It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vicki Wilson
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We all have disorders then.

great. disordered people with dicks use one locker room. disordered people without them use the other.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Of course I am, you just want to define "normal" as including "wanting to create facsimiles of [opposite sex] organs with the remains of your current sex organs while artificially altering your hormone levels", which I think is a bit unreasonable.
Fair enough. Take that out of the equation.

Let's say someone just wants to dress as a woman, wear makeup, carry a purse, and use the women's bathroom. Is that acceptable and not mental illness?

I would need to know a whole lot more about the person, and the finer points of when a choice in action becomes a clinical disorder. Are they self-imposing a prostrating diet to fit into a dress, are they late for work getting their makeup just right, are they putting themselves at an unnecessary risk to use the women's bathroom? What is the rate of incidence of this in larger society?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Parents for Privacy doesn't seem nearly as interested in protecting locker/bathroom privacy as they are in claiming that trannies are mentally ill.

Gender dysphoria does walk and talk and smell like a psychological disorder, though, doesn't it? If I told you that while I have male parts, I feel as though I should have a pair of Pratt & Whitney F100 turbofans, would you build me a runway and surgically attach wings to my body or send me to talk to a mental health professional?

I probably wouldn't send you to a mental health professional for that. I'd just call you a dumbass.

The idea that they are treating gender dysphoria as a mental illness is that these are the same people that treat homosexuality as a mental illness. I'm not going to pretend to walk in the shoes of either a homosexual or someone who thinks he should be a different gender, but honestly, it's completely reasonable to me that in a world where someone is wired to like the same sex as them, it's not unreasonable for someone to think they should have actually been born the opposite gender. I mean, human DNA has evolved in so many ways, it doesn't seem unreasonable to see this as another evolution in DNA. But I'm not a geneticist, I sell conveyor chain.

But that seems like political correctness run amok. Homosexuality is simply attraction, not a belief that you are something you aren't. Lumping them together is a political agenda that does nothing to serve those with true gender dysphoria.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:59 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Of course I am, you just want to define "normal" as including "wanting to create facsimiles of [opposite sex] organs with the remains of your current sex organs while artificially altering your hormone levels", which I think is a bit unreasonable.

Let's say someone just wants to dress as a woman, wear makeup, carry a purse, and use the women's bathroom. Is that acceptable and not mental illness?

I would need to know a whole lot more about the person, and the finer points of when a choice in action becomes a clinical disorder. Are they self-imposing a prostrating diet to fit into a dress, are they late for work getting their makeup just right, are they putting themselves at an unnecessary risk to use the women's bathroom? What is the rate of incidence of this in larger society?
Let's say it has no negative side effects on their life. Is it a mental illness?

Is it a mental illness to do something that isn't common in larger society?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Yeah, the mean age of the sample at the beginning was 8.4 years, mean age at the second observation was 18.9 years. It's the weird parenthesis they put in the URL, no idea why the auto link function truncates the URL there.

Cool

Were these kids all hormone therapy free? Were they allowed to progress through puberty naturally?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Parents for Privacy doesn't seem nearly as interested in protecting locker/bathroom privacy as they are in claiming that trannies are mentally ill.

Gender dysphoria does walk and talk and smell like a psychological disorder, though, doesn't it? If I told you that while I have male parts, I feel as though I should have a pair of Pratt & Whitney F100 turbofans, would you build me a runway and surgically attach wings to my body or send me to talk to a mental health professional?

I probably wouldn't send you to a mental health professional for that. I'd just call you a dumbass.

The idea that they are treating gender dysphoria as a mental illness is that these are the same people that treat homosexuality as a mental illness. I'm not going to pretend to walk in the shoes of either a homosexual or someone who thinks he should be a different gender, but honestly, it's completely reasonable to me that in a world where someone is wired to like the same sex as them, it's not unreasonable for someone to think they should have actually been born the opposite gender. I mean, human DNA has evolved in so many ways, it doesn't seem unreasonable to see this as another evolution in DNA. But I'm not a geneticist, I sell conveyor chain.

But that seems like political correctness run amok. Homosexuality is simply attraction, not a belief that you are something you aren't. Lumping them together is a political agenda that does nothing to serve those with true gender dysphoria.

