It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pardon My Take
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
as much of an ass as he is, if portnoy goes the whole company goes "sjw" (for the lack of a better word).

especially once you get your claws into espn or vice versa. then it changes barstool into something that wasn't what made it popular in the first place.

i did like that post and think he's just teasing at leaving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 am 

hnd wrote:
as much of an ass as he is, if portnoy goes the whole company goes "sjw" (for the lack of a better word).

especially once you get your claws into espn or vice versa. then it changes barstool into something that wasn't what made it popular in the first place.

What if they find another leader who is proud of calling a woman a "slut" because she made a tweet that the owner didn't like?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
who knows. i'm not interesting in playing holier than thou and pretending i've never spoke like they have in the past and that i feel horrible about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
hnd wrote:

What if they find another leader who is proud of calling a woman a "slut" because she made a tweet that the owner didn't like?

Well they do have a CEO who is over Dave in terms of the company hierarchy... and yes she is a woman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Quote:
“The comments about Sam Ponder were offensive and inappropriate, and we understand her reaction,” Burke Magnus, the executive vice president for programming and scheduling, said in an email to The Post. “She is a valued colleague and doing a great job for us. As stated previously, we do not control the content of Barstool Sports. We are doing a show with Big Cat and PFT, and we do have final say on the content of that show.”
Corporate hegemony FTW.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 am 

I doubt Portnoy will go anyways. He has an army of rabid followers who basically egg him on whenever he gets into a spat with someone. If you think Julie's posse pushes her to be more nuts, then you should see what Dave's army does for him. They are somewhat crazy. I mean these people encouraged him to handcuff himself to 3 other guys and have a sit-in at NFL league offices. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Barstool is a cesspool of terrible people. Hopefully they go out of business and Pardon My Take can be free of it.

Yet you listen ( Not as much as I do obviously) and are a fan of 670 , Dan Bernstein in particular .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Barstool is a cesspool of terrible people. Hopefully they go out of business and Pardon My Take can be free of it.

Yet you listen ( Not as much as I do obviously) and are a fan of 670 , Dan Bernstein in particular .
Why is Dan a terrible person?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:44 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

at least the people at barstool have hired female talent into managerial positions and on-air roles (other than reading stupid updates). Have the uber male feminists at 670 done either of those 2 things?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yup.

Though Big Cat was one of the early hires. He may have a piece of the company? Whatever the situation he's outgrown the place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

well let's take this fearmongering example (remember I'm a Jew as well)

Dan Bernstein's home, November 8th, 2016
son: Dad, are they going to round up the Jews?
Dan: I don't know son...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yup.

Though Big Cat was one of the early hires. He may have a piece of the company? Whatever the situation he's outgrown the place.

I know for a fact he has points in the company, not sure what his share is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If fearmongering makes you a bad person then most of the people on this board are bad people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:54 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If fearmongering makes you a bad person then most of the people on this board are bad people.

I'd say reckless fearmongering over a 50,000 kw transmitter is much more different than fearmongering on a niche message board.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'd say reckless fearmongering over a 50,000 kw transmitter is much more different than fearmongering on a niche message board.

You misspelled nice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm 

now Julie is having her predictable fit about Barstool getting an ESPN 2 show. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 pm 

Stool Pres has dug up some juicy old takes from Sam Ponder... Damn she looks bad trying to play all high and mighty vs. Barstool. They are burying her under some real awful takes. Yeah, best not to throw stones at Barstool for their bad jokes which didn't land well when you have plenty of your own on your Twitter timeline.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Stool Pres has dug up some juicy old takes from Sam Ponder... Damn she looks bad trying to play all high and mighty vs. Barstool. They are burying her under some real awful takes. Yeah, best not to throw stones at Barstool for their bad jokes which didn't land well when you have plenty of your own on your Twitter timeline.

Hey look. Barstool attacking more women!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

more like them defending themselves when she attacked them. If you're going to fling poo online, then expect it to be flung back.

Meanwhile they have a woman CEO and women in key on air roles... They do more for women in sports media than the white knights at 670.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

more like them defending themselves when she attacked them. If you're going to fling poo online, then expect it to be flung back.

Poor Sam Ponder. How will she recover from this attack?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
now Julie is having her predictable fit about Barstool getting an ESPN 2 show. :lol:

I caught a few minutes of Parkins today..he made it sound like he had bigcat on the show today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I caught a few minutes of Parkins today..he made it sound like he had bigcat on the show today.

I didn't listen, but I know Parkins and Zawaski are both fans of his. It has to drive Julie nuts. In fact I know it does as she complained about no support from her coworkers who were supposed to be "allies"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:50 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I didn't listen, but I know Parkins and Zawaski are both fans of his. It has to drive Julie nuts. In fact I know it does as she complained about no support from her coworkers who were supposed to be "allies"

So basically its 5th grade, I hate this boy so you should hate him too if you're my friend stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Someone want to link to the fireworks?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 pm 

I know nothing about Barstool outside of what Oogie posts but I searched Twitter and they're being criticized for a pumpkin pic.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 3490887680

Hopefully they take over the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
312player wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I Hope his wife doesn't find out about that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Thinking about it now..it was probably the ex bear Big cat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I know nothing about Barstool outside of what Oogie posts but I searched Twitter and they're being criticized for a pumpkin pic.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 3490887680

Hopefully they take over the world.

So Adam Best, founder of Fansided tried to fan the outrage machine (centering around this post). It didn't work so well when Barstool Nate dug up some old Fansided posts that were comparable. Adam tried to spin and say oh those violated their standards. After a dozen other articles were dug up, he spun saying "oh we posted bikini shots, so what."

That's when things got fun, Nate and his followers went on a search of Adam's twitter past and oh was it fun. It ended with 17,000 out of his 25,000 Twitter posts being deleted. He may have deleted tweets faster than Hillary deleted e-mails, but damn those screenshots are forever.

Here is the epic thread for those who are wondering. The tweets they dug up are far worse than anything Barstool has ever done. Mr. White Knight progressive feminist had numerous tweets calling rape victims ugly or starfuckers (his word, not mine)

https://twitter.com/BarstoolNate/status ... 6857065472

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am 

Barstool Van Talk lived up to the hype. Think of it as a late night comedy show for sports. The mix of bits and interviews worked out well and it was quite entertaining. If you missed it, it should be viewable on the ESPN app.

Larry V is also now a part owner of the Green Bay Packers :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am 

Poor Adam...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next