It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MST3K Live!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 am 

Went yesterday to the Vic for the 5:00p early show. They did "Eegah!" which is one of their classic episodes, but the new riffing was outstanding. Jonah and the 'bots have really come into their own. The whole atmosphere was very energetic and enthusiastic. Joel as the "host", taking some Q&A, was really nice. he was really pushing a merch item of a mug that contains "snakes" and i guess they were signed by him. sold out pretty quickly after that presentation, and i didn't get in quick enough. they'll probably sell on ebay for a fair (not) price.

i didn't see the second show, the "super secret film"...and i guess the fanbase is loyal because i can't find anyone anywhere divulging what the secret movie was.

anyhow, great time. went to cheesie's afterward for dinner. good eats too.

Post subject: Re: MST3K Live!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i've made my way through the new season on Netflix and have to say was impressed with the riffing by Jonah and the bots, and the whole vibe of the show. i wasn't too keen on the mads at first but even they started to grow on me by the end. I really enjoyed it and hope that they make another season. a couple of the episodes were really really funny, up there with some of my favorites from earlier seasons.