My only thought is that we are all to quick to jump to "mental illness". I'm looking at gender dysphoria as more of a physiological thing than a psychological thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:02 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Yeah, the mean age of the sample at the beginning was 8.4 years, mean age at the second observation was 18.9 years. It's the weird parenthesis they put in the URL, no idea why the auto link function truncates the URL there.

Cool

Were these kids all hormone therapy free? Were they allowed to progress through puberty naturally?

That is my understanding of the methodology, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:04 pm 

For the record, I don't think any physical changes should be allowed either through hormones or other means until they reach the age of consent though that does bring up some liberty issues that in any other case JLN would probably be all over like a high school kid having to apply to a college to get a diploma.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Mental illness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
For the record, I don't think any physical changes should be allowed either through hormones or other means until they reach the age of consent though that does bring up some liberty issues that in any other case JLN would probably be all over like a high school kid having to apply to a college to get a diploma.

What are you talking about? We place all kinds of personal liberty restrictions on minors, and almost all of it is a really good idea, because consent is a key component of almost every human interaction. How can a minor, even a 15-year old, consent to a nose job or life-altering hormone replacement therapy?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hatchetman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We all have disorders then.

great. disordered people with dicks use one locker room. disordered people without them use the other.

Hahahaa.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What are you talking about? We place all kinds of personal liberty restrictions on minors, and almost all of it is a really good idea, because consent is a key component of almost every human interaction. How can a minor, even a 15-year old, consent to a nose job or life-altering hormone replacement therapy?
I agree with you. I don't think it should be legal until they are able to legally consent as an adult.

I just find it interesting that you think we should be allowed to restrict minors from making decisions on what to do with their own bodies but it would be "unconstitutional" to require them to apply and gain acceptance to a University that is guaranteed to accept them in order to get a diploma. Now this is where I am told those are completely different things even though both are telling high school age kids what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I agree with you. I don't think it should be legal until they are able to legally consent as an adult.

I just find it interesting that you think we should be allowed to restrict minors from making decisions on what to do with their own bodies but it would be "unconstitutional" to require them to apply and gain acceptance to a University that is guaranteed to accept them in order to get a diploma. Now this is where I am told those are completely different things even though both are telling high school age kids what to do.

Well, I suggest you think real hard about any and all real and potential differences between telling a minor they can't do something because they are unable to consent, and an extrajudicial, extra-legislative policy requiring students provide proof of joining the military or being accepted into college in order to receive a benefit for which they have otherwise completed the requirements.

See if you can't figure it out for yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Of all those letters, LGBTQ, the ‘T’ has the toughest road ahead. In fact, I think the ‘T’ should stand for Tough Road Ahead.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Of all those letters, LGBTQ, the ‘T’ has the toughest road ahead. In fact, I think the ‘T’ should stand for Tough Road Ahead.

It should be changed to LBGTWTWQ.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
the extra B is for BYOBB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, I suggest you think real hard about any and all real and potential differences between telling a minor they can't do something because they are unable to consent, and an extrajudicial, extra-legislative policy requiring students provide proof of joining the military or being accepted into college in order to receive a benefit for which they have otherwise completed the requirements.

See if you can't figure it out for yourself.
When comparing two things you can always come up with some differences.

It's just a more global question. We don't let a kid decide what is best for their own body but it is unconstitutional and wrong to require them to apply to a college they are guaranteed acceptance to and then just ignore it as a requirement to get a diploma. If we were looking at those based off of scale the denial of control of one's own body would be far more invasive than filling out a form to be "granted" a high school diploma. Remember you called that requirement "unconstitutional" but yet see no problem with telling a 15 year old they can't choose to take a hormone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
There is an very good Vice about this topic: https://news.vice.com/story/vice-on-hbo ... nder-youth

They are starting with treatments at a very young age so that the kid looks like their chosen gender. I don't know if it's a positive thing or not. It's tough to make life altering decisions at that age, but it's also incredibly sad to see the inner turmoil with these individuals.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joanie Rae Wimmer also defends people like this:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013 ... 712119830/

Quote:
Stephen Bona, 50, of Chicago was charged March 22, hours after Republican state Rep. Jeanne Ives reported getting a threatening voice mail at her district office.

