All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: John McCain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
My guys say he is anything but a fraud.

Essentially saying that he had no core positions on abortion was a lie. IIRC there were a couple other areas where he unnecessarily hid behind the right wing lies that their selections aren't predisposed to vote with the heritage foundation party lines.

And again he didn't need a single Democratic or Independent senator's vote. But played the game nevertheless

Essentially asking questions that have NOTHING to do with the law, is out of bounds for anyone being interviewed as a judicial candidate. And declining to ask questions that do not correspond to specific legal points is NOT lying.

Trying to play gotcha for the voters at home is the height of hubris and dishonesty. Especially with the hindsight we now have with Al Franken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
This is a pretty clever maneuver and really too common. Caller Boob posts his idea of a killer McCain comment and Jorr shoves it right up his ass that Obama the chose. Did the same.

Enter the echo chamber warriors with all the deflection and subject changing what about Trumpisms they can muster. Throw in a how dare you shame McCain when not one of these clowns voted for him over Obama an the job is complete.

This place blows for political discussions.

I'm sure Rick voted for McCain. I would have voted for McCain if he faced anyone other than Obama (No Palin either) and probably Biden. None of that changes a point that was made. JORR voted for Obama too.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

The end must be really close. Told his son-in-law to take care of his daughter over the weekend and now they release this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-hate-le ... 56742.html

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
The end must be really close. Told his son-in-law to take care of his daughter over the weekend and now they release this.

I don't want to kick the guy as he's on his way out, but he's now complaining about a climate of partisanship that he was instrumental in creating. Beyond that, he simply has no integrity. If Pence or Cruz had been president he would have voted for the same thing he voted against just to spite Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't want to kick the guy as he's on his way out, but he's now complaining about a climate of partisanship that he was instrumental in creating. Beyond that, he simply has no integrity. If Pence or Cruz had been president he would have voted for the same thing he voted against just to spite Donald Trump.

You do want to kick him as he's on his way out and it happened because he criticized Trump.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

You may feel he has no integrity, but I would at least argue that he has more integrity than any other person in congress.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:36 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

You may feel he has no integrity, but I would at least argue that he has more integrity than any other person in congress.

Eh, I would say he used to have integrity. He sold his soul to get that 2008 nomination, and he's been a bitter old man ever since that loss.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Douchebag wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Eh, I would say he used to have integrity. He sold his soul to get that 2008 nomination, and he's been a bitter old man ever since that loss.

And yet, still has more integrity than every other person in congress.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Was watching the news with the wife last night and one of the sympathy pieces came on. I had to remind her that McCain made Palin a national political leader. Her attitude changed quickly.

Douchebag wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

He was and still is a Republican. Most of the complaints about him post-2008 are simply that he acted like a Republican more often than not.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

You do want to kick him as he's on his way out and it happened because he criticized Trump.

:lol:

Exactly.

Like the guy who says "I don't want to offend anyone" and then proceeds to say something wildly inflammatory.

It's okay if you do want to kick a guy when he's dying. Just do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:38 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Was watching the news with the wife last night and one of the sympathy pieces came on. I had to remind her that McCain made Palin a national political leader. Her attitude changed quickly.
Palin wasn't a national political leader since the day she and McCain lost. She's done virtually nothing since.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly.

Like the guy who says "I don't want to offend anyone" and then proceeds to say something wildly inflammatory.

John McCain in New Book: I’m Freer Now to Speak My Mind

McCain kicking himself on the way out of door.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wrong. I expect him to criticize a guy who mocked his time being tortured as a prisoner of war. What I don't expect is that his political philosophies should be dependent upon whether he has a beef with the current president. Is governing by beef really something you support?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Palin wasn't a national political leader since the day she and McCain lost. She's done virtually nothing since.

She was the cynical voice of the Tea Party for years, whatever that's worth. Sensible people recognize that she hasn't actually done anything since she quit on her governorship. But MANY were motivated/led by her rantings and word salads.

Trump came for her hat in hand, until he could break out of the low teens. Which she unequivocally had a point in boosting.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

She was the cynical voice of the Tea Party for years, whatever that's worth. Sensible people recognize that she hasn't actually done anything since she quit on her governorship. But MANY were motivated/led by her rantings and word salads.

Trump came for her hat in hand, until he could break out of the low teens. Which she unequivocally had a point in boosting.

That's right. She was the face of the GOP for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What I don't expect is that his political philosophies should be dependent upon whether he has a beef with the current president. Is governing by beef really something you support?

Not by you per se, but the notion of voting/governing just to piss off liberals was roundly cheered by many around here.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:47 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly.

I'm not racist, but...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:50 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You watch too much Fox News. The fact she never even ran for another office means that her impact after the election was over is quite small.

To take it a step further, what exactly was the result of her? Did it have an impact on anything?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Wrong. I expect him to criticize a guy who mocked his time being tortured as a prisoner of war. What I don't expect is that his political philosophies should be dependent upon whether he has a beef with the current president. Is governing by beef really something you support?
Most people primarily started to turn on him because he was too hard on Obama even though he was one of the few Republicans who tried to be fair to him.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

And yet, still has more integrity than every other person in congress.

Agreed. He's sacrificed and done more for this country than MANY of us ever will. He has my respect.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:56 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You watch too much Fox News. The fact she never even ran for another office means that her impact after the election was over is quite small.

To take it a step further, what exactly was the result of her? Did it have an impact on anything?

If you ever have any concerns over the coarsening and direction of our national politics, you should see her impact.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What I don't expect is that his political philosophies should be dependent upon whether he has a beef with the current president. Is governing by beef really something you support?

Not by you per se, but the notion of voting/governing just to piss off liberals was roundly cheered by many around here.

Well, I think honest disagreement is fine. One party shouldn't acquiesce to the other simply in the interest of "DOING SOMETHING". That's not what McCain did. He voted against something he adamantly believed in out of personal rancor and spite.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote: