't want to make it for them.

Well I assume it could be ordered.

If putting a cake topper on a cake is too traumatizing it may be time to find new work.

Your second paragraph is very dangerous. We have established that businesses operating in public need to behave in nondiscriminatory ways and that is great progress.

I think you missed my edit.

There's a difference between discriminating and being forced to create a product.

No one is saying they have to create new products. They have to create equivalent products and they can't deny it because the only difference is sexual orientation.

If they don't like it then quit just like I'm sure some did when segregation ended.

There is a distinction there though. I think the businessman has the right to discriminate based on the product, not on the customer. Is it discriminatory for a Jewish baker to refuse to make a swastika cake? He's refusing the cake, not the person. if the same Nazi just wants regular buttercream, he can't deny him based on his religious beliefs.
I've answered this like 4 times already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You've been Brick'd!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You're not answering it in a way that will stand up to legal scrutiny, only with your arbitrary opinion on what is "racist" or "bad" or whatever. The fact is you want to force people to make products they do not agree with philosophically. There's a world of difference between that and denying a person service because of their skin color or religious beliefs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You're not answering it in a way that will stand up to legal scrutiny, only with your arbitrary opinion on what is "racist" or "bad" or whatever. The fact is you want to force people to make products they do not agree with philosophically. There's a world of difference between that and denying a person service because of their skin color or religious beliefs.

They can set their own standards. See my example of the burger place for clarification.

There is very little difference between racial discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination and I would hope everyone agrees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
So if a Bakery makes a baby cake for gender reveals do they also have to make a strawberry shortcake for its an aborted mess? Not doing so would be discriminatory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They can set their own standards. See my example of the burger place for clarification.

There is very little difference between racial discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination and I would hope everyone agrees.

I'm not suggesting anyone should be allowed to discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you hang out a shingle and a gay couple comes in, you can't deny them your product or service. But when we're talking about custom work, I think the seller has some rights concerning what he will produce.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm not suggesting anyone should be allowed to discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you hang out a shingle and a gay couple comes in, you can't deny them your product or service. But when we're talking about custom work, I think the seller has some rights concerning what he will produce.

I discriminate all the time against corporations that do not have 30 days or less payment terms.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
So if a Bakery makes a baby cake for gender reveals do they also have to make a strawberry shortcake for its an aborted mess? Not doing so would be discriminatory.

If our society had any sort of decency you wouldn't need to think like that. But everyone wants to focus on obscure exceptions rather than deal with the reality of routine discrimination.

I am sure there is some racist asshole who wants a Black owned bakery to make a cake showing a lynching. And maybe there are radical abortion rights people that so celebrate the discarded fetus that they would ask a religious oriented nun run bakery to make a cake of a formerly pregnant woman with red jam squirting out between her legs. But that stuff is so absurd. Turd.

Let's not be blinded by such nonsense in a way that allows us to discriminate against two men wanting flowers for their legal wedding.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Of course they do and I stated the criteria in which denying service is acceptable.

Anything else is obfuscation of the clear and concise criteria.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Of course they do and I stated the criteria in which denying service is acceptable.

:lol: Okay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

If our society had any sort of decency you wouldn't need to think like that. But everyone wants to focus on obscure exceptions rather than deal with the reality of routine discrimination.

I am sure there is some racist asshole who wants a Black owned bakery to make a cake showing a lynching. And maybe there are radical abortion rights people that so celebrate the discarded fetus that they would ask a religious oriented nun run bakery to make a cake of a formerly pregnant woman with red jam squirting out between her legs. But that stuff is so absurd. Turd.

Let's not be blinded by such nonsense in a way that allows us to discriminate against two men wanting flowers for their legal wedding.

Dennis, your unwillingness or inability to answer questions doesn't make them irrelevant just because you say so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
Dennis, your unwillingness or inability to answer questions doesn't make them irrelevant just because you say so.

Now, do you believe that or do you know that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I've been told there is one God by his Son. So I both know and believe that.

You don't have to if you choose to do otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: Okay.

It's true. No one has brought up an example that doesn't fit easily in it. Aborted babies!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's true. No one has brought up an example that doesn't fit easily in it. Aborted babies!

