It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fuck anyone here rooting for Chicago or Illinois to fail. Should be a ban from the Chicago Fanatics Message Board.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Curious Hair wrote:
Fuck anyone here rooting for Chicago or Illinois to fail. Should be a ban from the Chicago Fanatics Message Board.

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for it to fail. More like rooting for it to get better.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:59 am 

It's why I hate Predators fans so much. Nashville is full to bursting with carpetbagging midwesterners, mostly from Michigan, who shit on everything back home because hey, they got out and got their McMansions and low taxes. I hope the bottom drops out from under them. It won't be pretty when it does.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
It's why I hate Predators fans so much. Nashville is full to bursting with carpetbagging midwesterners, mostly from Michigan, who shit on everything back home because hey, they got out and got their McMansions and low taxes. I hope the bottom drops out from under them. It won't be pretty when it does.

Are you sure you're not a Sox fan?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

says the dude that roots against Chicago players and has talked several times of moving his fandom to Winnipeg

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Jbi11s wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for it to fail. More like rooting for it to get better.

While also acknowledging none of that will happen while Madigan is alive, and when the bastard croaks the damage will be too deep.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:15 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I have a Sox fan heart with a Cubs fan upbringing. If my family had been from Flossmoor instead of Northbrook I wouldn't have this dissonance.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

Cheering for states which race to the bottom has become a board pastime.

Extra enthusiasm for states that combine the race with social discrimination.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:33 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Kind of hilarious given Chicago is the poster child for this yet you have the nerve to act as if this is a southern problem. Face it, racial discrimination in the 21st century is a larger problem in the North. Chicago and Milwaukee are the 2 most segregated cities in the country.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I have a Sox fan heart with a Cubs fan upbringing. If my family had been from Flossmoor instead of Northbrook I wouldn't have this dissonance.

:lol:

That explains it.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Kind of hilarious given Chicago is the poster child for this yet you have the nerve to act as if this is a southern problem. Face it, racial discrimination in the 21st century is a larger problem in the North. Chicago and Milwaukee are the 2 most segregated cities in the country.

1. Race to the bottom
2. Social discrimination is not just about race...

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

1. Race to the bottom

Race to the bottom... :roll:
that must be why the standard of living improves once you leave Illinois.

The level of discrimination, social or racial, is significantly higher in Chicago. Southern cities are more open and embracing than decaying Northern cities.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The original plan was to move out of state once the kids are in college.

That might change.

Fuck Illinois.

Same. Only three years away now from college. We've started scoping out land to build our "retirement home".

And Schaumburg is actually shrinking (really stagnating. They lost about 1,000 residents between 2000 and 2010.

http://www.ci.schaumburg.il.us/about/demographics.htm

If you are thinking down here you better get to it,running out of land and old places to tear down to build new stuff. Fucking rent is outrageous in Tampa itself, over on this side of the bay it is not that bad yet

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:04 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

1. Race to the bottom

The level of discrimination, social or racial, is significantly higher in Chicago. Southern cities are more open and embracing than decaying Northern cities.
I'd say you are being overdramatic here.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:05 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
1. Race to the bottom

Race to the bottom meaning states just doing away with taxes and giving welfare to large corporations to move there. In the end it won't be sustainable, and all of these states will face similar issues to what we are seeing in Illinois.

And "Religious Freedom" is the new Jim Crow. Bunch of snowflakes scared to eat a burger in the same room as a homo.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spoiler alert: You'll leave Illinois and find that other places have problems too.

The only reason to leave Illinois is if you are tired of the weather especially in the winter.

I don't think the weather is the only reason.

But you are right every place has their own problems.

Leaving the Chicagoland was a great choice for me.

My home mortgage is less per month than I was paying for a 1 bedroom apt in 1997.

And property taxes here.....crazy low. I get a good laugh anytime I hear people around here bitch about their property taxes.

Missouri right? I've heard real estate is super low out there.

yep. mortgage plus prop tax is less than $500 a month.

WOW!

But you have to share the shower with the livestock

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Curious Hair wrote:

Aren't you in Virginia? I thought I saw you posted that once.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 pm 

I've never set foot in Virginia.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

1. Race to the bottom

I'd say you are being overdramatic here.

