All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tammy Duckworth!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Obviously just jealous that Trump has (bone spurs in his) heels.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I still can't think you are FF or some cheesehead when you post now. How long must this last?

March 1st

It’s a shame I wasn’t more confident in my Eagles. Should’ve made it last til next year’s game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Curious Hair wrote:
I dunno, you can get Trump on a lot of things, but trying to avoid killing and dying in a stupid and unjust war isn't one of them. Like the tax stuff, that makes him smart. I know that's hard for Tammy Duckworth to understand because she owes her career to getting maimed in another stupid and unjust war but also being a Democrat, but the draft was bad, Vietnam was bad, and you had to reckon with neither, so lay off.

How someone can post something like this without mentioning the rhetoric routinely employed by JORR's president is historically bad. Plus, my POTUS guy tells me that Trump dressed up in a five star general outfit when he ordered that the bunker buster bomb be dropped on the empty desert. If Dwight Eisenhower was alive today he would curb-stomp you, JORR and Trump in alphabetical order while you begged for a strong letter--a very strong letter on the heels.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I dunno, you can get Trump on a lot of things, but trying to avoid killing and dying in a stupid and unjust war isn't one of them. Like the tax stuff, that makes him smart. I know that's hard for Tammy Duckworth to understand because she owes her career to getting maimed in another stupid and unjust war but also being a Democrat, but the draft was bad, Vietnam was bad, and you had to reckon with neither, so lay off.

How someone can post something like this without mentioning the rhetoric routinely employed by JORR's president is historically bad. Plus, my POTUS guy tells me that Trump dressed up in a five star general outfit when he ordered that the bunker buster bomb be dropped on the empty desert. If Dwight Eisenhower was alive today he would curb-stomp you, JORR and Trump in alphabetical order while you begged for a strong letter--a very strong letter on the heels.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
There are too many instances where the current president is making vociferous statements about those in public office. In this instance and others, it has the appearance of suggesting a change in the approach to the style of government to a more fascist style of rule. A democracy doesn't seem to fit his personality.

I agree with this, but I don't think democracy fits Americans too well, either. We're just peasants who wanted either a kind-but-firm mommy or a strong and abusive daddy to circumvent legislative bodies and benevolently rule over us. If we're getting more fascist, it's because it's what we want.

Not your best work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You're right, Americans love representative democracy, that's why they vote so much and approve of the Congress they vote for.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...
(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to plan a grand parade of the U.S. armed forces in Washington this year to celebrate military strength, officials said Tuesday.

The Washington Post, which was first to report the plan, said Trump wants an elaborate parade this year with soldiers marching and tanks rolling, but no date has been selected.

Muscular military parades of the kind that are common in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea are not quintessentially American. The U.S. traditionally has not embraced showy displays of raw military power, such as North Korea’s parading of ballistic missiles as a claim of international prestige and influence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
You're right, Americans love representative democracy, that's why they vote so much and approve of the Congress they vote for.

Stating "If we're getting more fascist, it's because it's what we want" is well beyond the levels of stupidity allowed around here without comment.

Maybe you want some fascist state, but I doubt MANY share your sentiment, never mind the question as to who the hell "we" is/are?

It was an overly-simplistic observation, unfortunately an unironic one at that, which was then sloppily written with all the aplomb of 3/4-the-way-through-the-book Charlie Gordon. That's not your gimmick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...
(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump has asked the Pentagon to plan a grand parade of the U.S. armed forces in Washington this year to celebrate military strength, officials said Tuesday.

The Washington Post, which was first to report the plan, said Trump wants an elaborate parade this year with soldiers marching and tanks rolling, but no date has been selected.

Muscular military parades of the kind that are common in authoritarian countries like China and North Korea are not quintessentially American. The U.S. traditionally has not embraced showy displays of raw military power, such as North Korea’s parading of ballistic missiles as a claim of international prestige and influence

It's about time for a new national holiday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:36 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...

He can have it only if Joe Biden gets to wreck the parade while driving the "Eat Me"-mobile from Animal House.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...

He wanted that for his inauguration. That's frightening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...

It's about time for a new national holiday.

We could call it “National Road Repavement Day”. Trump can use it to launch his infrastructure package.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:40 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Stating "If we're getting more fascist, it's because it's what we want" is well beyond the levels of stupidity allowed around here without comment.

