It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Daley already holds some chair there so I don't know why Bannon would be troubling

People need to see where the birth of the worst economic/political theories of the last 50 years occurred and then nurtured. And where some of the worst "jurists" worked up perverse legal/political theories to support them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
2. Harvarad

Baranabyis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I stand by my comment. Unless you live in Chicago, no one ever hears about University of Chicago. I'm not arguing that it isn't a great university, I'm just saying most people outside of Chicago would not really know that. Most people look at that US News list and say "really?". I think it has a great deal to do with the conference which they are in. Were they an Ivy League school, they would have much more recognition.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
I stand by my comment. Unless you live in Chicago, no one ever hears about University of Chicago. I'm not arguing that it isn't a great university, I'm just saying most people outside of Chicago would not really know that. Most people look at that US News list and say "really?". I think it has a great deal to do with the conference which they are in. Were they an Ivy League school, they would have much more recognition.

Didn't Abner Ravenwood teach there? Frankly, I'm somewhat suspicious of Mr. Ravenwood...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

The problem is that they try to rely on word of mouth, but no one who goes there knows how to talk to other humans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

The problem is that they try to rely on word of mouth, but no one who goes there knows how to talk to other humans.

Fuck you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:23 pm 

Sorry, dated a girl who was even more introverted and prickly than I am. I don't know how it happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:25 pm 

They have a good reputation among the super-smart and grad students--as well as internationally. The U of C is one of the first American universities to brand itself in Asia. They have so much money involved in building overseas and in the HP area that their credit rating recently got downgraded. They have a gutsy and forward-looking administration. I was lucky enough to take some classes there for free; it's really an amazing place.

Weird how their GSB (which periodically threatens to break away from the university as a whole) is so arch-conservative whereas the rest of the university is . . . not at all like that.

Many strange undergrads....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
They need to put up more billboards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
GSB GSB...Governing Student Body?

I would be interested to hear what he has to say. The guy has run amok for a time now. How and why did he do it? In his opinion, what works? Knowing what his ilk is trying to do can be useful when trying to overcome its affects.

I don't think I would set the show up in a way where you just give him a mic and let him speak his mind. Studying the ape in a controlled environment would be best in this instance.

...and :lol: at hatchetman and Dr. Ken's rapid fire response.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I don’t think this is true.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:50 pm 

An all time bad thought stream from BC. Just quit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
tommy wrote:
They have a good reputation among the super-smart and grad students--as well as internationally. The U of C is one of the first American universities to brand itself in Asia. They have so much money involved in building overseas and in the HP area that their credit rating recently got downgraded. They have a gutsy and forward-looking administration. I was lucky enough to take some classes there for free; it's really an amazing place.

Weird how their GSB (which periodically threatens to break away from the university as a whole) is so arch-conservative whereas the rest of the university is . . . not at all like that.

Funded by the Rockefeller,part of the New World Oder.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
GSB GSB...Governing Student Body?

I would be interested to hear what he has to say. The guy has run amok for a time now. How and why did he do it? In his opinion, what works? Knowing what his ilk is trying to do can be useful when trying to overcome its affects.

I don't think I would set the show up in a way where you just give him a mic and let him speak his mind. Studying the ape in a controlled environment would be best in this instance.

...and :lol: at hatchetman and Dr. Ken's rapid fire response.

Whoops....Booth School of Business.

Dr. Ken once again reveals that he would wear the black hat in a cowboy movie. Do not let him fool you. (He has a sexy voice, though.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
tommy wrote:

Not sure about that, but there's no doubt that he and Carnegie really had a special vision when it came to donating to the public good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
tommy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
tommy wrote:

Not sure about that, but there's no doubt that he and Carnegie really had a special vision when it came to donating to the public good.

https://www.uchicago.edu/about/history/

An initial pledge of $600,000 (more than $25 million in today’s currency) from John D. Rockefeller, along with contributions from the American Baptist Education Society and land from Marshall Field, helped to found the University of Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:

I found them bizarre when I visited but that could be said of 90% of the schools I visited.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Douchebag wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Guarantee his appearance will be cancelled by the school.

Nah, he's one of the good ones now.

Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
tommy wrote:
Whoops....Booth School of Business.

Dr. Ken once again reveals that he would wear the black hat in a cowboy movie. Do not let him fool you. (He has a sexy voice, though.)

GSB was correct up until 8 or 10 years ago.

Modern day Lee Marvin here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
An all time bad thought stream from BC. Just quit.

