It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Delta Air Lines
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Again, RR wants people moving overseas to euthanize or give up their pets because it's too much of an inconvenience for him to be on the same aircraft as an animal. That's reasonable.

If it isn't a well trained service animal, put it in cargo with the other pets. It's isn't other people's fault that (the generic) you are mentally shaky and/or a bad pet owner. Nor are you particularly special.

You don't even have to go that far. Keep your pet in a carrier if he/she fits. America's idea about specialized cabins with pet accommodations is a good one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Again, RR wants people moving overseas to euthanize or give up their pets because it's too much of an inconvenience for him to be on the same aircraft as an animal. That's reasonable.

If it isn't a well trained service animal, put it in cargo with the other pets. It's isn't other people's fault that (the generic) you are mentally shaky and/or a bad pet owner. Nor are you particularly special.

This is the correct response.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
America's idea about specialized cabins with pet accommodations is a good one.

No it isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:31 pm 

America wrote:

Give the pet to someone else and euthanize yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Why is America so angry about this? Did an Uber driver not allow your tabby cat in his Ford Focus recently?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
America wrote:

Give the pet to someone else and euthanize yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Somebody posted about a recent flight where a guy literally smeared shit all over the bathroom..what's the big deal about a pet?

Crying baby is 100x worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
Somebody posted about a recent flight where a guy literally smeared shit all over the bathroom..what's the big deal about a pet?

Crying baby is 100x worse.

Babies don't put you in the hospital and eventually you can calm them down.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
America's idea about specialized cabins with pet accommodations is a good one.

No it isn't.

Its a great idea. Charge $1000 per animal plus the cost of the owner's ticket.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Pets belong in the hold, or in carriers. There was https://petairways.com/ for a while, but they seem to have folded due to lack of funds and are just using the company name to sell private plane access.
Service animals belong in the cabin.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
America wrote:
Ok yea the point is they have no other choice you fucking idiot.

You expect people moving across continents to just leave their animals behind? That's bad. Reevaluate yourself.

Honestly if I was moving to Europe and I couldn't accompany my dog on an airplane, I would probably take a boat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The fact that RR and others are opposed to even specially modfied 767's that include kennels and a price premium speaks to a serious antisocial tendency of theirs that really undervalues the life of animals and people who care about them. Remember this the next time he bitches about police or something else. He is a manipulative sociopath. He wants animals tortured, and any option to prevent this is repulsive to him.

If you have any doubts notice that a known pedophile agrees with RR. These people are not fit for western society.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 pm 

There is a very obvious way to offset the increased cost of kennels on board select trans-continental aircraft with decreased standard coach fares. Seriously, it's not a difficult proposition. People like me trying to save money would gladly share a plane with dogs, and those savings could be more than made up for by airlines charging a premium to pet owners.

The fact that some on this board would rather animals be sentenced to a near death experience in cargo is distressing..I really do not feel comfortable sharing any opinions with these people. It's really revolting behavior that shows our species has grown more hateful of the other kinds of creatures we share this planet with. If there was an alternative I would understand, but there really isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm 

newper wrote:
America wrote:
Ok yea the point is they have no other choice you fucking idiot.

You expect people moving across continents to just leave their animals behind? That's bad. Reevaluate yourself.

Honestly if I was moving to Europe and I couldn't accompany my dog on an airplane, I would probably take a boat.

There is one boat that accommodates you, and it may not be available when you need it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 pm 

spmack wrote:
Why is America so angry about this? Did an Uber driver not allow your tabby cat in his Ford Focus recently?

