It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lyle Lanley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
He really pulled a fast one on the people of California.

Well, sir, there's nothin' on Earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car high speed rail!

https://reason.com/blog/2018/01/17/cali ... train-abou

You have to applaud him for selling them on this scam.

Post subject: Re: Lyle Lanley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This just might beat out the Big Dig is government construction clusterfucks.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
And his Large Band .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
And his Large Band .

:lol:

Bad...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 am 

it worked in Ogdenville and North Haverbrook.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Running express trains from O'Hare Lot F (where they're building a big parking garage/rental car facility that connects to the people mover) to Union Station would be a good rail project. Not sure whether that necessitates laying down more track, I don't actually know anything about train stuff, I just like interesting public spaces like Union Station and alternatives to driving.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Running express trains from O'Hare Lot F (where they're building a big parking garage/rental car facility that connects to the people mover) to Union Station would be a good rail project. Not sure whether that necessitates laying down more track, I don't actually know anything about train stuff, I just like interesting public spaces like Union Station and alternatives to driving.

I think that type of project is being considered in connection to light rail like the L as opposed to heavy rail like Metra. I think the plan is to connect under Block 37 and OHare. Im not sure if that is still the plan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If they build an express train to shave 15 minutes of the trip to/from ORD instead of doing something to actually improve transit you should revolt.

I couldn't think of a more pointless idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think that type of project is being considered in connection to light rail like the L as opposed to heavy rail like Metra. I think the plan is to connect under Block 37 and OHare. Im not sure if that is still the plan

Metra and the L are both heavy rail. Light rail is like streetcars and trams and stuff. I don't get it either.

I don't think anything is being attempted with Block 37 anymore, but yeah, I know they wanted to run express trains on the Blue Line, but that would be loads more expensive than expanding the North Central Line instead, which I think already has a third track in some but not all spots.

America wrote:
If they build an express train to shave 15 minutes of the trip to/from ORD instead of doing something to actually improve transit you should revolt.

Loop Link! Express trains from O'Hare to downtown are actually a pretty good idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Technically the L is classed as heavy rail.

edit: CH beat me to it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

America wrote:

Loop Link! Express trains from O'Hare to downtown are actually a pretty good idea.

Such a project would be as useless as Heathrow Express. Anytime I've flown to Heathrow, I've just taken the tube instead. I think most people flying into ORD would take the blue line. Besides, how many people flying into ORD are really going direct to downtown? Even a business traveler is going to rent a car on the company's dime.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Obviously on the things wrong with society scale it’s far far down the list but it’s too bad our infrastructure forefathers didn’t make 8 lane expressways with super wide main thoroughfares around major cities along with multiple main tracks on rail lines .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Obviously on the things wrong with society scale it’s far far down the list but it’s too bad our infrastructure forefathers didn’t make 8 lane expressways with super wide main thoroughfares around major cities along with multiple main tracks on rail lines .

Counterpoint: the Kennedy and Dan Ryan are bad