100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Maverick!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post subject: Re: John McCain
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 am 

The upcoming Trump meltdown should be fun.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:53 am 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:

Can he really insult him more than he has?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 am 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Can he really insult him more than he has?

Don't underestimate him.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 am 

Really worried until he hugged Diane Feinstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Really worried until he hugged Diane Feinstein

It's all about his legacy now. Sticking it to the president was just the cherry on top. This was very important to me too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 am 

Quote:
Frank Thorp V@frankthorp
McCain leaving the Capitol asked why he voted NO: "I thought it was the right thing to do."

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 am 

Great American. One of the few willing to stand by his convictions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You are right very few indeed. I wonder what it will take to break the cycle? Seems to me like we have been in it since 2000.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Really? Ask his crewmates what they thought of him when days after a tragic ship fire,he left for some R&R instead of staying with his ship.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200 ... edy_at_sea

McCain’s actions after the fire show a determination to exit the ship as quickly as possible. When New York Times reporter Apple finished gathering his notes on the fire, McCain boarded a helicopter with him and flew to Saigon. Given that fires still burned on the ship and some of his fellow airmen were gravely wounded and dying, McCain’s assertion that he left the carrier for “some welcome R&R” in Saigon has a surreal air. Apple, now dead, said nothing in his news reports about inviting McCain to leave the ship, although he did report talking to him in Saigon later that day. McCain does not mention receiving permission to leave the still-burning ship. Merv Rowland, a commander and chief engineering officer of the Forrestal at the time of the fire, told me that he had not known that McCain left the ship within 30 hours of the fire and that he found this “extraordinary.” Rowland added that only the severely wounded were allowed to leave the ship and that no one, as far as he knew, would have been given permission to fly to Saigon for R&R. McCain’s quick flight off the Forrestal meant that he missed the memorial service for his dead comrades held the following day in the South China Sea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Really? Ask his crewmates what they thought of him when days after a tragic ship fire,he left for some R&R instead of staying with his ship.

McCain’s actions after the fire show a determination to exit the ship as quickly as possible. When New York Times reporter Apple finished gathering his notes on the fire, McCain boarded a helicopter with him and flew to Saigon. Given that fires still burned on the ship and some of his fellow airmen were gravely wounded and dying, McCain’s assertion that he left the carrier for “some welcome R&R” in Saigon has a surreal air. Apple, now dead, said nothing in his news reports about inviting McCain to leave the ship, although he did report talking to him in Saigon later that day. McCain does not mention receiving permission to leave the still-burning ship. Merv Rowland, a commander and chief engineering officer of the Forrestal at the time of the fire, told me that he had not known that McCain left the ship within 30 hours of the fire and that he found this “extraordinary.” Rowland added that only the severely wounded were allowed to leave the ship and that no one, as far as he knew, would have been given permission to fly to Saigon for R&R. McCain’s quick flight off the Forrestal meant that he missed the memorial service for his dead comrades held the following day in the South China Sea.
I kept waiting for the big reveal there and it never came.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
No reveal? He comes off as a privileged DB. Also,I can never forgive him for introducing the world to Sarah Palin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:06 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
No reveal? He comes off as a privileged DB. Also,I can never forgive him for introducing the world to Sarah Palin.

He was almost killed. I'm not judging him if he got off the ship a day early.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It is funny seeing MANY reverse their position on McCain within the last 3 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It is funny seeing MANY reverse their position on McCain within the last 3 days.

Over the years MANY have loved McCain when it suited their needs.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yup.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
So great that John McCain is coming back to vote. Brave - American hero! Thank you John.
5:44 AM - Jul 25, 2017

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yup.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
So great that John McCain is coming back to vote. Brave - American hero! Thank you John.
5:44 AM - Jul 25, 2017

I'm sure Pittmike wasn't quite thinking of this when he made his post though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Yeah. He's always been an interesting study. Democrats got mad at him for having Republican ideas and Republicans got mad at him when he didn't fall in line. I wonder if some of the people who said bad things about McCain on here in the past few weeks will be here to say he did a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Yeah. He's always been an interesting study. Democrats got mad at him for having Republican ideas and Republicans got mad at him when he didn't fall in line. I wonder if some of the people who said bad things about McCain on here in the past few weeks will be here to say he did a good job.

It has gone on for a long time. McCain was sometimes viewed as a fair guy working with folks and doing the right things by the left. They he ran for president and picked Palin and he was the enemy of all mankind. Then he gets back into the good side of the ledger and out and in and out. I guess it means he is ok if both sides can be angry with him at times.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I have a lot of mixed feelings about his vote. It probably was the right vote, but I can't help but think that he's known he'd vote this way the whole time. This really stinks of being more about McCain's stealing the spotlight for himself. If McCain was truly interested in "doing the right thing" this wouldn't have been as much of a surprise as it was.

The entire GOP wasted 6 months of work time going nowhere. They did a nice job pissing all over themselves....should be interesting to see how this plays out in upcoming elections.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
I have a lot of mixed feelings about his vote. It probably was the right vote, but I can't help but think that he's known he'd vote this way the whole time. This really stinks of being more about McCain's stealing the spotlight for himself. If McCain was truly interested in "doing the right thing" this wouldn't have been as much of a surprise as it was.

The entire GOP wasted 6 months of work time going nowhere. They did a nice job pissing all over themselves....should be interesting to see how this plays out in upcoming elections.

I think it was more about embarrassing the President who deserves it.

It also did give some cover to some of the Republicans who were in the unfortunate situation of basically voting "no" and being sure they weren't getting reelected.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
jimmypasta wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Then you can ask his prisonmates when he was a POW. They kept trying to release him because of who his daddy was and he wouldn't go because others had been in for longer than him and it wasn't his turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
He's a traitor to the party. I think there are a lot of people hoping he will finally retire from the Senate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Meanwhile while these politicians congratulate each other "on doing the right thing" we Americans are left with a shit health care system.

Great job you worthless fucks on both sides of the aisle.

Do your god damn jobs and reform the system.

The only way to reform politics is to implement term limits but I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

These fucks enter congress well off and leave rich and do nothing but get re-elected.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
He's a traitor to the party. I think there are a lot of people hoping he will finally retire from the Senate.

Good thing America is more important.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am 

'77Cubs wrote:
Meanwhile while these politicians congratulate each other "on doing the right thing" we Americans are left with a shit health care system.

Great job you worthless fucks on both sides of the aisle.

Do your god damn jobs and reform the system.

The only way to reform politics is to implement term limits but I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

These fucks enter congress well off and leave rich and do nothing but get re-elected.

The only thing more sad than your statement were people believing politicians would get this perfect in the first place. By that I mean not only now or 2008 but even with Clinton's try. Term limits might be nice but I tell you the key to this one solution is severely changing health insurance altogether, drug patents and lawyers.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:

Les Grobstein wrote:
R&R, of course, absolutely ... Rock 'n' Roll ... R&R ... or Rest and, uhm .... Records. And by Records I mean the old discs that they used to play on the turntables. 45s, 33s ... did you ever see 78s? ..... They're bigger, but they go 78 Rings ... RPS ... Rings Per Second.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I've always been a McCain guy, and he should have been President. Would have been one of the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:54 am 

IMU wrote:
I've always been a McCain guy, and he should have been President. Would have been one of the best.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He should have been the nominee in 2000, but the slimy GOP fucked him over down south.