It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LaVar Ball
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
America wrote:
I really am beginning to like this guy. First he takes on the big sportswear brands head on and now he's throwing haymakers at outraged women.

How did he take on the big sportswear brands? His stupid ass pitched everything to all of them and they wisely passed on this chump. So he found a chinaman to make his ugly apparel that won't sell.

He's made $250k off the shoes and probably thousands more off the other stuff.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
312player wrote:
America wrote:
I really am beginning to like this guy. First he takes on the big sportswear brands head on and now he's throwing haymakers at outraged women.

How did he take on the big sportswear brands? His stupid ass pitched everything to all of them and they wisely passed on this chump. So he found a chinaman to make his ugly apparel that won't sell.

Its a bit disappointing that he is trying to beat them at their own game, with the exploitative overseas manufacturing and exorbitant prices for shitty Chinese/Indonesian shoes, but at least the profits are going to himself and his family. I'm not going to fault workers for controlling the means.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Now he's selling shirts - both men's and women's. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's Black Sports Trump.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
312player wrote:
America wrote:

The Dude: Walter, what is the point? Look, we all know who is at fault here, what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: Huh? No, what the fuck are you... I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.

Donny: What the fuck is he talking about?

The Dude: My rug.

Walter Sobchak: Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you...?

The Dude: Walter, he peed on my rug!

Donny: He peed on the Dude's rug.

Walter Sobchak: Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
America wrote:

He hasn't made dick, the sales are in the crapper.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
America wrote:

He hasn't made dick, the sales are in the crapper.

They've sold over 500 pairs of shoes for $500. They've also sold other athletic gear. If he plays well the brand will do really well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ruh-Roh

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76ers/report-lakers-souring-selecting-lonzo-ball-no-2-pick?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Interesting that they aren't really sold on his game. Shakes you listening?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

listening to what? Twitter rumors about a team souring on a player they haven't worked out yet? No, not really.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

listening to what? Twitter rumors about a team souring on a player they haven't worked out yet? No, not really.

Magic isn't going to come out and say that he doesn't think the kid is shit. We will know in 3 weeks when he doesn't draft him

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Magic isn't going to come out and say that he doesn't think the kid is shit. We will know in 3 weeks when he doesn't draft him

whether or not the Lakers draft him will have no bearing on whether or not the kid is shit. So not really understanding whatever vague point you think you are making.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I'm a little late to his discussion, but I saw the herd segment where Kristine Leahy went in on him as it first aired, and I don't remember it being as inherently "misogynist" as the media "sensationalized" ermmm "reported it"

What I remember was she went In on why no women and he was like YOU'RE A HATER, I AINT GONNA BOTHER WITH YOU. and when she was like B-BUT WOMEN!!! he just doubled down like I AINT HEAR YOU HATER....

Then you report the whole thing as a "misogyny laced tirade" and ppl claim he BACK TO THE KITCHENed her and it's kind of like wtf?!! I guess ppl just want to have themselves a nice sensational story no matter what (see the "vandalism" at Lebron's house.... Nobody actually had btw!!!)

Also he made a T-shirt referencing the whole "STAY IN YOUR LANE" quote (I guess where ppl get their soggy knees from? They took it as a sexist thing > "you do media i'll do business" thing, and no doubt LaVar wanted to ride actual misogyny with the shirt..... Which he modeled while his LaMelo kid's AAU team got blown out by 50+ by the Compton [something]s (in front of James Harden, no less. Littlest ball choked like a [B-WORD] tbh #KARMA??? =))

THAT SAID...

One thing you gotta give LaVar Ball is that you know who his kid is. I couldn't tell you who or what a Markelle Fultz is but I can tell you all about Lonzo Ball, and that's because of his father. Love or hate that accordingly, but the NCAA wants you to believe that the Coaches are the stars, not the $$$STUDENT-ATHLETES$$$

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

whether or not the Lakers draft him will have no bearing on whether or not the kid is shit. So not really understanding whatever vague point you think you are making.

If he drops out of the top 5 that will go a long way towards suggesting whether or not they think he is good. Definitely doesn't sound like they believe he is a "stud".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

If he drops out of the top 5 that will go a long way towards suggesting whether or not they think he is good. Definitely doesn't sound like they believe he is a "stud".

And once again, where he gets drafted will have no bearing on whether or not he's a stud.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:21 pm 

If he were a 2nd round pick that would go a long way towards determining it. If Magic doesn't think he is a star then that would go a long way also. Nothing determines it until he actually plays but by that point it will be rather obvious that he isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
the other reason lavar ball gets a lot of "media love" is that he's constantly willing to go on whatever shows and say outlandish things that the people on first-take/skip-n-shannon can argue about endlessly/ad-infinitum, which fills up airtime when they aint really got too much to talk about during baseball season / NFL-offseason / lebron-season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:50 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
the other reason lavar ball gets a lot of "media love" is that he's constantly willing to go on whatever shows and say outlandish things that the people on first-take/skip-n-shannon can argue about endlessly/ad-infinitum, which fills up airtime when they aint really got too much to talk about during baseball season / NFL-offseason / lebron-season.