Maybe you want some fascist state, but I doubt MANY share your sentiment, never mind the question as to who the hell "we" is/are?

It was an overly-simplistic observation, unfortunately an unironic one at that, which was then sloppily written with all the aplomb of 3/4-the-way-through-the-book Charlie Gordon. That's not your gimmick.

It's plain as day that Americans are fine with consolidating power in the executive branch under a charismatic leader, whether that's Trump, Hillary, or Obama. Trump ran on an openly fascist platform and he's the president now. Obama made us feel good about ourselves because he went on late-night talk shows and said "let me be clear, uh, Parks and Recreation is epic bacon" at the correspondents' dinner or whatever, but most of his administration was spent blowing people up from office buildings in Maryland and hedging against what appeared to be a permanently Republican legislature. The results are in and we don't really want to deal with messy democracy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...

He can have it only if Joe Biden gets to wreck the parade while driving the "Eat Me"-mobile from Animal House.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm 

Oh, remember the time CNN did a miniseries about Rahm Emanuel and showed him fending off Nazis with his shirt off? That was definitely not banana-republic shit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There’s also this...

Holy shit, that is almost too good to be true. No way Trump doesn't show up in military garb. Same for Uday and Qusay. Also no way JORR misses that.
For that one day our Great Man Who Descended From Heaven, our Ever-Victorious Iron-Willed Commander, our Dear Leader, who is a perfect incarnation of the appearance that a leader should have, will be our Glorious General Who Descended From Heaven, our Invincible and Triumphant General.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
How can two of the world's most powerful leaders have such shitty haircuts?

At least Trump has the smoking' hot wife- ole' Un there kinda looks of the ghay, not that there's anything wrong with that (outside N Korea, of course)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm 

K Effective wrote:

At least Trump has the smoking' hot wife- ole' Un there kinda looks of the ghay, not that there's anything wrong with that (outside N Korea, of course)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, remember the time CNN did a miniseries about Rahm Emanuel and showed him fending off Nazis with his shirt off? That was definitely not banana-republic shit.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2015/03/30/rahm-emanuel-hates-illinois-nazis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm 

K Effective wrote:

I don't know, Kim seems to speak directly to the people through his hair.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The U.S. traditionally has not embraced showy displays of raw military power

I guess all those B1-B Lancers, B-2 Spirits, B-52's and fucking Blue Angels (all technically nuclear capable platforms, two of which were built for that express purpose) just always happen to be cruising by those air shows then, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

I guess all those B1-B Lancers, B-2 Spirits, B-52's and fucking Blue Angels (all technically nuclear capable platforms, two of which were built for that express purpose) just always happen to be cruising by those air shows then, eh?

Yes, a military parade down PA Avenue is completely the same as an air show .... completely the same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don Tiny wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Yes, a military parade down PA Avenue is completely the same as an air show .... completely the same.

Where did I say they were?

What i did intimate they both were, though, are "showy displays of raw military power", which Zippy's article says the US doesn't embrace, a sentiment I wish to refute directly, one which is refuted directly by the US's actions.

Do you have an argument for one being a "showy display of raw military power" and not the other? I'd love to hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
She really went out on a limb for this guy. Thank you Senator Duckworth!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Quote:
Duckworth, others hope political muscle saves veteran with PTSD from deportation, as options dwindle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:
Duckworth, others hope political muscle saves veteran with PTSD from deportation, as options dwindle

She doesn't have a leg to stand on with this administration.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:

She doesn't have a leg to stand on with this administration.

I'm stumped why you would say that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm 

billypootons wrote:

LOL, she stooped to his level, but won.

Eaglo wrote:
She struck out Trump like she was Jim Abbott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/politics ... 153PMStory

Quote:
Duckworth: Babies should be allowed on Senate floor

WTF, you make 175K a year, find daycare.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/politics/tammy-duckworth-senate-baby-pregnant/index.html?sr=fbCNN030818tammy-duckworth-senate-baby-pregnant0153PMStory

Quote:

I thought she was making a concession to the GOP.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/politics/tammy-duckworth-senate-baby-pregnant/index.html?sr=fbCNN030818tammy-duckworth-senate-baby-pregnant0153PMStory

Quote:

I thought she was making a concession to the GOP.

A different way for her to stand up for herself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Quote:

and a staff and an unlimited amount of college kids who would be willing an unpaid intern