It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Diane Feinstein
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The problem I have with that theory is that these congressmen, many of whom were/are never-Trumpers are going to bat to such a degree for a guy many of them hate.

Do you think the Tea Partiers were thrilled with his immigration meeting yesterday? Suddenly Tucker Carlson wants him impeached more than a black lesbian in a pussy hat does. :lol:

Republicans recognize that Trump has zero principles. Put any type of legislation in front of him and he'll sign it. MANY Republicans recognize the beauty of that carte blanche.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
I know JORR missed it this morning but starting at page 76 and for more than 10 pages they're discussing Steele.

Like JORR said, pretty boring stuff.

So why are the right wing defenders of the morbidly wealthy continually attempting to cover it up and lie about it?

The nothing to see here, move along crowd is fueling this.

From what I've seen so far, the most interesting part of Simpson's testimony concerns the assertion that in 2016 many Russians were aware of Trump's relationship with the Kremlin. This information was "just sitting there," he says. "It wasn't a big secret."

This description of the intelligence-gathering environment contradicts the idea that Steele had to use extraordinary measures, including bribery or fabrication, to develop what became the collusion investigation.

The trump sons have been publicly boasting about that for years

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The problem I have with that theory is that these congressmen, many of whom were/are never-Trumpers are going to bat to such a degree for a guy many of them hate.

Do you think the Tea Partiers were thrilled with his immigration meeting yesterday? Suddenly Tucker Carlson wants him impeached more than a black lesbian in a pussy hat does. :lol:

Republicans recognize that Trump has zero principles. Put any type of legislation in front of him and he'll sign it. MANY Republicans recognize the beauty of that carte blanche.

So, can someone provide that long list of legislation for us neophytes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm sure that JORR will get on it and get right back to ya!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's the bigger issue. They control both segments of Congress and can't pass anything.

Take a look at the tax bill. It's the antithesis of his populist campaign. And yet he couldn't wait to sign it to show he accomplish something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Politics. Trump is more useful than a democrat could be and the base loves him. That's why Graham blows kisses at him. Grassley is just a loyal Republican.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's the bigger issue. They control both segments of Congress and can't pass anything.

Take a look at the tax bill. It's the antithesis of his populist campaign. And yet he couldn't wait to sign it to show he accomplish something.

I guess that bankruptcy filings are accomplishments in Trump's mind as well. And his supporters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So you working theory is, "they recognize carte blanche, they just aren't able to do carte blanche?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So you working theory is, "they recognize carte blanche, they just aren't able to do carte blanche?"

there is this other party...democrats. plus republican infighting that has cost legislation like obamacare repeal. perhaps if you peruse the news instead of the bible you may recognize these things? i dunno. condescension aside, i wish you a blessed day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I guess that bankruptcy filings are accomplishments in Trump's mind as well. And his supporters.

MANY believe that he is sacrificing to save the country.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

there is this other party...democrats. plus republican infighting that has cost legislation like obamacare repeal. perhaps if you peruse the news instead of the bible you may recognize these things? i dunno. condescension aside, i wish you a blessed day.

I'm reading your posts which make baseless accusations and somehow make McNown seem bi-partisan.

Sorry fore asking you to provide ANY sort of proof for what you posted.

Was hoping you would retire John Kirkwood in 2018. Oh well...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Regular Reader wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
I know JORR missed it this morning but starting at page 76 and for more than 10 pages they're discussing Steele.

So why are the right wing defenders of the morbidly wealthy continually attempting to cover it up and lie about it?

From what I've seen so far, the most interesting part of Simpson's testimony concerns the assertion that in 2016 many Russians were aware of Trump's relationship with the Kremlin. This information was "just sitting there," he says. "It wasn't a big secret."

This description of the intelligence-gathering environment contradicts the idea that Steele had to use extraordinary measures, including bribery or fabrication, to develop what became the collusion investigation.

About their relationship with THE KREMLIN? I haven't seen that, especially not in the context Simpson seems to be discussing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

About their relationship with THE KREMLIN? I haven't seen that, especially not in the context Simpson seems to be discussing.

One of the Trump boys bragged about loans or relationships in Russia. That seemed to contradict the president.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Politics. Trump is more useful than a democrat could be and the base loves him. That's why Graham blows kisses at him. Grassley is just a loyal Republican.

Well, we discussed these people that twist their brains around trying to figure out how to put Hillary Clinton in the White House, but the sane among us know that isn't going to happen. Best case is you get Pence. I'm sure most rank and file Republicans would love that.

And I would amend your statement to Trump has a base that loves him, but that base isn't the entire Republican base and their are MANY traditional Conservatives/Tea Partiers who loathe him as much as the Democrats do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nas wrote:
One of the Trump boys bragged about loans or relationships in Russia. That seemed to contradict the president.

