It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Chicago Bulls
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Bulls had a massive win streak and managed to get to 10 wins.

I think they have plenty of suck left in them this year so enjoying some bright spots in a shit year isn't at all odd.

You high draft pick guys got it all wrong. The teams that are elite right now in the NBA are due to massive trades and FA signings. High picks are important but good teams can find other avenues to better themselves. This Bull team might just be one scorer short off the bench to maybe move up to a better than 41 win team. The offseason might than provide some other parts to the puzzle.

NEVER TANK!

Magic Johnson #1
Larry Bird #6
Isiah Thomas #2
Hakeem Olajuwon #1
Michael Jordan #3
David Robinson #1
Tim Duncan #1
Kobe Bryant #13
LeBron James #1
Dwayne Wade #6
Steph Curry #7

34 championships over the last 38 years

Wolf gets it. I'm actually wondering what guys getting traded has to do with it too. It still doesnt change the fact that you win when you have high draft picks on your roster.

You aren't winning anything if your best players are middle of the first round guys.

And Bird only went 6th because he was drafted a year early.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Look at 2011-15 drafts. If you didn’t have #1 it didn’t matter where you picked in the top 10. Tanking thinking you’ll get the next Lebron is a bad idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
anyone cheering for this Bulls team to win a single game is grade A moron.

It's like they don't remember what being stuck in NBA mediocrity feels like. This upcoming draft is LOADED at the top, no excuse for the Bulls not doing everything in their power to secure as many lotto balls as possible.

This is the exact same shit that happened the year we got Rose. Bulls won a bunch of worthless games and morons like the ones celebrating this current win streak were all excited about the Bulls battle to try and get that last playoff spot. It was only because of a 1% chance that we got the #1 pick in that draft.

I always ask the morons the same question...what would you rather have, a low seed in the playoffs and a likely first round exit or 10 years with a franchise level talent? The short sightedness of these morons never ceases to amaze me.

You’re new to watching basketball so I’ll give this post a pass. But FYI - tanking doesn’t work in the nba. Never has and never will.

You can't win an NBA title without super star players. Best place to find NBA superstars is at the top of the draft. 3 other ways to get superstars....later in the draft if you are amazingly lucky and/or great at drafting, via trade, via free agency.

Of those 4 methods for getting a star player, which one do the Bulls have the best chance of pursuing? Obviously, high lotto picks. Bulls have shown no ability to land gems later in the draft, they're not Golden State. No one is signing here in FA, that's been proven since the Jerry Krause days. As for a trade, they already traded away their lone asset and did get what looks to be a very nice return, but doubtful that there's an NBA superstar in that return.

Tanking isn't perfect, but it does give you the best chance of throwing multiple darts at the board in an attempt to land that bullseye. Just look at Philly. They tanked for half a decade, made several bad picks but at the end of the day they still ended up with not one, but 2 franchise cornerstones.

Tanking isn't perfect, but its far and away the Bulls best and probably only chance at getting the players they need to contend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
It would be pretty awesome if the Bulls made the playoffs this year. #The Return#The Finnisher#The Mirocle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
long time guy wrote:

That was a ballsy pick. The kid failed at IU, goes to ISU and puts together a good couple of years against Mid Valley Conference foes, and you choose him 6th understanding he probably won't join the club until next year. Saw a quote from Red about the decision to draft him early...something to the effect that a year was a very short time...but I don't see how he could have been so sure the kid wasn't going to be a headcase coming out of ISU. He must have met Bird, or knew someone that knew him very well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
From what I see the Jason Kidd Bucks ought to tank with the next SUPER STAR :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bulls are only 6.5 games out of a playoff spot after humbling the Bucks again last night! #WellDunn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
beni hanna wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That was a ballsy pick. The kid failed at IU, goes to ISU and puts together a good couple of years against Mid Valley Conference foes, and you choose him 6th understanding he probably won't join the club until next year. Saw a quote from Red about the decision to draft him early...something to the effect that a year was a very short time...but I don't see how he could have been so sure the kid wasn't going to be a headcase coming out of ISU. He must have met Bird, or knew someone that knew him very well.

I can only assume you are too young to have seen Bird play in college. He wasn’t really a question mark.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I can only assume you are too young to have seen Bird play in college. He wasn’t really a question mark.

I was old enough, and had heard of him before he hit Sports Illustrated cover. Just couldn't get multiple updates on his success due to my proximity to the great Midwest. Given he flamed out or whatever at IU, I still think it took some guts to know that wasn't going to happen again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
beni hanna wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I was old enough, and had heard of him before he hit Sports Illustrated cover. Just couldn't get multiple updates on his success due to my proximity to the great Midwest. Given he flamed out or whatever at IU, I still think it took some guts to know that wasn't going to happen again.

How did Bird in anyway fail or flame out at Indiana? He left after one month because he was homesick. Hardly a red flag for an NBA team unless you were worried about him getting homesick and quitting the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
It would be pretty awesome if the Bulls made the playoffs this year. #The Return#The Finnisher#The Mirocle

Just got a bit closer.

Get on the bandwagon now folks. Hottest team in the East in the past month.

To rock my soul