Never stops you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
University of Chicago is extremely well known and respected by people who would be hiring graduates from that school. Perhaps your HR rep from Carrier or Rotorooter would not respect it, but that won't be a big problem for a graduate.

In other news, let me tell you a tale about University of Chicago and the Arizona Cardinals. As some of you may know, the Arizona Cardinals were originally known as the Chicago Cardinals, but most do not know of the origin of the name. Back in the 1800s, the University of Chicago had a pretty nationally powerful football team. They were a founder of the Big Ten conference; Amos Alonzo Stagg was the coach of the team for forty years. In 1898, a painting and building contractor named Chris O'Brien started an amateur football team at the time known as the Morgan Athletic Club. In 1901, he purchased some used uniforms from the University of Chicago -- their colors, as you may know, are maroon and white. The uniforms were very faded however, and as the team had relocated to Racine Avenue, he renamed the team as the Racine Cardinals, claiming the uniforms were cardinal red. The team disbanded in 1906 due to lack of local competition, but when local opponents such as the Decatur Staleys, Chicago Tigers, and Hammond Pros came into being, the Racine Cardinals came back into existence. The NFL bookkeeper had recorded the Cardinals as being from Racine, Wisconsin, which caused a 1922 rename to the Chicago Cardinals and they moved to Comiskey Park that same year. One would assume that they bought new jerseys at some point, but it was the University of Chicago that led to the team's name and has lasted for over a century.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:39 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
tommy wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
tommy wrote:

https://www.uchicago.edu/about/history/

An initial pledge of $600,000 (more than $25 million in today’s currency) from John D. Rockefeller, along with contributions from the American Baptist Education Society and land from Marshall Field, helped to found the University of Chicago.

No, I mean I wasn't sure Rockefeller was part of the New World Order.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 am 

newper wrote:
University of Chicago is extremely well known and respected by people who would be hiring graduates from that school. Perhaps your HR rep from Carrier or Rotorooter would not respect it, but that won't be a big problem for a graduate.

In other news, let me tell you a tale about University of Chicago and the Arizona Cardinals. As some of you may know, the Arizona Cardinals were originally known as the Chicago Cardinals, but most do not know of the origin of the name. Back in the 1800s, the University of Chicago had a pretty nationally powerful football team. They were a founder of the Big Ten conference; Amos Alonzo Stagg was the coach of the team for forty years. In 1898, a painting and building contractor named Chris O'Brien started an amateur football team at the time known as the Morgan Athletic Club. In 1901, he purchased some used uniforms from the University of Chicago -- their colors, as you may know, are maroon and white. The uniforms were very faded however, and as the team had relocated to Racine Avenue, he renamed the team as the Racine Cardinals, claiming the uniforms were cardinal red. The team disbanded in 1906 due to lack of local competition, but when local opponents such as the Decatur Staleys, Chicago Tigers, and Hammond Pros came into being, the Racine Cardinals came back into existence. The NFL bookkeeper had recorded the Cardinals as being from Racine, Wisconsin, which caused a 1922 rename to the Chicago Cardinals and they moved to Comiskey Park that same year. One would assume that they bought new jerseys at some point, but it was the University of Chicago that led to the team's name and has lasted for over a century.

Didn't the old Cardinals beat the Tigers in a "loser leaves the NFL" game?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Sorry, dated a girl who was even more introverted and prickly than I am. I don't know how it happened.

I don't know how you dated so girl either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:18 am 

newper wrote:

The U of C Maroons, the original Monsters of the Midway. The really is nothing original about the Bears. Illini colors & first star, mascot derived from the Cubs and nickname & offense(?) stolen from the Maroons. Where the Halas' really gypsies?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:07 pm 

It is pretty stupid that people still call the Bears that despite them not playing near the Plaisance. I suppose everyone takes it to mean the airport now, which they also don't play near.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I don't know how you dated so girl either.

I love you too, Douchebag.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
It is pretty stupid that people still call the Bears that despite them not playing near the Plaisance. I suppose everyone takes it to mean the airport now, which they also don't play near.

The Chicago Bears, terror of the midway...more like the Chicago chipmunks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The Chicago Bears, terror of the midway...more like the Chicago chipmunks

"Well, for Christ's sake, the Sox traded Bullfrog... the only player they've got, for Shottenhoffer. 'Four Eyes' Shottenhoffer, a utility infielder. Got a whole goddamn team of utility infielders."