It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 XRT Flashback
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Del Amitri, Ignatius Pop, Peter Murphy, Gene loves Jezebel, Black Crowes . Great stuff so far

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post subject: Re: 1990 XRT Flashback
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:41 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
John Darnielle namedropped Gene Loves Jezebel on the closer of the new Mountain Goats album! That's how I know of them. "Always the Last to Know" is a way better Del Amitri song than "Kiss This Thing Goodbye," though. And the Black Crowes suck. They suck so bad. I never need to hear "Jealous Again" as long as I live.

I noticed the year-specific production bits (news, deaths) are back. This is the first week I've listened in about a month but they seemed to be gone after Wendy left.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:16 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
John Darnielle namedropped Gene Loves Jezebel on the closer of the new Mountain Goats album! That's how I know of them. "Always the Last to Know" is a way better Del Amitri song than "Kiss This Thing Goodbye," though. And the Black Crowes suck. They suck so bad. I never need to hear "Jealous Again" as long as I live.

I noticed the year-specific production bits (news, deaths) are back. This is the first week I've listened in about a month but they seemed to be gone after Wendy left.

The Black Crowes are great but yeah that's not a good song

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:

I get all my leads on new music from . . . this board.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Saw the Crowes the last time they toured. Great show. Agree with CH on "Always the last to know".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:05 pm 

They played Twice as Hard on flashback. Im not a big Crowes fan at all but thats a good song.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
They played Twice as Hard on flashback. Im not a big Crowes fan at all but thats a good song.

I must have missed it or not minded it because I didn't ptfb (or rather close the fucking browser tab, I'm on ze road) like I do whenever I hear "Hard to Handle" or "Jealous Again." Just don't get that band.

I do not understand why they dropped the fourth hour of the show. However, they did put the show on the station's usual clock (two long-ass stop sets per hour) instead of its own clock which was about as spot-heavy as weekday morning drive, so it's possible they fit as many songs in three hours as they did in four. Just seems like tinkering for the sake of tinkering to me. I think they're trying to kill Local Anesthetic too, a show where I sometimes find a ton of cool new music but also sometimes find interviews that are like

"sooo are you going for kind of a Television circa Marquee Moon post-punk sound here or more of a Gang of Four circa Entertainment post-punk sound?"
"duuuuuhhhh iunno"