It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seattle Nazi-Puncher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hatchetman wrote:
tommy wrote:
outside of certain parameters which everyone agrees on, it doesn't matter who is doing the speaking.

care to elaborate?

yeah, incitement and so forth. the things that are never really protected, whether the court tends to the liberal or conservative.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am 

On the other hand....

Nazis are different, but it is hard to imagine why someone walking around in public in KKK regalia is not considered a threat, given the context of American history. Maybe it is because the KKK doesn't (as far as I know) lynch people any longer. I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
It doesn't appear that everyone can agree upon anything.

well, i'm not an etc., but the courts seem to uphold the first amendment and are pretty clear about what rights we don't have. i think. (????)

as far as ethics, that's different.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 am 

tommy wrote:
On the other hand....

Nazis are different, but it is hard to imagine why someone walking around in public in KKK regalia is not considered a threat, given the context of American history. Maybe it is because the KKK doesn't (as far as I know) lynch people any longer. I don't know.
I think that's the big distinction here. I guess a Nazi could walk around not being a "threat" but pretty much any speech by a Nazi about being a Nazi is a threat.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
On the other hand....

I think that's the big distinction here. I guess a Nazi could walk around not being a "threat" but pretty much any speech by a Nazi about being a Nazi is a threat.

Airing abhorrent views is not the same as creating a reasonable fear of imminent lawlessness, come on.

People advocate for bad shit to befall people all the time, and we regard it as political speech. Look at all the stuff about wishing Trump death or assassination, the BLM protesters with their "all the good cops I know are the dead ones" signs at protests. Look at Ogie here call for the murder of police officers whenever his childish anger issues consume him. None of them are actually threats, but all are protected speech.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 am 

I think the true test for this would be an Islamic Extremist screaming death to infidels inside Penn station.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
On the other hand....

Airing abhorrent views is not the same as creating a reasonable fear of imminent lawlessness, come on.

People advocate for bad shit to befall people all the time, and we regard it as political speech. Look at all the stuff about wishing Trump death or assassination, the BLM protesters with their "all the good cops I know are the dead ones" signs at protests. Look at Ogie here call for the murder of police officers whenever his childish anger issues consume him. None of them are actually threats, but all are protected speech.

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
tommy wrote:
On the other hand....

Correct. Simply spouting off Nazi principles is not a threat. The burden for "incitement" should - rightly - be an extremely high one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
rogers park bryan wrote:
I think the true test for this would be an Islamic Extremist screaming death to infidels inside Penn station.

Might have to be outside on the sidewalk as I assume Penn Station is private property?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: John's
All Nazi's should be killed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

See? Not a threat. Protected speech.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 am 

^Sympathizer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: You cant go to heaven eating pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Let's take it out of the realm where most can identify:

The Old Navy Preacher says some hateful stuff against homosexuals, right up to the point of saying they should die in this life. Would you protect someone punching him?

Come at the king, you best not miss. You can't go to heaven being a homosexual sea mammal!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 am 

OldNavyPreacher wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Let's take it out of the realm where most can identify:

The Old Navy Preacher says some hateful stuff against homosexuals, right up to the point of saying they should die in this life. Would you protect someone punching him?

Come at the king, you best not miss. You can't go to heaven being a homosexual sea mammal!

Preacher, I like to watch the videos on http://blacked.com. Am I going to hell too?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
^Sympathizer

Synthesizer
Sennheiser
Schoenweis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 am 

The problem isnt one punch. No one (besides JLN) feels bad for Nazis who get hit but this is becoming a thing on the left.

Punching people is justified if their ideas/beliefs are abhorrent? Who draws that line? And dont say it's just Nazis because it's not, people (Antifa and their fans) want to get violent with anyone they deem "hateful" that is a dangerous road to go down.

Kidding JLN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
rogers park bryan wrote:
The problem isnt one punch. No one (besides JLN) feels bad for Nazis who get hit but this is becoming a thing on the left.

Punching people is justified if their ideas/beliefs are abhorrent? Who draws that line? And dont say it's just Nazis because it's not, people (Antifa and their fans) want to get violent with anyone they deem "hateful" that is a dangerous road to go down.

Kidding JLN

It's not a left or right thing JORR. MANY people believe that it is okay to punch someone who pisses you off.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

It's not a left or right thing JORR. MANY people believe that it is okay to punch someone who pisses you off.

I agree, Douchebag. Plenty of Trump supporters thought it was OK to get violent with people for having differing political views. Thing is I think advocating punching Nazis gets a pass because everyone is so afraid to be seen as defending Nazism.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

I completely understand the emotion involved in wanting to punch Nazis, but that's not how our society operates, nor should it. If a person does it, they should be arrested.

Aside from the obvious free speech argument, what ever happened to just ignoring people?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

I agree, Douchebag. Plenty of Trump supporters thought it was OK to get violent with people for having differing political views. Thing is I think advocating punching Nazis gets a pass because everyone is so afraid to be seen as defending Nazism.

I completely agree with you, Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:12 am 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

It doesn't help when there are so many people willing to label someone a Nazi. It gets similar play to "racist" or "bigot."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

It doesn't help when there are so many people willing to label someone a Nazi. It gets similar play to "racist" or "bigot."

No it doesn't. It's not even close. In fact white supremacist is WAY ahead of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:20 am 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kidding JLN

It's absolutely a thing right now with extreme leftists. It never was before. Im not really concerned with the other side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
we just had a big thread here were MANY said racists and white supremacists were the same thing. and we know white supremacists and Nazis are the same thing. so......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
we just had a big thread here were MANY said racists and white supremacists were the same thing. .

Let's say we didn't...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:
we just had a big thread here were MANY said racists and white supremacists were the same thing. and we know white supremacists and Nazis are the same thing. so......

Punch whitey! There ya have it. Its right there for ya.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:

All people get compared to the Jordan of Nazis but very few people call someone a Nazi.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am 

Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

All people get compared to the Jordan of Nazis but very few people call someone a Nazi.

Fascists buy shoes too!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
we just had a big thread here were MANY said racists and white supremacists were the same thing. .

Let's say we didn't...

Agreed, because we really didnt.

People want to use their own personal definitions for these terms but they are what they are. Racism requires power. White Supremacy actions and White supremacist beliefs/Bigotry do not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next