That's because we can't be sure that the Honorable Judge Boilermaker Rick will be sitting on the bench when Nazi Pete sues Shlomo the Baker for religious discrimination because he wouldn't make an Iron Cross cake to celebrate Hitler's birthday.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:34 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

You are truly an odd person. I give long winded responses to damn near everything thrown at me. If I seem unwilling or unable to answer a question, it is simply because I do not know the answer with any degree of certainty. And when it comes to God, I am quite open in saying I don't have the answers, only beliefs. Let me give you some gaps in my knowledge base:

-Sports history/trivia,
-Music and Hollywood,
-Religion,
-Cooking, grilling
-Anything related to art

When you delve into those areas, I freely admit to being an idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's because we can't be sure that the Honorable Judge Boilermaker Rick will be sitting on the bench when Nazi Pete sues Shlomo the Baker for religious discrimination because he wouldn't make an Iron Cross cake to celebrate Hitler's birthday.

As long he isn't baking other racist cakes he is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, isn't this basically similar to your debate with Nas about white people and Muslims? I could be wrong, but I believe the most recent research into the topic indicates homosexuality is genetic and not a choice or belief. If that's the case, it's easy to make the distinction.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

You are truly an odd person. I give long winded responses to damn near everything thrown at me. If I seem unwilling or unable to answer a question, it is simply because I do not know the answer with any degree of certainty. And when it comes to God, I am quite open in saying I don't have the answers, only beliefs. Let me give you some gaps in my knowledge base:

-Sports history/trivia,
-Music and Hollywood,
-Religion,
-Cooking, grilling
-Anything related to art

When you delve into those areas, I freely admit to being an idiot.

And when Turd asks a question, you call it absurd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, isn't this basically similar to your debate with Nas about white people and Muslims? I could be wrong, but I believe the most recent research into the topic indicates homosexuality is genetic and not a choice or belief. If that's the case, it's easy to make the distinction.

I agree, but that isn't going to stop a suit like the one I suggested from being filed. And this entire issue is largely religious. In most cases the refusal to perform the requested service is going to be based on religious beliefs.

And again, I don't think you should be able to refuse service to a homosexual simply on the basis of him liking other men. But I don't know that you should be forced to create a product that expresses acceptance of a practice that you don't support, e.g. a cake with two men holding hands. Similarly, you shouldn't be able to withhold your banana muffins from a Muslim woman because you disagree with her wearing a hijab, but I also don't think you should be forced to make a cake that says "Allahu Akbar!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm 

Seacrest calling people out for not answering questions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

And when Turd asks a question, you call it absurd.

I'd say aborted fetus cakes is a text book definition of absurd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
denisdman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I'm with JORR on this one. I think it would be illegal for a business to deny a customer a standard cake with Tim and Steve on it instead of Tim and Judy. But once you are asking for a custom creation, that is where things get murky.

My wife once had a caterer refuse to make a menu on account of it being racist. It was a corporate event sponsored by affinity groups within the corporation. The African american group requested a meal of fried chicken, collard greens, and watermelon. Was that discrimination?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It was a joke, yutz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
TurdFerguson wrote:
My wife once had a caterer refuse to make a menu on account of it being racist. It was a corporate event sponsored by affinity groups within the corporation. The African american group requested a meal of fried chicken, collard greens, and watermelon. Was that discrimination?

sounds like a setup to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It was a joke, yutz.

I am nothing if not a yutz. Or a putz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
denisdman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I'm with JORR on this one. I think it would be illegal for a business to deny a customer a standard cake with Tim and Steve on it instead of Tim and Judy. But once you are asking for a custom creation, that is where things get murky.

The custom cake follows the same criteria.

Of course some custom cakes could be denied without issue. It also helps there is less comparable proof of discrimination. If they had a book of previous cakes with two people holding hands for instance that would be tough to claim it was not sexual orientation discrimination.

However they would be smart not to say 'no gay custom cakes' as the reason.

So just to be clear some of you think sexual orientation discrimination is OK in many circumstances?

Last edited by Brick on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

sounds like a setup to me.

Well, not completely ... they didn't ask for grape Flavor Aid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next