It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marian Hossa
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
There's a thread in the Hawks section discussing the actual health issues/cap relief

However let's have a thread to celebrate the greatest free agent signing of our lifetime.

3 Cups and mentoring a bunch of younger guys on how to play responsibly in all 3 zones.

Here is to you Hoss.

Post subject: Re: Marian Hossa
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hell of a career. Made the Hawks legitimate. They win zero without him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 am 

Definitely a hall of famer. His numbers got hurt during his prime due to it being the "dead puck era" and playing on some awful teams. Plus he lost a season and a half to lockouts.

#81 certainly gets hung on the rafters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hossa scored one of the greatest goals in franchise history when he all but put away Nashville in 2010. There was a Game 6, but it was a formality; Marian Hossa killed them fucking dead that day and it was glorious. If I had to rank my reactions to overtime goals, Kane's Cup-winner is obviously #1 with a bullet, and Seabrook's stake through the heart of the Red Wings is #2, but Hossa's goal is a close, close, close bronze medal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:14 am 

Agreed. The only other player that comes close is Carcillo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:15 am 

It can't be said enough, but while we remember the goals like the Nashville one CH mentioned, it was what he did away from the puck that made him special.

It's a fucking crime that he never got a Selke because he plays wing and the idiot voters turned it into a centerman's award.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I hope they allow him to coach.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Curious Hair wrote:
Hossa scored one of the greatest goals in franchise history when he all but put away Nashville in 2010. There was a Game 6, but it was a formality; Marian Hossa killed them fucking dead that day and it was glorious. If I had to rank my reactions to overtime goals, Kane's Cup-winner is obviously #1 with a bullet, and Seabrook's stake through the heart of the Red Wings is #2, but Hossa's goal is a close, close, close bronze medal.

I listened to that finish while sitting in my car in a Home Depot parking lot in the Wisconsin Dells waiting for buddies who were inside buying a screen door. I was supposed to be at that game but I sent my son instead so I could help them open up their place after the winter. No regrets -- my wife and my son still talk about how exciting it was and I am getting a chill now even thinking about it.

Last edited by a retard on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Agreed.

What sport does he play?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I was in absolute shock when the Hawks signed up. The 3 month wait until he could take the ice was brutal.

One of the best players of this generation. Used to be a dominant offensive player and then reinvented his game to be one of, if not the best, 2 way player for a number of seasons.

Sure fire HOF'er.

Ho Ho Ho Hooosssa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 am 

Three months? I thought it was less than that because if I recall, he showed up on the circus trip and wrecked the Sharks' shit, so that would be more like six or seven weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Three months? I thought it was less than that because if I recall, he showed up on the circus trip and wrecked the Sharks' shit, so that would be more like six or seven weeks.

Yeah, he did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am 

Sad to hear of his health issues, wish him well.

He was an absolute game changer, and the perfect compliment to Kane and Toews. Will miss him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He was in my Hawks top 3. Love him.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Also a future shoutout for when his treatments are successful and he's ready for the first game of the 2018 playoffs where his cap hit doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Hossa scored one of the greatest goals in franchise history when he all but put away Nashville in 2010.

Let's not forget it was Hossa who was in the penalty box when Kane scored the game-tying goal short handed (caveat: the goalie was pulled). I bring that up just to be an ahole. 81 rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Also a future shoutout for when his treatments are successful and he's ready for the first game of the 2018 playoffs where his cap hit doesn't matter.

I was thinking about that possibility. It *could* happen within the rules of the CBA, but I honestly think he's done.

The more I'm reading on this skin condition the more I think he's done. The meds that treat it have some serious side effects including lymphoma so his doctors want to limit the use of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hossa scored one of the greatest goals in franchise history when he all but put away Nashville in 2010.

Let's not forget it was Hossa who was in the penalty box when Kane scored the game-tying goal short handed (caveat: the goalie was pulled). I bring that up just to be an ahole. 81 rules.

Too bad he didn't wear 2 numbers up from 81.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'll bet an ex-producer screams that number during sex.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I was thinking about that possibility. It *could* happen within the rules of the CBA, but I honestly think he's done.

The more I'm reading on this skin condition the more I think he's done. The meds that treat it have some serious side effects including lymphoma so his doctors want to limit the use of it.

Yeah, that doesn't sound fun. I have food allergies which limit me, but that pales in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'll bet an ex-producer screams that number during sex.

Are we talking about one that might be in the great state of Missouri?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
It's an absolute shame. Hossa is an exceptional talent with and without the puck. Certainly one of the best two-way players in the game. You've never heard a bad thing about him in the press or from the guys in the room. You can tell he truly cared. One of my favorite Hossa moments is the first time I saw him tee up a slapshot from the hash marks in a shootout and roofed it. Goalie had to have shit his shorts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

Given how Seabrook got fat, Sharp cuckolded his way out of town, Kane had to defend himself of rape allegations, and Toews turned into the last seconds of "The Next Episode," it's gotta be between Keith or Hossa as the most universally beloved Blackhawk. lol at the out-of-town Caller Bobs who are mad that we're not getting hit with cap recapture. I'm sorry that losing a Hall of Famer who still plays at a high level wasn't enough of a setback for a team that's already in decline anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Given how Seabrook got fat, Sharp cuckolded his way out of town, Kane had to defend himself of rape allegations, and Toews turned into the last seconds of "The Next Episode," it's gotta be between Keith or Hossa as the most universally beloved Blackhawk. lol at the out-of-town Caller Bobs who are mad that we're not getting hit with cap recapture. I'm sorry that losing a Hall of Famer who still plays at a high level wasn't enough of a setback for a team that's already in decline anyway.

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of conspiracy theorists out there on this . Dude had the 3rd most goals on the team last year but the Blackhawks are gaming the system by losing him for a year and probably for good :roll:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Duncan Keith is 100% the most universally beloved Hawk.

He clinched it with "Wakey Wakey Backes".

Though he was already my favorite after chicken winging one of the Sedin weirdos and slashing that cocaine vacuum Jeff Carter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:39 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of conspiracy theorists out there on this . Dude had the 3rd most goals on the team last year but the Blackhawks are gaming the system by losing him for a year and probably for good :roll:

The Coyotes game the system by not disqualifying Pavel Datsyuk for failing to report and it's a brilliant move. teehee Moneypuck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:54 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
lol at the out-of-town Caller Bobs who are mad that we're not getting hit with cap recapture. I'm sorry that losing a Hall of Famer who still plays at a high level wasn't enough of a setback for a team that's already in decline anyway.

I suspect that the coincidence that he's decided it's not healthy to continue playing at the same time his salary drops to $1M has a lot of out of town fans saying "hmmm."

I think it's coincidence, but I also think that Hossa may believe this is also the best way to help the organization win their next Cup while simultaneously making his own life easier and healthier..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:01 pm 

Penguin fans should be euthanized.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:04 pm 

Almost every commenter on this article should be euthanized. Especially the guy who claims to be a medical student, who doesn't understand why he can't just change medications or change equipment?

https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-hossa-s ... soc_trk=tw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:08 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Almost every commenter on this article should be euthanized. Especially the guy who claims to be a medical student, who doesn't understand why he can't just change medications or change equipment?

https://sports.yahoo.com/marian-hossa-s ... soc_trk=tw

Puck Daddy is the national equivalent of whatever Fels does. No real hockey fan pays attention to those twats.

Fucking Lambert thinks Bruce Boudreau is the best coach in hockey :lol: What a burrito