That's true but I hope that the narrative becomes about his son the basketball player and not his father the buffoon. I'm sure if his son doesn't pan out there will be endless stories of his being blackballed because of the nutty antics of his father.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If he were a 2nd round pick that would go a long way towards determining it. If Magic doesn't think he is a star then that would go a long way also. Nothing determines it until he actually plays but by that point it will be rather obvious that he isn't.

LOL, I've got a better chance of hearing my name in the 2nd round than Lonzo does.

Love how you went from twitter rumor that Lakers are passing on Ball (before they even work him out), to then posting that he will drop out of the top 5 and then now you have him out of the first round entirely.

And you finally kind of admit that his ability might actually be determined on the court, not by his draft position...unless he goes 2nd round in which case he's a bum, right?

You're the worst poster here IMO, at least Chas has to register on a list for his achievements. We need a Logic Offender List for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:54 pm 

and also, what does Magic not thinking he is a star have to do with anything? Is Magic the end all be all of talent evaluators because he was an all time great player? How'd that resume work out for Michael Jordan as a talent evaluator?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:00 pm 

shakes wrote:
and also, what does Magic not thinking he is a star have to do with anything? Is Magic the end all be all of talent evaluators because he was an all time great player? How'd that resume work out for Michael Jordan as a talent evaluator?

He knows the point guard position and he knows basketball. Jordan is Jordan and I'm not debating him. You stated that he will be a stud. I doubt that very seriously. I think depending on where he is drafted he could easily be a bust. At best he may be a middle of the road NBA starter. His game doesn't translate well to the NBA. Definitely doesn't match the hype provided by his father. Tatum and Josh Jackson will be much better pros and there hasn't been one reference made to either because the world is focused on the idiotic father of this kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

He knows the point guard position and he knows basketball. Jordan is Jordan and I'm not debating him. You stated that he will be a stud. I doubt that very seriously. I think depending on where he is drafted he could easily be a bust. At best he may be a middle of the road NBA starter. His game doesn't translate well to the NBA. Definitely doesn't match the hype provided by his father. Tatum and Josh Jackson will be much better pros and there hasn't been one reference made to either because the world is focused on the idiotic father of this kid.

Between Lonzo, Tatum and Josh Jackson, I bet you haven't seen 5 total games they've played.

Also, you are wrong yet again. Plenty of talk about Josh Jackson these days, lots of recent talk about him slipping in the draft.

To summarize....I said Lonzo will be a stud, you said he would be a bust. So far, you've posted nothing that proves your point. I've also posted nothing to prove my point. One of us has stated that the answer won't come until he plays in the league, the other has attempted to prove his point by posting twitter rumors about draft position as well as stating that where a player gets drafted helps determine whether or not he will be a bust or not.

In other words, one of us is being reasonable and one of us is being an idiot.

SPOILER ALERT:
UR THE IDIOT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Between Lonzo, Tatum and Josh Jackson, I bet you haven't seen 5 total games they've played.

Also, you are wrong yet again. Plenty of talk about Josh Jackson these days, lots of recent talk about him slipping in the draft.

To summarize....I said Lonzo will be a stud, you said he would be a bust. So far, you've posted nothing that proves your point. I've also posted nothing to prove my point. One of us has stated that the answer won't come until he plays in the league, the other has attempted to prove his point by posting twitter rumors about draft position as well as stating that where a player gets drafted helps determine whether or not he will be a bust or not.

In other words, one of us is being reasonable and one of us is being an idiot.

SPOILER ALERT:
UR THE IDIOT

No you're the idiot. I never posted twitter ramblings either. That was someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:22 pm 

LOL UR ENTIRE POST TODAY IS RELATED TO A COMMENT ON TWITTER U DUMFUK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I steer clear of saying a top prospect guard will be bad after watching Curry become what he's become. I still think he tenses up when the chips are down but no one predicted his level of success.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:24 pm 

LOL ur entire post today is related to a article entirely made up of twitter posts.

I'm done with you. You're clearly beneath me and not worthy of my time.

I'll respond to this in 5 years when we actually know the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:36 pm 

shakes wrote:
LOL ur entire post today is related to a article entirely made up of twitter posts.

I'm done with you. You're clearly beneath me and not worthy of my time.

I'll respond to this in 5 years when we actually know the answer.

5 years? A little slow on the uptick if it takes that long to figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVar_Ball

This guy's Wikipedia page is ridiculous. He spent so much time writing it, you can tell.

He has four Li-brothers himself. Who knew there were so many L names?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
America wrote:

Alternative facts!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
America wrote:

Alternative facts!

It's literally basic math and that number has grown.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next