I did find this. But it's Trump denying Russain ties, but NW finding ties to them investing in the US in his developments.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-ol ... ida-715733

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
I did find this. But it's Trump denying Russain ties, but NW finding ties to them investing in the US in his developments.

Simpson was asked a lot of questions about Prevezon. It seems as if Trump had nothing to do with that and the case was settled by the New York office without any input from the DOJ/Sessions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well, we discussed these people that twist their brains around trying to figure out how to put Hillary Clinton in the White House, but the sane among us know that isn't going to happen. Best case is you get Pence. I'm sure most rank and file Republicans would love that.

And I would amend your statement to Trump has a base that loves him, but that base isn't the entire Republican base and their are MANY traditional Conservatives/Tea Partiers who loathe him as much as the Democrats do.

I'll take Trump over Pence every day of the week. I would become the biggest Trumpet if those were my options. Not defending the president hurts republicans with the people they need in 2018. The base decides midterm elections.

To get Pence means you lose Trump. His base of about 40 million people would go nuts. All 40 million are reliable Trump voters. It feels like a cult when you talk to them. Worse than older black voters and Bill Clinton. If I'm a Republican politician I don't want to lose them. If it means holding hands with a guy I despise so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Simpson was asked a lot of questions about Prevezon. It seems as if Trump had nothing to do with that and the case was settled by the New York office without any input from the DOJ/Sessions.

Is one of them the guy who paid $100M for a "dump" the president bought for $40M and then tore it down? Something tells me that's not a great way to wash money.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Is one of them the guy who paid $100M for a "dump" the president bought for $40M and then tore it down? Something tells me that's not a great way to wash money.

I think that was in Florida, wasn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I don't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Bingo!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:54 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Bingo!

Someone was quoted as saying that the Russians "saved Trump's bacon" years ago. They were listed as the primary reason that he didn't go completely bankrupt years ago. I think that it related to payoffs that he received for helping them launder money. Real Estate and Casinos (both of which Trump was actively involved with) are two of the easier ways in which a person can launder money. I can't remember the person that wrote the book but I think it was David Cay Johnston.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Bingo!

Someone was quoted as saying that the Russians "saved Trump's bacon" years ago. They were listed as the primary reason that he didn't go completely bankrupt years ago. I think that it related to payoffs that he received for helping them launder money. Real Estate and Casinos (both of which Trump was actively involved with) are two of the easier ways in which a person can launder money. I can't remember the person that wrote the book but I think it was David Cay Johnston.

What does that mean though? It's not illegal to do business with Russians. And are we investigating Trump's business practices or political collusion with foreign governments, specifically regarding the 2016 presidential election?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
What does that mean though? It's not illegal to do business with Russians. And are we investigating Trump's business practices or political collusion with foreign governments, specifically regarding the 2016 presidential election?

Maybe the end game is to just follow where Mueller wants until they look into Trump's business past far enough to embarrass him enough to quit.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

A couple of things.

If Trump was laundering money for these guys, I have NO doubt that Mueller will find that.

If Trump isn't found to have not colluded or laundered money, who here will actually accept the fact that he may be innocent of all of it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
A couple of things.

If Trump was laundering money for these guys, I have NO doubt that Mueller will find that.

If Trump isn't found to have not colluded or laundered money, who here will actually accept the fact that he may be innocent of all of it?

I won't care. The intelligence community have already said he didnt collude and it's almost impossible to nail a president for obstruction of justice. I never thought about money laundering until RR mentioned it and his son or son-in-law would fall for that before him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's not illegal to do business with Russians. And are we investigating Trump's business practices or political collusion with foreign governments, specifically regarding the 2016 presidential election?

They may have been/are one and the same, hence possibly part of the refusal to disclose his tax returns.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
A couple of things.

I won't care. The intelligence community have already said he didnt collude and it's almost impossible to nail a president for obstruction of justice. I never thought about money laundering until RR mentioned it and his son or son-in-law would fall for that before him.

So why are we bothering with all this?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's not illegal to do business with Russians. And are we investigating Trump's business practices or political collusion with foreign governments, specifically regarding the 2016 presidential election?

They may have been/are one and the same, hence possibly part of the refusal to disclose his tax returns.

I suppose that's possible, but there really hasn't been any evidence to suggest such a thing. I find it much more likely that he doesn't want to release his tax returns because he isn't the billionaire he likes to claim to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No Trump has already been linked to money laundering. Casinos in which he'd previously owned were fined millions as part of money laundering violations.

http://www.newyorker.com/business/adam- ... businesses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next