It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SpaceX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr2kKAHN6M

Live video of the car in space.

This test is enough of a success to help put pressure on the federal government to start allocating funds.

Post subject: Re: SpaceX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
What is his end goal besides stroking his massive ego? We aren’t colonizing Mars or the moon with our technology. We’ve already mastered the whole ‘firing rockets into space’ thing. What’s the point of all this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What is his end goal besides stroking his massive ego? We aren’t colonizing Mars or the moon with our technology. We’ve already mastered the whole ‘firing rockets into space’ thing. What’s the point of all this?

That's the end goal, though, right? Colonization of Mars?

Or is it travel? I can't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: *
tommy wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

That's the end goal, though, right? Colonization of Mars?

Correct

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:12 pm 

What does a silly Mars colony fantasy do for us? What is on Mars that benefits humans? I just don’t get it. Exploration for the sake of exploration just doesn’t move the needle for me. Especially if it involves wasting trillions of dollars we don’t have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What does a silly Mars colony fantasy do for us? What is on Mars that benefits humans? I just don’t get it. Exploration for the sake of exploration just doesn’t move the needle for me. Especially if it involves wasting trillions of dollars we don’t have.

This was privately funded I believe, 90M I thought I heard was the number for this launch?

I think it's probably a little bit of both, colonization and "affordable" space travel.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
What's wrong Hank, is he over stepping your Scorpio persona? I think Musk has earned the right to have the largest ego in the world.

First to build his own rocket. Fastest production car ever made. First commercially available self driving car.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:19 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

This was privately funded I believe, 90M I thought I heard was the number for this launch?

I think it's probably a little bit of both, colonization and "affordable" space travel.

I was referring to the OP saying that the federal government should pony up funds now because he launched a rocket. Wow. We did that in the 60s.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

This launch was a required "test" before they could go forward with any mission. He choose his roadster in lieu of pallets of bricks. A formal POC.

Fed will pony up funds by employeeing them.. Keep in mind this rocket cost less than 100 million. The equivalent rocket from ULA, costs to the US Govt close to 500MM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
What's wrong Hank, is he over stepping your Scorpio persona? I think Musk has earned the right to have the largest ego in the world.

First to build his own rocket. Fastest production car ever made. First commercially available self driving car.

If you couldn’t tell already, I have a real issue with the deification of Musk. :lol: I get bent out of shape with the cult of personality that surrounds a lot of these Silicon Valley Caller Bobs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm 

double post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:26 pm 

You still have the better flame thrower.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
What does a silly Mars colony fantasy do for us?

Future of the species?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Hank Scorpio wrote:

https://youtu.be/goh2x_G0ct4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Telegram Sam wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

https://youtu.be/goh2x_G0ct4

Informed man of the people Telegram Sam provides one offering for Hank Scorpio. beni goes a different direction to answer the question in song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69fPof-ZTnU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hank Scorpio wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

If you couldn’t tell already, I have a real issue with the deification of Musk. :lol: I get bent out of shape with the cult of personality that surrounds a lot of these Silicon Valley Caller Bobs.

I'm with you, Hank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Future of the species?

How does living on a planet that can’t support life get us closer to a championship?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Future of the species?

How does living on a planet that can’t support life get us closer to a championship?

Developing the technology to survive in space outside our protective magnetic field for long stretches of time. Also, not just to survive, but to sustain reproduction in zero gravity/high radiation environments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:02 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Future of the species?

Developing the technology to survive in space outside our protective magnetic field for long stretches of time. Also, not just to survive, but to sustain reproduction in zero gravity/high radiation environments.

With all of the issues facing both our country and the world, you think this is something that money and resources should be allocated to?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Future of the species?

With all of the issues facing both our country and the world, you think this is something that money and resources should be allocated to?

If you think the border wall would be expensive, wait until we have to build the space border wall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 pm 

We would be the illegal aliens. The martians will build the wall and make us pay for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Future of the species?

How could you not? This mindset right here is why, even given 10,000 years notice of the end of the planet, the species is doomed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Because it's next. Because we came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
First one to Mars gets to name all the cool places, kill all the Martians and put up the "KEEP OUT" sign.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:24 pm 

There needs to be a reason for exploration. Going to a dead hunk of rock in space doesn’t do anything. Might as well put a colony on the moon if all you want is to develop tech that supports living off earth. Our technology isn’t there yet. It’s like being outraged that people in 1683 didn’t explore the bottom of the oceans. One day we will go to other planets, let’s wait until it makes sense. Firing off a rocket isn’t anything to get a boner over. We’ve done it already.

If we want to get aggressive about exploration, The value of space travel isn’t within our own solar system. We need some hyperdrive or warp speed shit :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
There needs to be a reason for exploration. Going to a dead hunk of rock in space doesn’t do anything. Might as well put a colony on the moon if all you want is to develop tech that supports living off earth. Our technology isn’t there yet. It’s like being outraged that people in 1683 didn’t explore the bottom of the oceans. One day we will go to other planets, let’s wait until it makes sense. Firing off a rocket isn’t anything to get a boner over. We’ve done it already.

If we want to get aggressive about exploration, The value of space travel isn’t within our own solar system. We need some hyperdrive or warp speed shit :lol:

The technology to save the human species from planetary extinction isn't just divined, come on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:49 pm 

Hank and Matt have no imagination. No sense of wonder and accomplishment.

When Kennedy said we'd go to the moon, we had no idea how to do it.

But we did it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm 

Yea.....that was awesome.

We were all supposed to have jet packs by now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Yea.....that was awesome.

We were all supposed to have jet packs by now.

You and Hank are the reason why we don't.