It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Lori Loughlin... still would

shoulda just claimed to be native american

https://abc7chicago.com/actresses-ceos-charged-in-alleged-college-admissions-scam/5186103/

Quote:
According to court documents, Huffman and her husband -- actor William H. Macy -- "made a purported charitable contribution of $15,000...to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme on behalf of her eldest daughter. Huffman later made arrangements to pursue the scheme a second time, for her younger daughter, before deciding not to do so."

Federal agents say they have recorded telephone calls with Huffman and a cooperating witness. Macy is not charged or named in court documents.

The documents say that Loughlin and her husband "agreed to pay bribes totaling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team -- despite the fact that they did not participate in crew -- thereby facilitating their admission to USC."

Officials say they have emails from Loughlin.

Both were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=116753

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
oops, my bad... delete thread

edit: in my defense, why the hell was the older thread in politics? i checked view active before posting and never considered it to be political

Last edited by billypootons on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
billypootons wrote:

Have Mercy!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
They paid 500 large to have the kid listed as a recruit? Another parent paid a Yale Soccer coach 400k to have her on the team? You'd think with that amount of money they'd be connected enough to set these kids up in whatever school or job without having to back up the Brinks truck. What gives?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
billypootons wrote:

edit: in my defense, why the hell was the older thread in politics? i checked view active before posting and never considered it to be political

Hush....I had no idea who LL was until I saw that photo. You're doing yeoman's work, friend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:08 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
They paid 500 large to have the kid listed as a recruit? Another parent paid a Yale Soccer coach 400k to have her on the team? You'd think with that amount of money they'd be connected enough to set these kids up in whatever school or job without having to back up the Brinks truck. What gives?

I'm guessing that this is the parents purchasing prestige since they didn't pass any intelligence down genetically.

Some people defend this, saying it's a boon for universities (the way football made Alabama and Notre Dame better schools). But these schools, apart from the UC ones, are flush with dough re mi.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I'm guessing that this is the parents purchasing prestige since they didn't pass any intelligence down genetically.

Some people defend this, saying it's a boon for universities (the way football made Alabama and Notre Dame better schools). But these schools, apart from the UC ones, are flush with dough re mi.

That's making quite the leap. You actually have to have intelligence to be able to pass it down. Do we have confirmation on there SAT/IQ scores? Prairie State testing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:38 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

That's making quite the leap. You actually have to have intelligence to be able to pass it down.

Well, I agree with that....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
billypootons wrote:

It'll eventually become about Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff's Neck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:13 pm 

It would have been more cost effective to just start a team and make your kid the star player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The money might get their kid into a school, and it sucks for the more deserving applicant that winds up denied admission. But the kid still has to be able to do the work to get the degree. It really sucks for the kids that didn't know this was ever done on their behalf and now whatever they have done in school is forever tarnished.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The money might get their kid into a school, and it sucks for the more deserving applicant that winds up denied admission. But the kid still has to be able to do the work to get the degree. It really sucks for the kids that didn't know this was ever done on their behalf and now whatever they have done in school is forever tarnished.

Yes yes, they truly are the biggest victims here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: *
SpiralStairs wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yes yes, they truly are the biggest victims here.

And they knew

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Lori is facing a lot of more criticism and more legal fallout as she did it twice
As Felicity did it once.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Passepartout wrote:
Lori is facing a lot of more criticism and more legal fallout as she did it twice
As Felicity did it once.

And she is in Canada and may never come back to the US to face her charges.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hussra wrote:

Saw that last night. She would rather blog about drinking and partying. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:16 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
That's making quite the leap. You actually have to have intelligence to be able to pass it down. Do we have confirmation on there SAT/IQ scores? Prairie State testing?

They used paid-for proctors and bogus disability claims to post the necessary SAT scores:

supposedly "SPOUSE" in this transcript is Macy:

and this is Huffman talking about how she wants the same deal for the one daughter that they pulled off with the older daughter:

Quote:
From the complaint:

In a telephone call with CW-1 on or about October 23, 2018, HUFFMAN discussed repeating the SAT cheating scheme for her younger daughter. The call, which was consensually recorded, is excerpted below.
CW-1 Okay. Great. So I also just wanted to let you know that the– the guy who took the test for [your older daughter], [CW-2]–
HUFFMAN Yeah.
CW-1 –he just had a baby.
HUFFMAN Aw.
CW-1 So if– so I need to give him at least three weeks’ notice, if you want to take the tes– want us to take the test for [your younger daughter] in December.
HUFFMAN Okay. So that takes us to like November-something. Okay. I won’t– I won’t know until she takes that– the practice test, of when we should take it. I mean, unless you want to play it safe and do it in March.
CW-1 The next test date would be February. So let’s try to plan for December.
165. In a call with CW-1 on or about November 12, 2018, HUFFMAN confirmed that she wanted to proceed with the cheating scheme, but probably only after her daughter first took the exam on her own, without cheating. CW-1 has advised law enforcement agents that, in such instances—when parents had their children first take the exams by themselves, to see how they scored without cheating—CW-1 would typically direct CW-2 to ensure that their second score did not increase by more than 30 percent from the first “baseline” score, in order to avoid any suspicion of cheating. Excerpts from the call, which was consensually recorded, are set forth below.
CW-1 Okay, great. Okay. So then, the question I have for you, because [what] I’m not sure is, I know she’s– she’s preparing with [a tutor]. Is she–
HUFFMAN Uh-huh.
CW-1 –going to make that with her extended time at her school or are we going to do like what we–with [your older daughter], where [CW-2] —
HUFFMAN We’re going to do like we did with [my older daughter].
CW-1 Okay. So [CW-2] will take it with her and for her at Igor’s place at [the West Hollywood Test Center]. So–
HUFFMAN Yes.
CW-1 Because I’ll need to do the paperwork for that. And you’re okay with that?
HUFFMAN Yeah, totally.
CW-1 Okay, okay. All right. So then when we get closer to that point, or over– maybe I’ll have it done over the next week or so–
HUFFMAN Yeah.
CW-1 –[inaudible] the paperwork set up to move that forward.
HUFFMAN Okay. Now, my only thing, [CW-1], is– sorry it’s loud in here. I’m outside. But is that I’m pretty sure– we are doing it the same way as [with my older daughter]? I’m pretty sure with [my younger daughter] that she’s going to want to take it twice no matter what.
CW-1 Okay.
….
HUFFMAN So do we do it twice then?
CW-1 The– well, that’s– that’s a good — well, how about– let’s do this. Why don’t we– why don’t we work to get a first score, and then we already have a baseline? Because what happens is, if she takes it and doesn’t do well the first time —
HUFFMAN Yeah.
CW-1 –then we can only go up a certain amount the second time.
HUFFMAN Yeah. No, I totally figured that. I just know that no matter what, she’s so academically driven–
CW-1 Okay.
HUFFMAN –that no matter what happens, even if we go, “This is a great score,” that she’ll go, “I really want to take it again.”
CW-1 Okay.
HUFFMAN I just wanted to give you a heads-up, so I just thought then she’ll just take it twice in that– in the– you know, in [the West Hollywood Test Center] or whatever that place was.
CW-1 Okay, go– gotcha. Okay. All right. So–
HUFFMAN All right.
CW-1 So I’m going to– I’ll talk to Igor and [CW-2], confirm that we can get a March– the March test date on that Saturday.
HUFFMAN Great.
….
CW-1 I just need you– yeah. I just need to get Igor confirmed that–
HUFFMAN Mm-hmm.
CW-1 –that we can use his site.
HUFFMAN Okay.
CW-1 And I need to get [CW-2] confirmed that he can fly in and take the test with and for [your younger daughter] so that I can make sure that they’re available.
HUFFMAN Okay, that sounds great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
tommy wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Hush....I had no idea who LL was until I saw that photo. You're doing yeoman's work, friend.

Check out the 60s beach movie parody “Back to the Beach” for some nice bikini scenes with LL (& numerous others). I also recommend the movie for the variety of guest stars, music (Stevie Ray and Dick Dale are great), and general goofiness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:36 am 

This is certainly a way to show your kids how much you love them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This is certainly a way to show your kids how much you are embarrassed by them.

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hussra wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 am 

Poor Felicity Huffman stuck next to the age-defying Lori Loughlin

Huffman is not attractive to begin with but she looks like a Gremlin next to Aunt Becky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

Huffman is not attractive to begin with but she looks like a Gremlin next to Aunt Becky
:lol: Really. Her and Uncle Jesse look basically the same as they did twenty years ago on Full House.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
rogers park bryan wrote:

Lori reminds me of Markie Post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I seriously doubt the kids didn't know when they were being put on athletic teams of sports they did not play.

When sports and academics are put together there are all plenty of college athletes that would not qualify for college other than for the athletic prowess they possess. Some guys can dunk a ball, but education-wise they probably couldn't finish high school. When athletes are good the schools tend to look the other way that includes people taking their tests for them and doing whatever it takes to get them into the program and to keep them academically eligible.

I realize that this whole thing is fraud and bribery, but honestly if someone wants to pay extra money for their kid to get into a school why not just have the schools facilitate that? If they can make exceptions for minorities with lower test scores, why not include a category of "dumb rich kids"? Kids with rich parents reap all sorts of benefits. Knowing or being related to an alumnus of a school in a world where all things are equal should not affect admission's standards, but it definitely does. We could ask the question, "Why do relatives of Chicago newscasters get gigs as newscasters?" It just means if you have a famous relative that is often the break to get into a job or a college.

If the Ivy League was based on test scores wouldn't the schools be more half Asian students--because those students tend to have the best scores.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:43 pm 

Title IX requirement that colleges issue as many athletic scholarships for women as they do for men make it somewhat easier for a female with any sort of athletic prowess to land an athletic scholarship. It also creates weird distortions like major universities not having official men's soccer teams but having fully supported with scholarships women's soccer teams. Florida, FSU, Miami, USC, Arizona, Texas and many others have scholarship women's soccer but not university supported men's soccer. I assume that's to balance out the football scholarships.