It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
https://sports.yahoo.com/documents-ezek ... 34705.html

Dumb Caller Bob was thinking about blackmailing Zeke. Can't believe a word she says now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
SpiralStairs wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/documents-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser-admitted-talk-leveraging-sex-videos-rb-money-120034705.html

Dumb Caller Bob was thinking about blackmailing Zeke. Can't believe a word she says now.

So you are saying she deserved it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/documents-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser-admitted-talk-leveraging-sex-videos-rb-money-120034705.html

The exchange is contained in the 160-page report prepared by NFL investigators into allegations that Elliott committed multiple acts of violence against ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

He may have feared for his own safety. Also, prove he did it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

He may have feared for his own safety. Also, prove he did it.

If you are not a lawyer, you should be one. Or work for Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 am 

Probably her plan all along. Force him to beat her to get a big payday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Probably her plan all along. Force him to beat her to get a big payday.

According to Spiral, she forced him to protect himself to get her a big payday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Should probably look at her Mom possibly fabricating her bruises

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I have a feeling a Cowboys-NFL court case similar to Patriots(Brady)-NFL is coming.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: T.J. Donlin's
SpiralStairs wrote:
He may have feared for his own safety.

With lyin' ass bitches like these around I fear for all safeties, as well as all running backs, linebackers, and especially quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:22 am 

pittmike wrote:
I have a feeling a Cowboys-NFL court case similar to Patriots(Brady)-NFL is coming.

Will the NFL win decisively here too?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

Maybe, but only to postpone the inevitable. Brady lost and served his suspension. There is case law for this now. He will be suspended eventually. When and How many games are the only remaining questions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:08 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Should probably look at her Mom possibly fabricating her bruises

This posibility is going to be ignored by the SJW vitrue signalers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They should tack on an extra 2 weeks for that gay ass full beard fade to full hair look.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maybe, but only to postpone the inevitable. Brady lost and served his suspension. There is case law for this now. He will be suspended eventually. When and How many games are the only remaining questions.

That may be true, but they also set the standard of "credible evidence" per their own policy. Given all of this:

Quote:
[Thompson]: What if I sold mine and Ezekiel’s sex videos

[Friend]: We’d all be millionaires

[Friend]: We could black mail him w that

[Thompson]: I want to bro

[Friend]: Let’s do it

[Thompson]: Scared

[Friend]: Shit

[Friend]: Id be like look give me 10k or I’ll just sell our sex videos for the same amount flat

[Friend]: Me and my friends tryna go on vacation and get boob jobs

(the report notes a pair of blank texts)

[Thompson]: 10k Bitch I want 20k

[Thompson]: Go big or go home

[Friend]: That’s fine too

[Friend]: Like what

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl ... 69572.html

Quote:
Elliott’s appeal game plan includes highlighting Thompson’s already chronicled text messages encouraging a friend to lie to police about an alleged domestic assault on July 22, misleading testimony to NFL lead investigator Lisa Friel, and repeated threats to ruin his career after breaking off the relationship, per documents obtained by the Star-Telegram.

Among the quoted threats:

▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man. B----, keep (messing) with the wrong, b----.”

▪ After not being allowed into the after party, Thompson was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.

▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” that Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to believe you.”

Per the documents, Friel was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.

The above threats were made on July 21 and the early morning of July 22, the date Thompson called police accusing Elliott of assaulting her while they were in a parked vehicle.

...I'd like to know what exactly satisfies "credible evidence" from this person, especially when the league's own investigator couldn't endorse the accuser's credibility because she misled the investigation multiple times. If there's an evidentiary standard laid out, it must be adhered to, regardless of who exactly is making the decision. Private schools are starting to run into this with their own Title IX kangaroo courts: Their own policy lays out a standard, and when they abandon it thinking "we're a private school we can do whatever we want" they lose in court.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Victim blamer!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:35 pm 

Just an FYI: The guy who handled the Greg Hardy appeal is handing this one. Went from 10 game ban to 4 games.

Also from a poster on another board:

One possible very-optimistic explanation.
NFL knows it has to do something big on DV because of pressure from women groups.
They chose a case to throw the hammer down that they know they will lose on.

They say all the inflammatory things and get lots of press interest.
Women groups are happy.
However, they lose in court etc, but they tried.

