It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pardon My Take
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I know nothing about Barstool outside of what Oogie posts but I searched Twitter and they're being criticized for a pumpkin pic.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 3490887680

Hopefully they take over the world.

I have to think this woman is doing more damage to her cause than are people posting pics of a pumpkin that looks like that. It makes it hard to take people seriously when they make those sorts of claims.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Patriarchal rape culture?

From a pumpkin?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:

From a pumpkin?

I know... it's fucking hilarious seeing people get their panties in a wad over this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

From a pumpkin?

If you're going to attack Barstool for a fucking pumpkin post, then you better not have worse skeletons in your closet.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/fans ... -from-him/

Read the entire post above, it is the greatest single Twitter take down in the 10 year history of the site.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:48 am 

I mean if anything it's asking if you would get down with a horny gourd.

Funny seeing people use Jemele Hill to compare with this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I mean if anything it's asking if you would get down with a horny gourd.

Funny seeing people use Jemele Hill to compare with this.

Which is funny because she's friends with the PMT guys, has appeared on their podcast, and hung out with them in Vegas for the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

From a pumpkin?

If you're going to attack Barstool for a fucking pumpkin post, then you better not have worse skeletons in your closet.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/fans ... -from-him/

Read the entire post above, it is the greatest single Twitter take down in the 10 year history of the site.

This is the third time you posted this in 2 separate threads.

Ease up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
She's out of her gourd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:54 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I know nothing about Barstool outside of what Oogie posts but I searched Twitter and they're being criticized for a pumpkin pic.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 3490887680

Hopefully they take over the world.

So Adam Best, founder of Fansided tried to fan the outrage machine (centering around this post). It didn't work so well when Barstool Nate dug up some old Fansided posts that were comparable. Adam tried to spin and say oh those violated their standards. After a dozen other articles were dug up, he spun saying "oh we posted bikini shots, so what."

That's when things got fun, Nate and his followers went on a search of Adam's twitter past and oh was it fun. It ended with 17,000 out of his 25,000 Twitter posts being deleted. He may have deleted tweets faster than Hillary deleted e-mails, but damn those screenshots are forever.

Here is the epic thread for those who are wondering. The tweets they dug up are far worse than anything Barstool has ever done. Mr. White Knight progressive feminist had numerous tweets calling rape victims ugly or starfuckers (his word, not mine)

https://twitter.com/BarstoolNate/status ... 6857065472

I would get quite a chuckle out of seeing a couple local phonies/hypocrites get exposed like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Has that guy responded to any of this yet?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:22 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He deleted the 17k+ tweets and then went radio silent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:33 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He has an ocular migraine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So does Niko.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

:lol: I’ve heard that those can be debilitating leaving you with barely enough strength to tweet. I mean if you’re going to go the whole SJW man,white knight route how can you leave that stuff out there to be discovered?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 am 

https://deadspin.com/espn-wanted-barsto ... 1819664413

Deadspin wrote:
ESPN Wanted Barstool Sports, But Without The Stench

This week, ESPN premiered a new show on ESPN 2 called Barstool Van Talk, hosted by Barstool Sports personalities and Pardon My Take podcast co-hosts PFT Commenter and Dan Katz. According to sources familiar with the situation, ESPN originally did not want the Barstool Sports name and logo associated with the new show, but caved after Barstool president Dave Portnoy insisted on the branding.

Given that Barstool largely built its audience by publishing openly and aggressively misogynistic and otherwise offensive blog posts, and given that Portnoy remains a source of such content, it’s understandable that ESPN may have preferred to distance themselves from the brand, even as they crave its demographic reach. It’s also laughably predictable that ESPN would give in on this point, intent as they are to seem cool, or subversive, or whatever it is the dang kids are into these days. (ESPN declined to comment for this story.) It’s even less surprising that Portnoy, desperate to stay relevant as Barstool has begun to outgrow him, would be adamant about slapping the signature tag on his company’s biggest success. (Barstool CEO Erika Nardini didn’t respond to multiple email requests for comment from the company or Portnoy.)

Portnoy recently sold a majority stake of the company to the Chernin Group, and then watched as two of his own employees eclipsed him. Katz and PFT Commenter have one of the most popular podcasts in America, and now they have a show on a network that Portnoy used to mock. Meanwhile, Portnoy is stuck cranking out videos in which he eats pizza on the street and hosting a college football show on Facebook that is so poorly produced, one episode aired without audio. The college football show was cancelled after six episodes.