Yea why should anyone be upset that other people are totally fine with suffocating dogs in sub-zero temperatures? That is a totally normal thing for people to be ok with.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 pm 

Do you take issue with forging service animal credentials so a pet can ride with you for free? That seems unfair to people who genuinely need the accommodations.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:11 pm 

There is no other option. It's either lie and make sure your pet is safe or tell the truth and hope that ground/flight crew insure your let arrives safely. I would not trust the latter happening on any carrier, particularly those affiliated with UA, AA or Delta.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 pm 

The fact that there is no other options is indicative of the airlines' blasé attitude towards the reality that they are almost soley responsible for the movement of humans from one continent to another.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 pm 

When I've flown with JetBlue, they've allowed pets in the cabin provided they're small enough not to get in the way, along with service dogs. I think that's fair for domestic flights.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
When I've flown with JetBlue, they've allowed pets in the cabin provided they're small enough not to get in the way, along with service dogs. I think that's fair for domestic flights.

But I don't think that gesture is even needed on domestic flights unless they are to/from Hawaii. This is really a matter of necessity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
It's cruel to fly a dog to Hawaii, they have to sit in quarantine for months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 pm 

Pet owners can get around the quarantine if they are prepared. Oz/NZ are a different story, but it still isn't up to the airlines to make that call.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 pm 

America wrote:
The fact that RR and others are opposed to even specially modfied 767's that include kennels and a price premium speaks to a serious antisocial tendency of theirs that really undervalues the life of animals and people who care about them. Remember this the next time he bitches about police or something else. He is a manipulative sociopath. He wants animals tortured, and any option to prevent this is repulsive to him.

If you have any doubts notice that a known pedophile agrees with RR. These people are not fit for western society.

Just how delusional are you? With your irrational reading, you've falsely accused me of being gay, in favor of killing dogs, or being anti fitting planes to accommodate weirdos like you .

Seek help. $5 @ a time if need be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 am 

You are a genuinely evil person and I will not forget this exchange.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
I like dogs, I like cats, I like animals in general. But hearing someone's lapdog yapping in a plane for three hours is no fun and adds unnecessary stress to flying. It's bad enough to have crying babies, we can't have a whole menagerie in every plane.

Right. This is one of those things where I just don’t understand society. Dogs don’t need to travel abroad. They generally don’t need to travel by air ever unless it would be a one time moving situation. I love dogs but this debate is fucking dumb.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:08 am 

America wrote:
There is a very obvious way to offset the increased cost of kennels on board select trans-continental aircraft with decreased standard coach fares. Seriously, it's not a difficult proposition. People like me trying to save money would gladly share a plane with dogs, and those savings could be more than made up for by airlines charging a premium to pet owners.

The fact that some on this board would rather animals be sentenced to a near death experience in cargo is distressing..I really do not feel comfortable sharing any opinions with these people. It's really revolting behavior that shows our species has grown more hateful of the other kinds of creatures we share this planet with. If there was an alternative I would understand, but there really isn't.

:lol:

This is either a B- for effort, F for execution troll job or you’re officially a more lost cause that Julie Dicaro socially.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:09 am 

Well in this global economy of ours there are a lot of people who move abroad for long periods of time. Should they really be forced to put down their dog because RR is upset at the mere concept of an animal being on a plane?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 am 

America wrote:
Well in this global economy of ours there are a lot of people who move abroad for long periods of time. Should they really be forced to put down their dog because RR is upset at the mere concept of an animal being on a plane?

I guess I just can’t be sympathetic to that plight. I think if you’re well off enough to be offered a job in a different country you’re well off enough to choose between a pet and a job. Even then you wouldn’t need to choose though. If you’re moving abroad then bring your pet with you when you move. If you’re traveling from like Cleveland to Orlando then be an adult and make accommodations for your pet and don’t bring it with you needlessly. This should be simple shit. Unfortunately there is a large contingent of dog/pet owners making the rest look bad with their pathetic attachment to their dog/pets. It’s making the rest of air traveling folks have a worse time because of this. Easy sentiment to understand. Harder to rectify in practice but it should still be possible.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:34 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I think if you’re well off enough to be offered a job in a different country you’re well off enough to choose between a pet and a job.

Wtf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:02 am 

Also 312's earlier point is still true. The average dog is better behaved than the average American.