It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pardon My Take
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Congrats to Big Cat and PFT for getting more daily listeners to a podcast than any single ESPN show.

http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outle ... sting.html

Post subject: Re: Pardon My Take
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
But do they move your soul? Do they have the talent to get a three year deal?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:01 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

I refuse to take in anything associated with Barstool. Maybe ESPN will steal them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

I refuse to take in anything associated with Barstool. Maybe ESPN will steal them.

Not likely, Big Cat has points in the company and giving that up would be kicking aside more money than ESPN could ever give him. Besides, these guys need to be uncensored, not working for the fucking mouse. Besides, they need to be on the outside of sports journalism in order to pull shit like PFT sneaking into Super Bowl Media Day or have the duo prank call into the NFL Rules Committee conference call.

Even if you don't like Barstool as a whole, give PMT a listen. It's a different kind of podcast than the usual Barstool product and is very much worth a listen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Not likely, Big Cat has points in the company and giving that up would be kicking aside more money than ESPN could ever give him. Besides, these guys need to be uncensored, not working for the fucking mouse. Besides, they need to be on the outside of sports journalism in order to pull shit like PFT sneaking into Super Bowl Media Day or have the duo prank call into the NFL Rules Committee conference call.

Even if you don't like Barstool as a whole, give PMT a listen. It's a different kind of podcast than the usual Barstool product and is very much worth a listen.

You only get to use "besides" once per post. I am sure CH will confirm this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

Not likely, Big Cat has points in the company and giving that up would be kicking aside more money than ESPN could ever give him. Besides, these guys need to be uncensored, not working for the fucking mouse.

I don't think you are correct. Barstool only got a $10-$15 million valuation when they sold 51% of the company. ESPN could pay him $10 to $15 million over a few years without even thinking twice about it. It's assumed he owns 5-10% of the company now after the sale. They would need to have massive growth to make it worth more than what ESPN could pay simply as an employee.

Barstool has done an impressive job of building something out of nothing but really they don't have a product that is built to last. Even you are basically like "These guys do a podcast but it is different!". That means the core business of barstool is extremely limited in terms of true huge earnings potential.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i read the article, are those "listeners" stats skewed? does that include people who have their podcasts download automatically? I'd have to imagine a good chunk of those never get around to actually listening.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:44 am 

billypootons wrote:
i read the article, are those "listeners" stats skewed? does that include people who have their podcasts download automatically? I'd have to imagine a good chunk of those never get around to actually listening.

My understanding is iTunes can track the number of plays a podcast gets, plus a lot of people listen via the Barstool App or their site.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

Not likely, Big Cat has points in the company and giving that up would be kicking aside more money than ESPN could ever give him. Besides, these guys need to be uncensored, not working for the fucking mouse.

I don't think you are correct. Barstool only got a $10-$15 million valuation when they sold 51% of the company. ESPN could pay him $10 to $15 million over a few years without even thinking twice about it. It's assumed he owns 5-10% of the company now after the sale. They would need to have massive growth to make it worth more than what ESPN could pay simply as an employee.

Barstool has done an impressive job of building something out of nothing but really they don't have a product that is built to last. Even you are basically like "These guys do a podcast but it is different!". That means the core business of barstool is extremely limited in terms of true huge earnings potential.

That value was 18 months ago and their listener base exploded (that sale was done even before Pardon My Take was a podcast)

Furthermore they launched Barstool Heartland since then, got an NFL punter to quit his job, and became mainstream since Chernin bought the majority share. I'd say the valuation since then is significantly higher as the last year has been Barstool's largest in terms of growth.

Even if ESPN could pay him what his share is worth, it is not a move they would make. Being under the watch of Disney Corp would be awful for what Big Cat and PFT do with their show. They need to be in a position where they can attack anyone and go anyplace without the oversight that comes with a large corporation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:01 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

That value was 18 months ago and their listener base exploded (that sale was done even before Pardon My Take was a podcast)

Furthermore they launched Barstool Heartland since then, got an NFL punter to quit his job, and became mainstream since Chernin bought the majority share. I'd say the valuation since then is significantly higher as the last year has been Barstool's largest in terms of growth.

Even if ESPN could pay him what his share is worth, it is not a move they would make. Being under the watch of Disney Corp would be awful for what Big Cat and PFT do with their show. They need to be in a position where they can attack anyone and go anyplace without the oversight that comes with a large corporation.
It's a blog network. Even if we assume they are worth $100 million, which would be 6.6 times what they sold 51% of the company for he still pockets $5 million to $10 million assuming he isn't getting diluted even further as time goes on. He could make that at ESPN in one or two years.

