It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lavar Ball
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Sure, he's a douchebag, but he's a marketing genius. He just trolled the fucking president into giving him TONS of publicity. And, of course, the idiot POTUS obliged.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

11:42 AM · Nov 19, 2017

Post subject: Re: Lavar Ball
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
leashyourkids wrote:
Sure, he's a douchebag, but he's a marketing genius. He just trolled the fucking president into giving him TONS of publicity. And, of course, the idiot POTUS obliged.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

11:42 AM · Nov 19, 2017

Trump should give him a phone all like in the movie Amazing Grace and Chuck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:26 pm 

The oldest son is playing like shit.

The middle son will be a middling D1 basketball player at best

The youngest isn't even playing high school ball.

Only a matter of time until this implodes.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
conns7901 wrote:
The oldest son is playing like shit.

The middle son will be a middling D1 basketball player at best

The youngest isn't even playing high school ball.

Only a matter of time until this implodes.

Is the older son even wearing the BBB shoes?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Look I get that this is a game, but Trump did negotiate his kid's release from CHINESE PRISON and the first thing Ball did was go pandering to liberals with Trump bullshit. I usually support Ball and his efforts to undermine and destroy the shoe industry, but this was dumb. When it gets personal, like your kid could rot in CHINESE PRISON, you dont turn it into a stunt.

Nom rejected.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:42 pm 

America wrote:
Look I get that this is a game, but Trump did negotiate his kid's release from CHINESE PRISON and the first thing Ball did was go pandering to liberals with Trump bullshit. I usually support Ball and his efforts to undermine and destroy the shoe industry, but this was dumb. When it gets personal, like your kid could rot in CHINESE PRISON, you dont turn it into a stunt.

Nom rejected.

Normally, I might agree, but nothing is real anymore. We live in a time when everything is a game or a joke. Might as well sit back and embrace it.

Also, I don't think what Ball said has anything to do with politics. He wanted attention, and he got it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:46 pm 

I feel bad for this guy which I had never heard of until this story. He actually didn't do anything and had a sham trial in which a verdict hasn't been given in 4 months.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/16/the-other ... umps-help/

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 pm 

That uw Michigan game showed you can be awesome in college yet still be questionable for the pros

Ball has a lot to learn about the NBA. Most of it is just being lucky enough to have the physialbility to just be average.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 pm 

More...

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Shoplifting is a very big deal in China, as it should be (5-10 years in jail), but not to father LaVar. Should have gotten his son out during my next trip to China instead. China told them why they were released. Very ungrateful!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I wanted Trump to tell the CHINESE President to " treat these dipshits like you would any average chinaman" ..unfortunately Trump didn't, here we are.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Franky T wrote:
He's so awesome he deserves 2 threads in Shoutouts!

Make that 3!!!! He moves the meters here more than Julie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:13 pm 

It's going to be funny to watch all the "Pffft, Trump didn't ACTUALLY do anything to get those kids out" people turn around now and be "OMG TRUMP SAID HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT CITIZENS IN PRISON IN CHINA FOR NOT GROVELING ENOUGH!!"

EDIT: Here's one...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Franky T wrote:
He's so awesome he deserves 2 threads in Shoutouts!

Make that 3!!!! He moves the meters here more than Julie.

Why so whiny lately?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Who?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
It's going to be funny to watch all the "Pffft, Trump didn't ACTUALLY do anything to get those kids out" people turn around now and be "OMG TRUMP SAID HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT CITIZENS IN PRISON IN CHINA FOR NOT GROVELING ENOUGH!!"

Where's the other tweet?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
They played right into his hands.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Where's the other tweet?

Dan has a few times (I heard during transition, don't cream yourself) said that Trump didn't do anything to get them released.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Poor Donnie. The walls are closing in, and he knows it. When this is over, he will wish that he was only guilty of shoplifting.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Where's the other tweet?

Dan has a few times (I heard during transition, don't cream yourself) said that Trump didn't do anything to get them released.

I guess that tweet would have landed harder if Dan were the author.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Where's the other tweet?

:roll: Ever the pedant. Dan re-tweeted it, which is a common and reasonably interpreted express endorsement of the sentiment. Is this all you have left in the tank as a poster?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm 

To be fair, those two sentiments aren’t contradictory. The latter is really just commmenting on the president’s childish mindset and his lack of restraint. One could in fact think he had nothing to do with it and also think it’s ridiculous for him to say what he said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Where's the other tweet?

:roll: Ever the pedant. Dan re-tweeted it, which is a common and reasonably interpreted express endorsement of the sentiment. Is this all you have left in the tank as a poster?

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:56 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

To be fair, those two sentiments aren’t contradictory. The latter is really just commmenting on the president’s childish mindset and his lack of restraint. One could in fact think he had nothing to do with it and also think it’s ridiculous for him to say what he said.

It's feigned outrage at something those very people readily say Trump could not have and did not impact.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

It's feigned outrage at something those very people readily say Trump could not have and did not impact.

It may be feigned outrage, but it’s not contradictory unless they further say something about being worried about going overseas now because of his comments... which I actually have seen a few say... and they are indeed hypocritical.

But a lot of people just think it’s beneath a president to say such things, and they’re right. Ball is an idiot too, but this is just another thing that’s Trump can’t be above. And Ball knew this would happen before he even made the statement. Checkmate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It may be feigned outrage, but it’s not contradictory unless they further say something about being worried about going overseas now because of his comments... which I actually have seen a few say... and they are indeed hypocritical.

But a lot of people just think it’s beneath a president to say such things, and they’re right. Ball is an idiot too, but this is just another thing that’s Trump can’t be above. And Ball knew this would happen before he even made the statement. Checkmate.

I think the "left US citizens imprisoned by non-democratic regime" line is meamt to be sharing the stage of shame equally with "because the family didn't acknowledge him personally" in this context. Are others JUST highlighting the absurdity of Trump's childishness? Sure. But these two (Dan vicariously) are pretending that Trump actually being able to do something about it makes his childishness worse, despite claiming previously (in Dan's case) that Trump didn't do anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm 

But I get it, "Trump childishly claims he shouldn't have done something he didn't actually do in the first place, because Ball family didn't recognize his efforts" is just accuracy getting in the way of a good narrative.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think the "left US citizens imprisoned by non-democratic regime" line is meamt to be sharing the stage of shame equally with "because the family didn't acknowledge him personally" in this context. Are others JUST highlighting the absurdity of Trump's childishness? Sure. But these two (Dan vicariously) are pretending that Trump actually being able to do something about it makes his childishness worse, despite claiming previously (in Dan's case) that Trump didn't do anything.

When did the original tweeter claim Trump didn't do anything?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

When did the original tweeter claim Trump didn't do anything?

I was only referencing Dan's previous comments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 pm 

Well no you didn't. You said "these two" in the same sentence as "despite claiming previously" when Dan was the only one who made both claims. Nice work with the parenthetical though.