It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Good Christian Fun
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 am 

Franky T wrote:
Bernstein must love this story. Christian football playing bullies. Is there another group he would have more disdain for than them?

If Bernstein actually played a team sport, I'd peg him as just the kind of guy who would be first in line to engage in (his kind of) hazing if he ever were in a position to get away with it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I have had a number of family members play football in the same conference as Wheaton.

Unfortunately, this comes as a surprise to none of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 am 

Seacrest wrote:
I have had a number of family members play football in the same conference as Wheaton.

This morning I heard a reference to some of them being on the JV squad. In Division III, wtf is that, glorified Pop Warner for some of the unfortunately maladjusted or injured?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

This morning I heard a reference to some of them being on the JV squad. In Division III, wtf is that, glorified Pop Warner for some of the unfortunately maladjusted or injured?

Wheaton plays in the CCIW conference. It's one of the best D-3 conferences in the nation. If you want to go heavily into debt to continue your football career, have at it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Wheaton plays in the CCIW conference. It's one of the best D-3 conferences in the nation. If you want to go heavily into debt to continue your football career, have at it.

Paying to play junior varsity D3 is baffling. I've never heard of that one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

Participating in root beer keggers make people do stupid things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Very common.

Btw, I didn't know that Pierre Garcon and John Brown are both D-3 guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am 

The have JV D3 football to keep kids out and paying. Usually Fr/So players who dont see any action on game day. A lot of them play prep schools or Jucos.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
That's very disappointing. Obviously if the school was doing everything in its power the players would no longer be on the football team. I imagine the players will probably get off with probation because they will probably escape conviction with good lawyers. But they should probably throw the book at these kids, especially given the community standards that the students at Christian schools are supposed to follow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Why is it strange? They are generally people who choose a school to attend and then decide they might like to play a sport in their leisure time. It was beneath Hub though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Why is it strange? They are generally people who choose a school to attend and then decide they might like to play a sport in their leisure time. It was beneath Hub though.

Laurence at least had it right, playing club ball

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'm still waiting for someone at Wheaton College to get fired....This happened a year ago in the 2016 season. here we are in this season and these guys are still playing?????

unacceptable.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
wdelaney72 wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone at Wheaton College to get fired....This happened a year ago in the 2016 season. here we are in this season and these guys are still playing?????

unacceptable.

People that were raised in Wheaton are well versed in getting out of criminal trouble and vast conspiracies unscathed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Regular Reader wrote:

If Bernstein actually played a team sport, I'd peg him.

Oh my!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

unacceptable.

People that were raised in Wheaton are well versed in getting out of criminal trouble and vast conspiracies unscathed.

Actually none of the players are even originally from Illinois. Although isn't Herb Lawrence a Wheaton North graduate?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Actually none of the players are even originally from Illinois.

So what?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Actually none of the players are even originally from Illinois.

So what?

They are obviously illegal aliens.

Read between the lines man.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
KDdidit wrote:
I don't get sports hazing. Played HS football all 4 years at Lyons Township, a giant 8A school, and no one did shit. Then played baseball and soccer at a small college in Dubuque and no one did shit. Well they wanted the Freshman on the baseball team to shave their heads, but I said fuck that and no one cared.

I played at York and as freshman we were made to eat the heart of a child procured through some booster's organ trafficking network. Strange how things can vary between places in close proximity.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
DannyB wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I don't get sports hazing. Played HS football all 4 years at Lyons Township, a giant 8A school, and no one did shit. Then played baseball and soccer at a small college in Dubuque and no one did shit. Well they wanted the Freshman on the baseball team to shave their heads, but I said fuck that and no one cared.

I played at York and as freshman we were made to eat the heart of a child procured through some booster's organ trafficking network. Strange how things can vary between places in close proximity.

See, we figured Joe Newton made your Track and XC teams do that just to satiate his bloodlust.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm 

York was always a reasonably solid 2nd tier program but awhile back they found some nitwit head coach from the Catholic League to lateral over--Brother Rice I think? He basically destroyed the program in the few years he was there. He's gone but set it back 5 years. They lost 50-3 to Glenbard West last week. You almost have to try to be that bad.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
DannyB wrote:
York was always a reasonably solid 2nd tier program but awhile back they found some nitwit head coach from the Catholic League to lateral over--Brother Rice I think? He basically destroyed the program in the few years he was there. He's gone but set it back 5 years. They lost 50-3 to Glenbard West last week. You almost have to try to be that bad.

Steve Nye. Coaches at St. Laurence now. A big rah-rah guy. Seemed like an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm 

Yeah that's the guy! They had at won least a playoff game in almost every year in the 7-8 years before he was hired, including a couple of runs to the 8A quarters/semis. He went 0-9 in his first season.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Yeah that's the guy! They had at won least a playoff game in almost every year in the 7-8 years before he was hired, including a couple of runs to the 8A quarters/semis. He went 0-9 in his first season.

They fired him, right? He was coaching sophomores or something the year after he left. He lives in my neighborhood (or used to) and there's just something about the guy I don't like. He has that city-worker-whose-smart-relative-got-him-promoted-to-a-big-job ethos about him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 pm 

tommy wrote:
DannyB wrote:

They fired him, right? He was coaching sophomores or something the year after he left. He lives in my neighborhood (or used to) and there's just something about the guy I don't like. He has that city-worker-whose-smart-relative-got-him-promoted-to-a-big-job ethos about him.

Yeah I don't know--I would hope he was fired but I don't think he lasted more than 2-3 years. The fall was fast & furious. Is he a head coach now? It's hard to imagine someone would hire him.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:51 pm 

DannyB wrote:
tommy wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Yeah I don't know--I would hope he was fired but I don't think he lasted more than 2-3 years. The fall was fast & furious. Is he a head coach now? It's hard to imagine someone would hire him.

I don't even think he's the head coach....his career went south fast.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 pm 

tommy wrote:
DannyB wrote:
tommy wrote:
DannyB wrote:

I don't even think he's the head coach....his career went south fast.

If you see him mowing the lawn, tell him the 88 Dukes OL is coming to your next block party to curb stomp his bitch ass. Right in front of the jumpy house.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
DannyB wrote:

No wonder their Cross Country team won so many state titles.