It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 am 

First win against a top ten team in 33 years.

The program is definitely on the upswing. It is a little slower and steadier than I would like but I think they are building something in Roger's Park

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Seconded, hope they can take DePaul's place as decent city Catholic college hoops. Loyola (or Valparaiso) making the tournament would be kinda neat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

The program is definitely on the upswing. It is a little slower and steadier than I would like but I think they are building something in Roger's Park

Ramblers: Loyola Chicago 1963,— The Team that Changed the Color of College Basketball

great book

I used to watch them when they had Alfredrick Hughes and went to the Sweet 16. Then everything went to pot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
The Loyola Ramblers will never win,
A NCAA Championship,
But there is always next year, so they say.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am 

Looks like Their coach will finally be able to get a better job. He has been there for a while now.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am 

I wish nothing but the best for Loyola and DePaul. They've served their local missions well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ramblers: Loyola Chicago 1963,— The Team that Changed the Color of College Basketball

great book

I used to watch them when they had Alfredrick Hughes and went to the Sweet 16. Then everything went to pot.

Brian "Sonny" Liston led them to the Sweet 16.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

:lol: The Sweet Sixteen of what? The Midwestern Cities Tournament?

I think you're misremembering there, big guy. Loyola made the final sixteen in '85 when led by Evanston's own Carl "Go-Go" Golston. Also, it's funny that you call Liston a "leader". He played with Clemons, Sappleton, Sprewer, and Stampley. But nice for you to look out for a Fenwick classmate. The truth is, Liston's daughter was way better than he ever was.

Get in here with me, ltg. Here's your chance to finally get over on Seacrest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

I think you're misremembering there, big guy. Loyola made the final sixteen in '85 when led by Evanston's own Carl "Go-Go" Golston. Also, it's funny that you call Liston a "leader". He played with Clemons, Sappleton, Sprewer, and Stampley. But nice for you to look out for a Fenwick classmate. The truth is, Liston's daughter was way better than he ever was.

I'm not THAT old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:
Seconded, hope they can take DePaul's place as decent city Catholic college hoops. Loyola (or Valparaiso) making the tournament would be kinda neat.

You shut your whore mouth!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

For once, I'm with the Jesuits.

Go Ramblers!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:49 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Go Ramblers!!

That had to hurt.

Are you ok? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
When I was a senior in 1992 season tickets for students were $5 and that included transportation (riding bitch on Will Rey's 10 speed) to the Horizon.

Button 48: I sat next to Keir Rogers in one of my classes. Seemed like a good dude.

I just Googled him and he's the principal of a middle school in Mt. Prospect.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Go Ramblers!!

That had to hurt.

Are you ok? :lol:

I am now.

The doctor made me lay down for a couple of hours.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
conns7901 wrote:
Looks like Their coach will finally be able to get a better job. He has been there for a while now.

This. Sad but true.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Tad Queasy wrote:
When I was a senior in 1992 season tickets for students were $5 and that included transportation (riding bitch on Will Rey's 10 speed) to the Horizon.

Button 48: I sat next to Keir Rogers in one of my classes. Seemed like a good dude.

I'm pretty sure Will Rey handled the freshmen at Gordon when i was in high school. Isn't he Little Crest's coach now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:05 pm 

The old gym always reminded me of Mt. Camel's old gym & a few other Catholic gyms on the south side. It seemed like home.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I'm pretty sure Will Rey handled the freshmen at Gordon when i was in high school. Isn't he Little Crest's coach now?

He will be. LC is on the freshman team. Btw, Bob Oceipka was at the Thanksgiving tourney.

Will is a good hoops coach.

Great person and mentor to our son.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Speaking of old local hoops legends JORR, Emmett McGovern is the Dean of Students at Little Crest's school.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:37 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Speaking of old local hoops legends JORR, Emmett McGovern is the Dean of Students at Little Crest's school.

There's only one true local ball legend.

Lamar Mundane.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

There's only one true local ball legend.

Lamar Mundane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lt4QasmnTI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

You asked for this one. Carl Golston didn't play for Evanston. He played for the fine institution Wendell Phillips. Go Go is from down the way. Straight of Stateway Gardens. Our old coach at Phillips coached him. I know Go Go. He is quite a few years older but he is off the Low End. Our old coach couldn't get enough of talking about old Go Go.

Phillips actually sent quite a few players to Loyola back in the day. Darius Clemons. Bernard Jackson. They had a pipeline which emanated from Phillips.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

You asked for this one. Carl Golston didn't play for Evanston. He played for the fine institution Wendell Phillips. Go Go is from down the way. Straight of Stateway Gardens. Our old coach at Phillips coached him. I know Go Go. He is quite a few years older but he is off the Low End. Our old coach couldn't get enough of talking about old Go Go.

Phillips actually sent quite a few players to Loyola back in the day. Darius Clemons. Bernard Jackson. They had a pipeline which emanated from Phillips.

Yeah, I know he played for Phillips, but I'm pretty sure he had an Evanston connection. I could be mistaken though. Started his college career at Wisconsin. I think he got caught for an armed robbery.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

Yeah, I know he played for Phillips, but I'm pretty sure he had an Evanston connection. I could be mistaken though. Started his college career at Wisconsin. I think he got caught for an armed robbery.

He did. Go Go got strung out on drugs for awhile though he cleaned himself up at some point. Did the robbery in Wisc. That's correct.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

great book

Sorry JORR.

"Swisheroooo another 2 for Seacrest...just like a fine loaf of that Good, good Gonella Bread!!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Sorry JORR.

"Swisheroooo another 2 for Seacrest...just like a fine loaf of that Good, good Gonella Bread!!"

Sorry, Seacrest. ltg tickled the twine for the very first time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Sorry JORR.

Sorry, Seacrest. ltg tickled the twine for the very first time.

:lol: :lol:

Good Old Red Rush

that's not a reference to Rush Limbaugh Baby...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm 

I thought that he was a Wendell Phillips grad, but Crest was so assertive :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
used to listen to the games on the old Philco..Harkness was my idol...Red Rush that's Gonella it's a Swella Fella....call him Ajax because he cleans the glass.....Didn't know what color the players were and didn't care.....I'm no FF or LTG which I'm so thankful for

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
used to listen to the games on the old Philco..Harkness was my idol...Red Rush that's Gonella it's a Swella Fella....call him Ajax because he cleans the glass.....Didn't know what color the players were and didn't care.....I'm no FF or LTG which I'm so thankful for

Walt eyes it...
Tries it...
And he buys it!