They tarnished Cowboys and Zeke, but they then have an excuse to get out of the DV business.
They should have stuck to cases where the courts have ruled on and not handled their own investigations.
That genie is out of the bottle and it would take a major disaster failure to stuff it back in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Cashman, that's an interesting little theory, but I don't buy it. Look, I don't think anyone trusts the NFL or its motives. But from everything I have read, it appears that they had outside experts and a did a thorough investigation. We aren't privy to all the details, so we can only speculate.

They had to do something to address what was a lot of bad PR. They need to set a baseline for punishments, and the process that those punishments are derived from. It used to be that they'd sweep this stuff under the rug. That won't fly anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Cashman, that's an interesting little theory, but I don't buy it. Look, I don't think anyone trusts the NFL or its motives. But from everything I have read, it appears that they had outside experts and a did a thorough investigation. We aren't privy to all the details, so we can only speculate.

They had to do something to address what was a lot of bad PR. They need to set a baseline for punishments, and the process that those punishments are derived from. It used to be that they'd sweep this stuff under the rug. That won't fly anymore.

My initial thought when hearing this was, he is 100% guilty. But after this black mailing stuff....Not so sure. Think this will get reduced to 1-2 games, imo. Unless Jerry goes to war with the NFL which is a possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:56 pm 

Well I was wrong about the Kane stuff, so I am pretty bad at guessing. But reviewing the stuff that is out there publicly, including a long Washington Post article (I think it was them in my DH) about the process, I felt the NFL handled it properly. They are under tremendous pressure from both sides. But like most of you, I don't have a lot of faith in Goodell & Co.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm 

denisdman wrote:

All the more reason to get out of this practice altogether. Let the legal process handle it like every other citizen. No arrest, no charge, no conviction then no suspension. Once a player is charged they can do what the cops do and put them on admin leave until resolved. Once convicted have a standard suspension that fits the crime.

I honestly do not know how the pro teams got into this predicament of meting out legal punishment.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:37 pm 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

All the more reason to get out of this practice altogether. Let the legal process handle it like every other citizen. No arrest, no charge, no conviction then no suspension. Once a player is charged they can do what the cops do and put them on admin leave until resolved. Once convicted have a standard suspension that fits the crime.

I honestly do not know how the pro teams got into this predicament of meting out legal punishment.

That Jovan Belcher thing wasn't "on brand" for the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:00 pm 

Here the Post article that was reprinted in the DH:

Inside look at investigation that led to harsh punishment

Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys’ star running back, was suspended for six games by the NFL on Friday after a lengthy investigation. (Associated Press)

By Mark Maske (The Washington Post)

Three years after coming under intense scrutiny and withering criticism for its handling of domestic violence cases involving several prominent players, the NFL handed out one of its harshest penalties to one of its biggest on-field standouts Friday.

The league suspended Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott for the first six games of the regular season without pay for a pair of incidents involving women.

The penalty was imposed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after a lengthy process in which league investigators interviewed Elliott’s former girlfriend multiple times, according to a person familiar with the case, and in which Goodell received input from four outside advisers.

The NFL interviewed more than a dozen witnesses, according to the person familiar with the case. It contacted others who were unwilling to cooperate. League investigators studied thousands of text messages, more than were available to Columbus, Ohio, law enforcement officials who first investigated the claims by Elliott’s former girlfriend of a violent incident during the summer of 2016. The league also relied on material made available online by authorities in Columbus and had experts analyze pictures to determine when they were taken.

“The conclusions were not based on he said, she said,” the person with knowledge of the investigation said. “It was an analysis of the evidence.”

Elliott was accused of what the NFL’s letter about the disciplinary measures called “multiple instances of physical violence” against his then-girlfriend in July 2016 in Columbus. Elliott was not arrested or charged with a crime.

The lead attorney in Columbus who evaluated the allegations, Robert Tobias, told USA Today last October he believed that “there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and (his accuser) where violence occurred. However, given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened.”

According to a copy of the letter from B. Todd Jones, the NFL’s chief disciplinary officer, to Elliott, obtained by The Washington Post, the league’s punishment also covers an incident from earlier this year. While watching a St. Patrick’s Day parade in March in Dallas, Elliott “pulled down the shirt of a young woman, exposing and touching her breast,” the NFL’s letter said. “This incident was captured on video and posted on social media. Again, no arrest was made nor was a complaint filed by the young woman.”

No other incidents involving Elliott, including recent allegations about his involvement in a scuffle in a Dallas bar, factored into his punishment, according to the person with knowledge of the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic.