As Katz and PFT Commenter’s star rises, it’s increasingly obvious that the new money and exposure means there’s at least an implicit expectation for Barstool and Portnoy to be smarter with their shtick. That means he likely can’t call women “ugly dykes” as freely as he once would, or joke about how women who wear size-six jeans deserve to be raped, or continue to defend a now-deleted post titled “Could Serena Williams Rape You?” In fact—though it still has a long way to go—the Barstool culture has changed enough that, after speculating if Harvey Weinstein should be allowed to ask for sex from actresses in exchange for roles in movies, Portnoy was compelled to apologize. Still, Portnoy managed to lament about PC culture run amok in his apology post, and referenced the time he went on TV to defend a rape joke:

But at the same time it sucks to live in a world where you literally have to bite your tongue every two seconds because people want to stir up controversy out of nothing. But that is the world we live in and I know it. Sometimes I wish I could just throw on the purple pinny and go to war like the old days.

The so-called new days aren’t so different that Barstool would abandon its “Daily Smokeshow” photos of college women, but for the bros and former bros nostalgic for the good times when Barstool could yell with abandon about feminist Caller Bobs, today’s Barstool is a neutered husk of its old self. This has created some awkward moments for the company, such as a recent radio broadcast in which alt-right troll Anthime Gionet was chided for his anti-Semitic jokes by a Barstool employee who had previously defended his own right to make similarly offensive jokes in the “name of comedy.”

On Tuesday, ESPN host Sam Ponder, whose job Barstool had previously written is to “make men hard,” called out Barstool for their previous treatment of her. (She thought Dan Katz had written the post in question; it was actually written by Portnoy and John Feitelberg.)

On Wednesday, the day after the first episode of Barstool’s ESPN show aired, she expressed her disappointment in ESPN.

Though Ponder is the only ESPN employee to have publicly and forcefully expressed her concerns about ESPN entering into a partnership with Barstool, she is far from the only ESPN employee who has those concerns. Thoughts similar to Ponder’s have been expressed in conversations I’ve had with ESPN talent, and The Big Lead recently reported that ESPNW columnist Sarah Spain sent emails to ESPN executives laying out her reservations over a partnership with Barstool.

On Wednesday, Portnoy went on WEEI radio and praised his ESPN partners for their support of Barstool:

“To their credit, the executives at ESPN, they went out on a limb. I think they knew there would be backlash. I don’t think they knew the Sam Ponder controversy was going to erupt. But they were a network who said ‘We’re going to take some flak, but we think it’s worth it, because we stand behind the humor.’”

He also admitted Barstool had to be careful not to “jeopardize” the partnership:

“We want to stay true to who we are, but we don’t want to jeopardize this relationship. It’s an interesting relationship, to say the least.”

It’s a relationship that’s made even more fraught by ESPN’s failure to distance Barstool Van Talk from the Barstool brand. The network is betting that Katz and PFT Commenter—whose podcast is increasingly described as a silo within the Barstool organization by fans who would rather not reckon their enjoyment of it with the hosts’ relationship to Portnoy—can be different enough and funny enough to set the show apart from standard Barstool dreck. That’s wishful thinking, and such separation gets even harder when the show is wrapped in the Barstool name and logo.

I can't help but :roll: every time I see Sarah Spain doing something like this. She tried so hard to sell herself as a sex object/drunk party girl until she to got too old/put on too much weight to keep it up. Now she's a Sports Justice Warrior who wants to attack everyone she once tried to appeal to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am 

Maybe Sarah honestly believes she got hired for her pleasing to the ears voice and not that men will watch her because she has giant tits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm 

ESPN show cancelled. Barstool name is toxic and the dumb guy on Twitter screwed his company.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 pm 

:lol:

Whoops.

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ESPN show cancelled. Barstool name is toxic and the dumb guy on Twitter screwed his company.

Best thing that could've happened to Barstool, something of a Streisand effect. I assume the Barstool guys are free to take their show / concept and sell it to FS/Spike/whomever now; without the restrictions implied by being under the aegis of the mouse.

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Free publicity. So long as there are dudebros in the world, Barstool will always be a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Someone do a wellness check on Ogie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm 

Blog networks come and go. The next company will go after these two guys outright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
badrogue17 wrote:

Adam Best got wrecked so bad he's in the afterlife.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Someone do a wellness check on Ogie.

Ogies got a Tank Johnson level arsenal packed in his car, and he is on his way to Bristol to free us from this tyranny of John Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:37 pm 

This should make for an interesting appearance of Barstool Big Kat on W&S this week.

Is that on Thursday? I keep forgetting to tune in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:03 pm 

Bristol is full of burritos who are scared of Sarah Spain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ogie is officially on suicide watch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:05 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Ogie is officially on suicide watch.

nah, I'm still here, honestly this is going to add some fuel to Barstool's rivalry with them and will make for some very entertaining podcasts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Someone seems very triggered by this. Holy crap! It's a fucking tv show that was on once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next