It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trump Tower Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
During last month's visit, I was heading in from Ohare and saw some cool looking building in the skyline. I never had seen it before or I didn't remember it.

While in Downtown, found out it was the Trump Tower. Man that is a beautiful piece of work. I asked people how they liked it and pretty much everyone said people liked it until TRUMP put his name on the building. I thought it did take away from the building since it made it political. But what a fine addition to downtown and the skyline.

btw....the wrigley and tribune buildings are starting to look like real shit. I don't know what they can do about it. It's great architecture but the color of those buildings are looking somewhere between piss and shit.

Post subject: Re: Trump Tower Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If they powerwash the Wrigley Bldg it'll destroy the white terra cotta façade, so it has to be done by hand. And with the construction at 401 N I doubt they want to keep washing these buildings every week, they'll probably start looking better once the apple store is done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Alright. You can just give one Shoutout to "Downtown Chicago" or simply "Chicago" and include all of your pointless anecdotes in that single thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I rented out a suite for an anniversary one year long before Trump was on the national political scene. The suite was simply amazing. It is a great hotel despite the name.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
During last month's visit, I was heading in from Ohare and saw some cool looking building in the skyline. I never had seen it before or I didn't remember it.

While in Downtown, found out it was the Trump Tower. Man that is a beautiful piece of work. I asked people how they liked it and pretty much everyone said people liked it until TRUMP put his name on the building. I thought it did take away from the building since it made it political. But what a fine addition to downtown and the skyline.

btw....the wrigley and tribune buildings are starting to look like real shit. I don't know what they can do about it. It's great architecture but the color of those buildings are looking somewhere between piss and shit.

He put his name on it well before any run at president. That weasel received all sorts of entitlements to construct his building, including having the street named for him, then, after everything was finished, he garishly splashed his name along the waterway even though he had what the city thought was an understanding not to. The City asked him not to pollute the scape with it but unfortunately hadn't formalized its understanding so Trump did what Trump does and bullied his way to having the signage. That was enough to hate Trump for before he ever decided he was worthy of the presidency. He is a douche who has left a very long line of douchey business decisions in his wake over a career. It is unsurprising what he has turned out to be as an executive.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
On our first visit back to Chicago earlier this summer we took the architectural river cruise from Navy Pier. It was very nice but the Trump sign did stand out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:40 am 

denisdman wrote:
I rented out a suite for an anniversary one year long before Trump was on the national political scene. The suite was simply amazing. It is a great hotel despite the name.

I had a romantic evening on the skydeck bar. Great view.

The condos sales of the building were one big and typical Trump scheme that ended in lawsuits and general unhappiness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The condos sales of the building were one big and typical Trump scheme that ended in lawsuits and general unhappiness.

I don't have any specific knowledge of his unethical business dealings, but there was certainly a lot of noise in the WSJ about his practices. A whole lot of not good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 am 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I don't have any specific knowledge of his unethical business dealings, but there was certainly a lot of noise in the WSJ about his practices. A whole lot of not good.

You could limit it to just the lawsuits from the Chicago condo sales to have enough fodder to discredit his business practices.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 am 

I would believe any allegation and even suspend my almost limitless faith in due process. He seems to be the highest level of scum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Looked st staying there a couple years back but couldn't get over my revulsion to the mans business practices from an article I read years ago about him. Oh well, I'm sure it's a great hotel, the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
It is such a beautiful building...name and all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
a good friend of mine is the top guy at the hotel, not sure if that's called CEO or CFO or something else, but he's Trumps #1 guy. He also is in charge of overseeing the construction of all of his new hotels. Spent a lot of time in Panama and then Vancouver recently opening up hotels there.

I had my wedding at the Trump 4 years ago. My buddy hooked me up, paid the base price and then he threw in every conceivable upgrade they had for free. It was an amazing wedding, easily the best food I've ever had at a wedding.

The hotel is really nice, love the outdoor terrace on the 16th floor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
a good friend of mine is the top guy at the hotel, not sure if that's called CEO or CFO or something else, but he's Trumps #1 guy. He also is in charge of overseeing the construction of all of his new hotels. Spent a lot of time in Panama and then Vancouver recently opening up hotels there.

I had my wedding at the Trump 4 years ago. My buddy hooked me up, paid the base price and then he threw in every conceivable upgrade they had for free. It was an amazing wedding, easily the best food I've ever had at a wedding.

Really???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

Really???

10/19/13 or so I've been reminded.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

Really???

At Trump Tower?

I think that is news to all of us

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:08 pm 

Like I said earlier it is a great hotel. Yeah, now MANY hate it because of politics. It doesn't change the fact that it is a great place to entertain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
A couple Saturdays ago, we were having an event down at Lake Bluff Beach. As the sun was setting, I glanced down to the city skyline...the sun was glinting off the top of a mirrored building like a giant golden candle...as the sun fell in the sky, the entire building appeared to be on fire. It was such a beautiful sight...coupled with the likelihood that it was Trump Tower, it was even more fantastic! I pointed out to MANY that were there that it appeared Trump Tower was engulfed in flames and burning to the ground.

...sigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

Really???

At Trump Tower?

I think that is news to all of us

I've mentioned it before and talked about how my buddy runs the place. I'm a big name dropper.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Wife and I did the riverwalk a few weeks ago. One thing that struck us was all the vacancies at Trump Tower river walk area, as compared to everywhere else.

Image Image