It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: John McCain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've said it before, the most abnormal and dangerous thing is the refusal to accept the election results.

Hope you were pitching a fit on the Merrick Garland nomination then...

I'm not pitching a fit now, but yeah, of course there should have been a hearing on Garland.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This is a pretty clever maneuver and really too common. Caller Boob posts his idea of a killer McCain comment and Jorr shoves it right up his ass that Obama the chose. Did the same.

Enter the echo chamber warriors with all the deflection and subject changing what about Trumpisms they can muster. Throw in a how dare you shame McCain when not one of these clowns voted for him over Obama an the job is complete.

This place blows for political discussions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
This is a pretty clever maneuver and really too common. Caller Boob posts his idea of a killer McCain comment and Jorr shoves it right up his ass that Obama the chose. Did the same.

Enter the echo chamber warriors with all the deflection and subject changing what about Trumpisms they can muster. Throw in a how dare you shame McCain when not one of these clowns voted for him over Obama an the job is complete.

CTE: 6 pittmike: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It's a little early for car bombs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:56 pm 

pittmike wrote:

I voted for McCain and have argued on here that he would have been a better President than Obama.

You picking Trump over McCain too?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think he's picking what couch to pass out on now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I voted for McCain and have argued on here that he would have been a better President than Obama.

I’m not picking Trump at all and that was the entire point that was lost today. McCain’s comment is dumb in light of Jorr’s follow up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 pm 

Why was his comment dumb? Was he wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm 

Bob just handing out beatings, and now a curb stomping

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:01 pm 

In light of Joe Orr's post, should Senator McCain retract his comment?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I’m not picking Trump at all and that was the entire point that was lost today. McCain’s comment is dumb in light of Jorr’s follow up.

McCain comment isn't dumb since he criticized Obama as well for being weak on Russia.

Seems like he's been fairly consistent on this.

Unlike some.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm 

What Peeps said. I have criticized Obama for being a 'cuck on the Russia/syria thing many times. Trumpkins can't get Obama out of their minds. It is 2018 people!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Look, I don't care if you don't think the American president shouldn't be congratulating dictators on winning fake elections. I don't really think so either, although some dictators obviously have to be handled diplomatically. My problem is the spin that everything Trump does is "not normal".

And McCain hates Trump so much that he votes against things he has fought for for years just to spite him. He's a bad guy. A real bad guy. ZERO principle.

What exactly has trump done in a normal or even rational way, aside from allowing the federalist society guys longing for 1956 to pick judges like he promised his supporters he would?

I think it's pretty normal for the president to pick judges, isn't it? Elections have consequences, right? Or do we only support the American system when our candidate wins?

But you didn't answer my question. I gave him credit for sticking to that wink and a nod promise

Glad to see you are on board with this RR.

Go Mike Scudder tomorrow in his Senate hearing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

The way I view it McCain’s previous Obama criticism doesn’t matter. For me it seems he made the one Bob posted timed specifically for Trump. He probably does not even remember doing same to the dear leader and he didn’t want any of you to either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:11 pm 

pittmike wrote:
The way I view it McCain’s previous Obama criticism doesn’t matter. For me it seems he made the one Bob posted timed specifically for Trump. He probably does not even remember doing same to the dear leader and he didn’t want any of you to either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm 

pittmike wrote:
It was timed specifically for Trump. That's why it said "Sen. McCain on President Trump congratulating Russian President Vladimir Putin for his election win".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
It was timed specifically for Trump. That's why it said "Sen. McCain on President Trump congratulating Russian President Vladimir Putin for his election win".

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

Let's just say he's selectively upset. Likely because of his contempt for a specific person rather than any hard held belief. That isn't what I call principle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Let's just say he's selectively upset. Likely because of his contempt for a specific person rather than any hard held belief. That isn't what I call principle.

You're wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It might have something to do with Trump making fun of him for getting captured. That would piss me off pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
McCain comment isn't dumb since he criticized Obama as well for being weak on Russia.

They're both weak on Russia. So was Bush Jr. But that's a big problem with McCain. He's still fighting the Cold War. And it's understandable. He spent six years in hell because of that Cold War. He can't shake hands with Russians without feeling like it was all for nothing. But we can't run our foreign policy that way. if we did, we'd have to drop nukes on Spain, Germany, and England.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

They're both weak on Russia. So was Bush Jr. But that's a big problem with McCain. He's still fighting the Cold War. And it's understandable. He spent six years in hell because of that Cold War. He can't shake hands with Russians without feeling like it was all for nothing. But we can't run our foreign policy that way. if we did, we'd have to drop nukes on Spain, Germany, and England.

Was McCain wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You're wrong.

If I am, show me where he was so vocal about Obama congratulating Putin. I'm sure he didn't like it, but he didn't use it as a platform for grandstanding.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

So then wouldn't that mean McCain wasn't being "selective" with his outrage?

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Look, I don't care if you don't think the American president shouldn't be congratulating dictators on winning fake elections. I don't really think so either, although some dictators obviously have to be handled diplomatically. My problem is the spin that everything Trump does is "not normal".

And McCain hates Trump so much that he votes against things he has fought for for years just to spite him. He's a bad guy. A real bad guy. ZERO principle.

What exactly has trump done in a normal or even rational way, aside from allowing the federalist society guys longing for 1956 to pick judges like he promised his supporters he would?

I think it's pretty normal for the president to pick judges, isn't it? Elections have consequences, right? Or do we only support the American system when our candidate wins?

But you didn't answer my question. I gave him credit for sticking to that wink and a nod promise

I'd be begrudgingly on board but for Garland nomination's senatorial charade and that Gorsuch was a weaselly fuck who falsely portrayed himself as a neutral arbiter with no preconceived notions on hot button issues that would enter into his judgements.

He had the votes and lied about himself as not to appear like the zealot he is. A. Fraud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Regular Reader wrote:
I'd be begrudgingly on board but for Garland nomination's senatorial charade and that Gorsuch was a weaselly fuck who falsely portrayed himself as a neutral arbiter with no preconceived notions on hot button issues that would enter into his judgements.

He had the votes and lied about himself as not to appear like the zealot he is. A. Fraud.

My guys say he is anything but a fraud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

See above.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

See above.

Which part?

Is he selective about criticizing politicians who he views as "weak" on Russia or isn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm 

Will there be a shoutout to Trump at JORR's punk rock reunion show?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
My guys say he is anything but a fraud.

Essentially saying that he had no core positions on abortion was a lie. IIRC there were a couple other areas where he unnecessarily hid behind the right wing lies that their selections aren't predisposed to vote with the heritage foundation party lines.

And again he didn't need a single Democratic or Independent senator's vote. But played the game nevertheless

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next