It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LITTLE JOHN!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
John Daly II has played exactly one tournament for the University of Arkansas and posted just a single round under par during that event, but that didn’t stop the freshman from signing a name, image, likeness deal with Hooters, an agreement that was announced on Tuesday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-daly-son- ... 29579.html

Post subject: Re: LITTLE JOHN!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:04 pm 

a genius wrote:
John Daly II has played exactly one tournament for the University of Arkansas and posted just a single round under par during that event, but that didn’t stop the freshman from signing a name, image, likeness deal with Hooters, an agreement that was announced on Tuesday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-daly-son- ... 29579.html

A match made in Heaven!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I thought this was like a story out of the Onion....nope it's real :lol: :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Why are those Hooter girls wearing bras?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:08 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
I thought this was like a story out of the Onion....nope it's real :lol: :lol:

It is real and it is Glorious, love how the old man worked his way in there. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I’m proud to be an American.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:41 pm 

Good for him! Collect the money with both hands.

And hopefully get a lot out of the college experience.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Many of these college athletes' are going to stay in school as long as they can to avoid the pay cut that they will take in the real world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:18 pm 

love it. hooters locally making a big push to get back to some sort of relavance. love the new talent recently. now if they only could get decent food...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Augie wrote:
Many of these college athletes' are going to stay in school as long as they can to avoid the pay cut that they will take in the real world.

Some of them are getting crazy money. Quinn Ewers allegedly pocketed over $1 million in NIL deals in his freshman year at OSU, and only took two snaps in one game in mop-up duty. He transferred to Texas after the season, and still has four years eligibility left.

Seeing he’s a Texas boy to begin with, he’s gonna pile up a few more millions before he’s done there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hooters hasn't been cancelled yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:37 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

Some of them are getting crazy money. Quinn Ewers allegedly pocketed over $1 million in NIL deals in his freshman year at OSU, and only took two snaps in one game in mop-up duty. He transferred to Texas after the season, and still has four years eligibility left.

Seeing he’s a Texas boy to begin with, he’s gonna pile up a few more millions before he’s done there.

where is this money coming from?

We live in a big city where presumably an athlete could maximize exposure opportunities and I have see nothing, not even for a guy like Lucas Williamson during Loyola's conference and NCAA run.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

We live in a big city where presumably an athlete could maximize exposure opportunities and I have see nothing, not even for a guy like Lucas Williamson during Loyola's conference and NCAA run.

Think about what you're saying here. Chicago is a pro city. It's a lot different than Columbus or Austin where the Buckeyes and Longhorns respectively are the number one game in town.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

Think about what you're saying here. Chicago is a pro city. It's a lot different than Columbus or Austin where the Buckeyes and Longhorns respectively are the number one game in town.

I just assumed those kids were already getting that money. Are they actually being forced to work more for it now than in the past...like, do they have to actually show for commercial shoots and appearances versus the days where they would get an envelope as they walked off the field?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

I just assumed those kids were already getting that money. Are they actually being forced to work more for it now than in the past...like, do they have to actually show for commercial shoots and appearances versus the days where they would get an envelope as they walked off the field?

It's the same as it was before except now there's no danger of probation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

It's coming from rich alumni/fans who can't really find an exciting way to spend money outside of rooting for their college team. It's why Mel Tucker got paid double what he is worth and why seemingly all of the rich people from Central Illinois are getting together to outspend the Bulls on player contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:40 am 

Farmers for NIL!

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... ve-report/

interesting sentence from the short article

"if a Power 5 collective does not amass at least $5 million in an annual war chest, it will be difficult for it to keep pace with rival school collectives in the ultra-competitive world of football and basketball recruiting."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

It's the same as it was before except now there's no danger of probation.

So the school is forming a collective that pays the players directly without any additional work being done?

If I roll into Austin, will I be seeing billboards for the UT QB promoting a car dealership?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:48 am 

The NIL collectives are charitable organizations so it's more like you'll see a billboard with the Illini QB in Chicago that says "Donate your car today to 1-800-KARS-4-KIDS".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

Corporations, maybe Loyola needs to do a better job for their athletes with N.I.L.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:10 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Augie wrote:

Corporations, maybe Loyola needs to do a better job for their athletes with N.I.L.

Loyola is doing just fine. They didn't lose any significant transfers, made the tourney and are stepping up to a more national conference

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:12 am 

Brick wrote:
The NIL collectives are charitable organizations so it's more like you'll see a billboard with the Illini QB in Chicago that says "Donate your car today to 1-800-KARS-4-KIDS".

OK, so a guy like Williamson probably got paid to be the voice of The Loyola Project.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:35 am 

I don't think the athletes really have to do anything for it. Texas has one setup that gives $50k a year to OL, up to 16 per year.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/07/t ... -nonprofit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: What??
casual fan wrote:
Farmers for NIL!

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... ve-report/

interesting sentence from the short article

"if a Power 5 collective does not amass at least $5 million in an annual war chest, it will be difficult for it to keep pace with rival school collectives in the ultra-competitive world of football and basketball recruiting."

I think that's funny.... Well, good luck with all that. I'm sure it's going to work out JUST FINE for college sports.