“It didn’t factor into aggravating circumstances,” the person said. “It didn’t have any impact on discipline.”

The person also dismissed public speculation this week by former NFL player Cris Carter that Elliott’s punishment would be based in part on a lack of cooperation with league investigators.

“The issue of cooperation or lack thereof was not considered,” the person said, and added: “We did not consider anything outside of what happened last July and St. Patrick’s Day. What he did there is a violation of our policy.”

The six-game suspension represents the baseline penalty for a domestic violence offense under the terms of the sport’s revised personal conduct policy. That policy was ratified in December 2014 on the heels of that year’s controversies over cases involving Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson and Greg Hardy. Elliott is not the first player to receive a six-game suspension under the revised policy, but he is, by far, the highest-profile player to be given such a punishment since the policy was reworked.

Elliott, the NFL’s leading rusher last season as a rookie and a key piece of a Cowboys team with grand designs of reaching the Super Bowl this season, can appeal the penalty. The appeal would be heard and resolved by Goodell or a person appointed by him, under the league’s disciplinary procedures.

A written statement released by Elliott’s representatives to media outlets suggested that Elliott will appeal, saying: “During the upcoming weeks and through the appeal a slew of additional credible and controverting evidence will come to light.”

The statement called Elliott and his representatives “extremely disappointed with the NFL’s decision,” and added: “The NFL’s findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it ‘cherry picks’ so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence.”

According to the statement, prosecutors in Columbus and NFL investigators concluded that Elliott’s accuser was lying about one allegation of Elliott pulling her from a car and assaulting her. The statement also said that NFL medical experts concluded “many of her injuries predated the week in question.”

Elliott would lose just under $559,193 if the suspension stands, or six-seventeenths of his 2017 salary of a little more than $1.584 million.

“With respect to discipline for violations that involve physical force against a woman in the context of an intimate relationship, the (personal conduct) Policy is clear — a first violation subjects the violator to a baseline suspension without pay of six games, with consideration given to any aggravating or mitigating factors,” the NFL said in its letter to Elliott.

“After reviewing the record, and having considered the advice of the independent advisers on this point, the Commissioner has determined that the evidence does not support finding either mitigating or aggravating factors.”

Elliott’s former girlfriend involved in the domestic violence allegations spoke to the NFL’s investigators “multiple times,” according to the person familiar with the process, saying that a number of interviews were “in person.”

The person characterized the league’s investigation as exhaustive, stressing that private organizations can impose their own standards of conduct upon employees beyond what is done or not done by law enforcement entities. The NFL stressed when it enacted its revised personal conduct policy in 2014 that it would conduct its own investigations of cases.

Goodell did not participate formally in the June 26 meeting in New York, previously revealed by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, in which Elliott and his representatives met with league officials. That meeting was overseen by Todd Jones, formerly the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives before becoming the NFL’s chief disciplinary officer.

The league’s four outside advisers in the case also attended. They were identified in the league’s letter to Elliott as Peter Harvey, the former attorney general of New Jersey; former NFL safety Ken Houston, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame; Tonya Lovelace, the chief executive officer of Women of Color Network, Inc; and Mary Jo White, a former federal prosecutor and former chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Goodell made the disciplinary ruling in the Elliott case after consulting individually with each of the advisers. The advisers had a consensus opinion but did not make a formal recommendation to Goodell as a group, according to the person with knowledge of the investigation, who added that the league had learned from its missteps in the Rice case in 2014. The league also was criticized for its handling of a case last year involving New York Giants place-kicker Josh Brown, in which he earned a one-game suspension after the league became aware of accusations by his former wife that he’d been physically violent toward her.

“We’ve made significant progress in having the right people in the room. That didn’t happen in the Ray Rice case,” the person said, adding of the length of the Elliott investigation: “We felt very strongly it was important to get this right and be thorough and exhaustive.”

The length of the process, the person said, also stemmed in part from a wait from December until May for Elliott and his representatives to supply certain information and materials.

The league’s letter also said: “Each of these incidents involved allegations of conduct that is expressly prohibited by the League’s Personal Conduct Policy, including ‘[a]ctual or threatened physical violence against another person.’ Even when a player is not charged with a crime, ‘he may still be found to have violated the policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy.’

“As the Policy states, ‘[I]t is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.’”

Jerry Jones previously had said he did not believe that Elliott’s case merited a suspension. He was said by some within the league to be extremely upset by the ruling.

