It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fred Hoiberg
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Let's be clear here: many people want him fired, including you. Your position is incoherent, at best.

Nah. You can't have it both ways. You wouldn't let me off the hook if he were floundering. I have been by far the biggest Hoiberg defender. The number of people defending him on here wouldn't fill up a bathroom stall. For better or worse I'm with Hoiberg.

Are you denying that you repeatedly said that he should he fired? Please remember that something called the internet pretty much documents everything you type.

Go ahead. You can count those posts on one hand. In an effort
at being equitable also cite the number of posts in which I defended him. Let's also cite all of your posts which bashed me for defending him. Let's put it all on table.

I stated that he should have been fired if he'd lost the last game. He didn't so we move on.

I don't think I've ever seen someone so defiantly proud of himself for making self-contradictory statements.

Congratulations and condolences, you're a great and terrible poster!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Let's be clear here: many people want him fired, including you. Your position is incoherent, at best.

Nah. You can't have it both ways. You wouldn't let me off the hook if he were floundering. I have been by far the biggest Hoiberg defender. The number of people defending him on here wouldn't fill up a bathroom stall. For better or worse I'm with Hoiberg.

Are you denying that you repeatedly said that he should he fired? Please remember that something called the internet pretty much documents everything you type.

Go ahead. You can count those posts on one hand. In an effort
at being equitable also cite the number of posts in which I defended him. Let's also cite all of your posts which bashed me for defending him. Let's put it all on table.

I stated that he should have been fired if he'd lost the last game. He didn't so we move on.

I don't think I've ever seen someone so defiantly proud of himself for making self-contradictory statements.

Congratulations and condolences, you're a great and terrible poster!

They don't flood you at all. I guess that qualifies you as a "great poster". Either that or they personally like you. Not the case with me. There is always an incessant need to prove me wrong.

The reluctance to refute someones post shouldn't used as a means of validating them as a poster.

There are a lot of dumb things said by a number of people on here myself included. Yet it's obvious that certain guys are targeted while others are ignored.

In the immortal words of the great rap group P.E.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... KsIW2IVk2g

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am 
1000 CLUB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tblpxtlrvg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... tblpxtlrvg
Tall Midget wrote:

"I got a right to be hostile".

Maybe you can "neoliberal" your way out of this discussion too. It's obvious that you have nothing to add from a basketball perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Uh, OK. I really wasn't picking a fight. But if you're upset because your credibility is frequently under assault here, you might want to consider how your martyr complex has helped establish and reinforce that dynamic.

You're all fingers and no thumbs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
I got it. She lost her thumbs in a tractor accident and they grafted her big toes on. They do it every day.

How's her handshake? A little firm, isn't it? Maybe a little too firm? Hand's a little smelly?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You have to give "Fast Freddie" credit, he's coaching circles on Brad "Don't I look like a pedophile" Stevens!

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Uh, OK. I really wasn't picking a fight. But if you're upset because your credibility is frequently under assault here, you might want to consider how your martyr complex has helped establish and reinforce that dynamic.

It's not a martyr complex it's a fact. Maybe I upset the collegial atmosphere for some. When you chime in to a discussion in which you've previously neglected and the first thing you do is level insults you validate everything that I'm saying.

You can call it "martyr" "victim" or whatever but it's obvious. I don't particularly care because if I've demonstrated one thing is that i'm not going anywhere.

Some lack credibility because their opinions change relative to the person that is posting. Nollo Contendre is always in effect when a person that they prefer is posting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It's not a martyr complex it's a fact. Maybe I upset the collegial atmosphere for some. When you chime in to a discussion in which you've previously neglected and the first thing you do is level insults you validate everything that I'm saying.

You can call it "martyr" "victim" or whatever but it's obvious. I don't particularly care because if I've demonstrated one thing is that i'm not going anywhere.

Some lack credibility because their opinions change relative to the person that is posting. Nollo Contendre is always in effect when a person that they prefer is posting.

My initial response proves nothing other than the fact that I thought your pride in self-contradiction was hilarious and the only notable item in an otherwise tiresome thread.

Your responses to me, however, clearly validates my observation via fingers and thumbs.

Now go ahead and ignore this point as you continue bitching about the great CFMB persecution of Long-Time Guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

My initial response proves nothing other than the fact that I thought your pride in self-contradiction was hilarious and the only notable item in an otherwise tiresome thread.

Your responses to me, however, clearly validates my observation via fingers and thumbs.

Now go ahead and ignore this point as you continue bitching about the great CFMB persecution of Long-Time Guy.

Imagine that. A guy that takes a personal attack (for lack of a better term), personally. What a novel concept.

As far as Hoiberg goes I must have missed something. Was he up 2-0 during last season's playoffs?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Imagine that. A guy that takes a personal attack (for lack of a better term), personally. What a novel concept.

As far as Hoiberg goes I must have missed something. Was he up 2-0 during last season's playoffs?