"Your Tea Party brethren Sarah Palin put up a map that included the names, locations, and faces of Democratic candidates and put them in the cross hairs of a gun," the caller said on the voice mail, a recording of which Ives provided to the Daily Herald at that time.

The caller went on to say "perhaps we should do the same for you. We know where you live. There's no longer a ban on assault weapons. Think about that before you speak next time, (expletive)."

Bona is accused of leaving the message following Ives' February appearance on a Catholic Conference of Illinois radio show. There, she said same-sex marriages are "disordered" and couples are trying to "weasel their way into acceptability."

Bona's attorney, Joanie Rae Wimmer argued during a Wednesday hearing before DuPage Judge Blanche Hill Fawell that the case should be dismissed because Bona did not specifically threaten Ives.

"The law is pretty clear that you only get outside the realm of constitutionally protected speech if you mean to convey an intent on your part to do harm to someone else," Wimmer said. "I don't believe that he did that. There are a number of cases where a speaker suggests to the listener that violence could befall them if they continue their course of action."

Equality!

Is there anything inherently wrong about defending an alleged criminal?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:35 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Quote:
Stephen Bona, 50, of Chicago was charged March 22, hours after Republican state Rep. Jeanne Ives reported getting a threatening voice mail at her district office.

"Your Tea Party brethren Sarah Palin put up a map that included the names, locations, and faces of Democratic candidates and put them in the cross hairs of a gun," the caller said on the voice mail, a recording of which Ives provided to the Daily Herald at that time.

The caller went on to say "perhaps we should do the same for you. We know where you live. There's no longer a ban on assault weapons. Think about that before you speak next time, (expletive)."

Bona is accused of leaving the message following Ives' February appearance on a Catholic Conference of Illinois radio show. There, she said same-sex marriages are "disordered" and couples are trying to "weasel their way into acceptability."

Bona's attorney, Joanie Rae Wimmer argued during a Wednesday hearing before DuPage Judge Blanche Hill Fawell that the case should be dismissed because Bona did not specifically threaten Ives.

"The law is pretty clear that you only get outside the realm of constitutionally protected speech if you mean to convey an intent on your part to do harm to someone else," Wimmer said. "I don't believe that he did that. There are a number of cases where a speaker suggests to the listener that violence could befall them if they continue their course of action."

Equality!

You know I don't think there is.

Tell me, does your poor "pedantic, contrarian ass" bit ever get old?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Quote:

Equality!

It doesn't get old for me!

If there's not a problem with her doing what she does then what's the point of posting the linked story?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:04 pm 

Keep up the good work SS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Quote:

Equality!

If there's not a problem with her doing what she does then what's the point of posting the linked story?

Because it's funny. Because OF COURSE the transgendered attorney activist would happen to represent the gay liberal gun nut charged with threatening a Republican government official. It's a progressive superfecta.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Quote:

Equality!

Because it's funny. Because OF COURSE the transgendered attorney activist would happen to represent the gay liberal gun nut charged with threatening a Republican government official. It's a progressive superfecta.

Imagine that, a liberal sympathizing with another liberal! That's a real knee-slapper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I trust Mike Pence will fix this through electric reeducation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
The logical conclusion to thisis that there is no such thing as mental illness and we all fall on a million different spectrums. That's not to say that people don't need treatment for falling on the extreme ends of spectrums... I just don't know how we call something a mental illness that a good majority of the population has, but a person who bites their fingernails down to the nub (me) is not mentally ill. I just think we're all "mentally ill" in some regard, which renders the term meaningless.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 pm 

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201911 ... oom-access

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I have posted before about watching a NOVA episode following several trans-gender kids. I, personally am thankful my kids (now grown) never exhibited behavior along these lines, and really feel sorry for the young people and their parents. The life-altering decisions they are making are so painful to watch. As a parent, you can't help but want the best for your kids, but the kids' choices make it so hard to ever avoid ridicule/ostracism/attack at some level. I certainly hope the none of you guys with younger kids ever have to deal with it- it looks horrible for all involved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20191114/district-211-grants-transgender-students-unrestricted-locker-room-access

Unrestricted! They're in the stall while you're shitting!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 am 

conns7901 wrote:
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20191114/district-211-grants-transgender-students-unrestricted-locker-room-access

At least the comment section should be entertaining.