The NFL Players Association said in a written statement: “We are reviewing the decision and have been in touch with Ezekiel and his representatives to consider all options.”

The NFLPA repeatedly challenged the league, both through the appeals process and in court, in cases under the personal conduct policy such as those involving Rice, Peterson and Hardy, and in the infamous Deflategate case that resulted in the four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady under the sport’s competitive rules.

The union has sought to reduce Goodell’s power to discipline players and resolve their disciplinary appeals. Goodell has been adamant about retaining his power in those areas but did appoint outsiders to resolve appeals in some cases, such as Rice’s. The league and union nearly struck a separate deal to modify the player-discipline process and Goodell’s role in it but those negotiations collapsed at the last minute. The issue is likely to be addressed in the sport’s next collective bargaining agreement. The current CBA runs through 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Mike, if you were arrested and accused of a sexual crime or violence toward a child where the evidence was at least somewhat credible (but not rising to beyond a reasonable doubt level), would your employer keep you on? The reason I bring those crimes up is because of who you work for.

Would my employer keep me on if I was arrested for insider trading?

Now take a group of employers that rely on public support, fans, and advertisers to make money. You have a high profile player receiving very negative news. They have to do something, don't they when they find evidence that said allegations are true?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:17 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Mike, if you were arrested and accused of a sexual crime or violence toward a child where the evidence was at least somewhat credible (but not rising to beyond a reasonable doubt level), would your employer keep you on? The reason I bring those crimes up is because of who you work for.

Now take a group of employers that rely on public support, fans, and advertisers to make money. You have a high profile player receiving very negative news. They have to do something, don't they when they find evidence that said allegations are true?

What is the % of the fan base that is this sensitive?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I really do not know. I have had some people here get in trouble. The administrative leave thing seems pretty popular until things get sorted out. With you I would think you get some chance to address it before you are canned. I do get the point about the NFL being in the position where PR is very important.

I just feel strongly that you cannot have people running around suspending people not charged/convicted. Should Kane have been? Anyway, I will not lose sleep over these guys. Maybe I would be happier if it were more transparent and standard.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:27 pm 

Mike think of it as the difference in guilt standards between criminal and civil. And honestly, private employment is at will, so companies can fire you for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law (race, age, etc). You are trying to attribute criminal legal standards to corporate suspensions of employees. I am as big of a believer in due process and the courts, but a private employer does not have to follow those systems. It's just not the way employment law works....

In the NFL's case, they have collective bargained rules for this stuff. They fine people for their shoe color or conduct during a game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm 

Cashman wrote:

What is the % of the fan base that is this sensitive?

I would hope 100% for woman beating, but I am sure there are a few mouth breathers who are ok with dog fighting and domestic abuse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Zeke nabbed her phone and sent those messages. Good cover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
As always, I can see these things going both ways. Before this situation here popped up I remember hearing that some ppl thought Zeke was somewhere between an alcoholic to a cokehead (as he clearly loves him some partying) so when you have that rep and other shit like the video clip of him.pulling that chick's shirt down ("exposing her breasts" as Shannon Sharpe loves to say) I figure this is probably some kind of a suspension bought with frequent flyer miles.

Of course I can envision a jilted soon to be ex lover realizing that she likely just lost an easy life with 7-8 figure income level perks deciding "if I can't have him then nobody can have him!" and trying to ruin him..... And of course I can also see a drunk young star with money and fame buffers enabling him to lose his shit and lash out against a crazy bitch... And of course I can also see a confrontation where she tells Zeke that she's going to ruin his life and he loses a little control and then like rod blagojevich b4 her she realizes she's "SITTING ON A FUCKING GOLD MINE HERE!!!!" and then she plots to MONETIZE EVERYTHING whether it's legit, trumped-up/exaggerated, or simply complete and total made up bullshit.

At the end of the day the CBA gives goodell godlike powers over nebulous concepts like "protecting the integrity of the NFL" and in today's social [media] climate we know that Zeke is gonna be guilty no matter what comes out (ol girl could set up an press conference to admit to making it all up so she doesn't get in legal trouble and ppl would STILL claim that Zeke got some hardcore gangbangers to go "smarten her up") so you know he's gonna get sone sort of suspension to placate the female demographic (one the NFL figures there's probably a lot of raw growth potential in) and at the end if the day we'll be bringing up the disparity between Josh brown and Zeke ad infinitum for the rest of time!