Things change fast especially with things as fragile as blog networks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

Do you think they are in this for the "love of fandom" or something? IF ESPN gives him a large sum of money, he's taking it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

Do you think they are in this for the "love of fandom" or something? IF ESPN gives him a large sum of money, he's taking it.

It's a matter of ESPN would put shackles on their type of humor and what they do. I think they would enjoy it at first and then find it to be suffocating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
billypootons wrote:

When giving podcast numbers, it's important to distinguish between "impressions" and "listens". Impressions can come from, as you said, downloading an episode from a feed automatically, but an "impression" is not necessarily a "listen".

Most services only track "listens" via embedded players, as in: they track impressions from iTunes, Stitcher, all that, but only track "listens" from an embedded player on your website. When someone gives figures out on a podcast, they are usually talking about impressions.

Still, though, three-quarters of a million impressions on any given episode is a roaring success, and can make you a lot of money. Now imagine 750K is a bad day for your podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Big Cat and PFT = good
Barstool = shit

It's a blog network. Even if we assume they are worth $100 million, which would be 6.6 times what they sold 51% of the company for he still pockets $5 million to $10 million assuming he isn't getting diluted even further as time goes on. He could make that at ESPN in one or two years.

Things change fast especially with things as fragile as blog networks.
Dr. Kensian.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ogie suspiciously silent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:

The government finally tracked him down . Sad.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
tommy did murder him earlier as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i like big cat, i don't like el presidente at all. the only redeeming thing about him is that in his pizza reviews he told all those idiots from iowa that Casey's pizza is slightly above average gas station pizza.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

busy with work, I'll chime in later with more.

From what I have read, PMT would still be done by Barstool but with ESPN possibly taping a weekly episode in addition to the 3 per week they do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am 

Official news is they will have a Tuesday show at midnights on ESPN2. It will still be Barstool produced and the late night hour means they pretty much can be themselves.

Best of both worlds with this deal. The podcast will remain as is, but Vanny Woodhead will get some more road time now. The show will be called "Barstool Van Talk." The fact that the Barstool brand remains in the name really drives home the fact this will still be a Barstool show.

I would just love to see Julie's meltdown over this. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Official news is they will have a Tuesday show at midnights on ESPN2. It will still be Barstool produced and the late night hour means they pretty much can be themselves.

Best of both worlds with this deal. The podcast will remain as is, but Vanny Woodhead will get some more road time now. The show will be called "Barstool Van Talk." The fact that the Barstool brand remains in the name really drives home the fact this will still be a Barstool show.

I'm shocked Julie hasn't gone after ESPN yet. It's pretty funny looking back at the Julie/BC fights on twitter years ago and seeing the different paths their careers took. Very happy for the PMT guys, they deserve it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'm shocked Julie hasn't gone after ESPN yet. It's pretty funny looking back at the Julie/BC fights on twitter years ago and seeing the different paths their careers took. Very happy for the PMT guys, they deserve it.

It's no surprise the PMT guys have seen their prospects take off. They are 3 people who have fun with what they are doing and love every minute of it. It has shown in the results. They have cultivated a fan base and actively engage with them.

Julie on the other hand is a miserable bitch who complains every step of the way and casts herself as the perpetual victim. It's hard to advance when you put yourself inside that box.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am 

From the leaked stills, Scott Van Pelt will be on tonight's show. Should be great as he and Big Cat always have decent banter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
From the leaked stills, Scott Van Pelt will be on tonight's show. Should be great as he and Big Cat always have decent banter.

Ya, on Friday's showed they revealed the first guest will be SVP.

They said for now the show will essentially be the the interview portion on their podcast. The interviews for Van show will be split between ESPN show (cleaner language) and then rest on the podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
big cat is the only person there i follow on twitter and apparently sam ponder got a little frustrated on twitter about them getting a show. pointing to portnoy blogging about how garbage she is and kats in some podcast making fun of her kid.

so that was fun to follow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am 

hnd wrote:
big cat is the only person there i follow on twitter and apparently sam ponder got a little frustrated on twitter about them getting a show. pointing to portnoy blogging about how garbage she is and kats in some podcast making fun of her kid.

so that was fun to follow.

she's being an idiot about it. She accused Dan of writing things that Portnoy (who I will admit is an ass) wrote. She doubled down on saying it was BigCat, was shown she was wrong, and then continued to complain when people called her out on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/s ... 9849873564

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 am 

Barstool is a cesspool of terrible people. Hopefully they go out of business and Pardon My Take can be free of it.