Once again, we have seen Chicago is the most segregated city in the entire country, not Birmingham, not Jackson, not Atlanta, not Charlotte... Chicago

The Southern cities had some really awful history, but without much fanfare they have changed for the better.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:10 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
What is the "Chicago culture"?

Racism and rampant criminality?

Smothered in Polish sausage

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The original plan was to move out of state once the kids are in college.

That might change.

Fuck Illinois.

Same. Only three years away now from college. We've started scoping out land to build our "retirement home".

And Schaumburg is actually shrinking (really stagnating. They lost about 1,000 residents between 2000 and 2010.

http://www.ci.schaumburg.il.us/about/demographics.htm

If you are thinking down here you better get to it,running out of land and old places to tear down to build new stuff. Fucking rent is outrageous in Tampa itself, over on this side of the bay it is not that bad yet

Nobody cares.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Race to the bottom meaning states just doing away with taxes and giving welfare to large corporations to move there. In the end it won't be sustainable, and all of these states will face similar issues to what we are seeing in Illinois.

At least Buffalo and Detroit have all that stately old built-to-last architecture for people to rehabilitate. What are you gonna do with Charlotte and Las Vegas when they inevitably go to hell?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Curious Hair wrote:

Are you local? (No homo)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

At least Buffalo and Detroit have all that stately old built-to-last architecture for people to rehabilitate. What are you gonna do with Charlotte and Las Vegas when they inevitably go to hell?

Vegas might be screwed, but most US Southern cities have built diverse economies through multiple industries. They aren't 1 industry towns as Detroit, Buffalo, and Cleveland were. They'll be fine.

As for the taxes, we are seeing these cities able to function on less and with far less waste than we are seeing in Chicago/Illinois. It's possible to successfully run a city by charging residents lower taxes. It actually gives them more disposable income to grow your economy.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Are you local? (No homo)

A/S/L?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Once again, we have seen Chicago is the most segregated city in the entire country, not Birmingham, not Jackson, not Atlanta, not Charlotte... Chicago

The Southern cities had some really awful history, but without much fanfare they have changed for the better.
You're still being overdramatic. Chicago is not decaying. The list you cite has to do with large cities and many southern cities make that same list too. It's also not the most segregated in the entire country. If you lower the threshold for population it doesn't even make the top 10 and that isn't including small little towns either.

However, I don't even know what point you are trying to make with that. It's a problem that plagues our whole nation and it would be quite dumb to be arguing that race relations in Chicago are any worse than race relations in places that literally still fly the confederate flag with pride. Even then, the idea that you should leave Chicago because of race dynamics and instead go to the South is laughable.

That is why you are being overdramatic.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

enough with this argument. if i thought you gave a fuck, then ok, it would add to what you're saying, but let's be fucking real.....

i think a magical fairy turned Ogie into an SJW....

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm 

I just want to end up living in Colorado.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

You're still being overdramatic. Chicago is not decaying. The list you cite has to do with large cities and many southern cities make that same list too. It's also not the most segregated in the entire country. If you lower the threshold for population it doesn't even make the top 10 and that isn't including small little towns either.

However, I don't even know what point you are trying to make with that. It's a problem that plagues our whole nation and it would be quite dumb to be arguing that race relations in Chicago are any worse than race relations in places that literally still fly the confederate flag with pride. Even then, the idea that you should leave Chicago because of race dynamics and instead go to the South is laughable.

That is why you are being overdramatic.

I'm not saying it's the reason to leave Chicago, but those who defend Chicago try to then paint the Southern and Western cities that people leave for as hotbeds for racism and discrimination when their own city is best case, no better for racial relations than these growing southern cities, and quite possibly even worse than them in those regards. You can see why I think it's a bullshit argument to stain these growing southern metropolises as being racist.

That is why I bring it up. Chicagoans act like their city is one of racial harmony because they didn't have slaves 160 years ago. Guess what, most of the people populating these growing southern cities came from Northern cities so I'm guessing they aren't wannabe confederates either.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:27 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

enough with this argument. if i thought you gave a fuck, then ok, it would add to what you're saying, but let's be fucking real.....

i think a magical fairy turned Ogie into an SJW....

I answered this in replying to BRick, but it's more to point out that the Southern cities are not the hotbeds of racism that Chicagoans love to paint them as. They'll find plenty of that racism if they visit Dan Bernstein's gated community or Julie's school redistricting meetings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next