I'm also going to continue to take my victory laps over self professed know it alls who aren't much interested in holding discussions or engaging in civil disagreements. Get used to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

The fact that you interpret someone pointing out the absurdity of celebrating logical contradiction as a "personal attack" speaks volumes about your (non-existent, I know) martyr complex.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm also going to continue to take my victory laps over self professed know it alls who aren't much interested in holding discussions or engaging in civil disagreements. Get used to it.

I'm not sure what this means exactly. But your affinity for chest-pounding reveals far more about the apparent fragility of your psyche than it does about anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I got it. She lost her thumbs in a tractor accident and they grafted her big toes on. They do it every day.

How's her handshake? A little firm, isn't it? Maybe a little too firm? Hand's a little smelly?

I'd like to have shoehorn hands.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm not sure what this means exactly. But your affinity for chest-pounding reveals far more about the apparent fragility of your psyche than it does about anything else.

Do you play a psyche in your off time? If so what does the need to constantly levy personal shots demonstrate? You had absolutely nothing to continue regarding the thread yet you wonder why my antennae is always up.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
[

Do you play a psyche in your off time? Of so what does the need to constantly levy personal shots demonstrate?

Seek immediate medical attention.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
LTG, pointing out hypocrisy is not a "personal attack," it's merely keeping someone in check. If you don't want to be called out for hypocrisy then you can learn to be consistent. Please note that this is not a personal attack.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
LTG, pointing out hypocrisy is not a "personal attack," it's merely keeping someone in check. If you don't want to be called out for hypocrisy then you can learn to be consistent. Please note that this is not a personal attack.

Hypocrisy is cool and I'm good with that. That is what places like this are for to be honest.

I agree about consistency and others should practice that also. When guys they favor say bullshit jam them also. Doesn't have to be in every instance but there is too much hands off with it comes to certain guys. Many guys in fact.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Hypocrisy is cool and I'm good with that. That is what places like this are for to be honest.

I agree about consistency and others should practice that also. When guys they favor say bullshit jam them also. Doesn't have to be in every instance but there is too much hands off with it comes to certain guys. Many guys in fact.

:lol: :lol:

How can you both "be cool" with hypocrisy and advocate the shaming of others for their inconsistencies?

I know, I know, more personal attacks, right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:
How can you both "be cool" with hypocrisy and advocate the shaming of others for their inconsistencies?

Without being condescending I know you are smarter than that. Pointing out someone's hypocrisy is "cool". There needs to be more equity however. Probably isn't that big a deal but that to me is what's tiresome. There is a hands off approach taken in regards to numerous people that post here. When they say dumb shit (some of them very often) it is ignored too often. Their hypocrisy is never pointed out and they definitely aren't piled upon.

If you want to know what is "tiresome" that's it. I don't use message boards to get kicks. You probably need to be psychoanalyzing those that do. There is some sort of deficit if a person's sense of security or validation comes from this bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
People won't even let ltg enjoy his well deserves Hoiberg victory lap. For shame.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
People won't even let ltg enjoy his well deserves Hoiberg victory lap. For shame.

This is Trump's America ... we don't have to do that sort of thing anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:

Without being condescending I know you are smarter than that. Pointing out someone's hypocrisy is "cool". There needs to be more equity however. Probably isn't that big a deal but that to me is what's tiresome. There is a hands off approach taken in regards to numerous people that post here. When they say dumb shit (some of them very often) it is ignored too often. Their hypocrisy is never pointed out and they definitely aren't piled upon.

If you want to know what is "tiresome" that's it. I don't use message boards to get kicks. You probably need to be psychoanalyzing those that do. There is some sort of deficit if a person's sense of security or validation comes from this bullshit.

There is a hands off approach taken in regards to numerous people that post here. When they say dumb shit (some of them very often) it is ignored too often
Name names :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You.

I don't believe that was directed at your ass

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Quote:

There is a hands off approach taken in regards to numerous people that post here. When they say dumb shit (some of them very often) it is ignored too often
Name names :D

Disciples of advanced stats should be tearing IMU to shreds for the Butler Usage rate stuff. Iso doesn't really apply to what I referred to all season.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
LTG has proven time and time again that he knows basketball.

And nobody saw a 2-0 lead coming. Hoiberg has to get at least a tiny bit of credit for what the Bull accomplished in these first two games doesn't he?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:

And nobody saw a 2-0 lead coming. Hoiberg has to get at least a tiny bit of credit for what the Bull accomplished in these first two games doesn't he?

By the time their done the ghosts of Tom Boerwinkle and Juwaan Oldham will be given credit. If Hoiberg pulls this off it wouldn't be the greatest upset but it will be significant.

It's also obvious that on some level they are buying into his system. Rondo is making sure that they run his system. He is improvising but he is running Hoiberg's plays. You called it a few days ago. It has been going on for about a month and a half.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

By the time their done the ghosts of Tom Boerwinkle and Juwaan Oldham will be given credit. If Hoiberg pulls this off it wouldn't be the greatest upset but it will be significant.

Boerwinkle.

Once had 37 rebs in a single game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next