It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FASTING!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
In an odd way I kind of enjoy it. I may just continue the fast until the next Hawks win.

Post subject: Re: FASTING!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I hate being hungry. I get very irritable. That is not a good thing for the people around me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Fasting is very good for you. I try to do a 18 or 24 hour fast once a week. It builds up your bodies's insulin sensitivity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Fasting is good and good for you. I do a modified fast where I only eat 500 calories 2 days of the week. Helps overeating the remaining days as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am 

SuperMario wrote:
Fasting is good and good for you. I do a modified fast where I only eat 500 calories 2 days of the week. Helps overeating the remaining days as well.

Yeah, seems like the whole "Eat small meals, frequently throughout the day" is actually HORRIBLE advice. You never train your body to live off hunger and target fat burning for fuel. Not a good look for Michelle Obama.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am 

SuperMario wrote:

Yeah, seems like the whole "Eat small meals, frequently throughout the day" is actually HORRIBLE advice. You never train your body to live off hunger and target fat burning for fuel. Not a good look for Michelle Obama.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
You can say that again, Bob.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Furious Styles wrote:
You can say that again, Bob.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I can't keep up. Is this in addition to low carb, keto dieting.

Fuck it I'm grabbing a beer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am 

The good thing about fasting is you don't cut anything out of your diet if you don't want to. So all those awful Paleo dieters who say high fiber whole grain breads are bad can fuck off.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm 

How would one attempt such a thing. I eat reasonably healthy and exercise pretty intensely about an hour a day. When I'm hungry I'm pretty miserable to be around. If you are eating 500 calories a day, is that essentially carrots and celery all day? Do you just eat morning or night?

I typically have a omlette for breakfast and a smallish lunch and end up gorging for dinner as I just worked out. Probably half of my calories are consumed at dinner.

How about coffee/caffeine? Heroine?

What does a fast day look like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
How would one attempt such a thing. I eat reasonably healthy and exercise pretty intensely about an hour a day. When I'm hungry I'm pretty miserable to be around. If you are eating 500 calories a day, is that essentially carrots and celery all day? Do you just eat morning or night?

I typically have a omlette for breakfast and a smallish lunch and end up gorging for dinner as I just worked out. Probably half of my calories are consumed at dinner.

When I do it, I eat breakfast and that is most of my calories. I then have tea/coffee the rest of the day. At first it was rough for me. But after a while your body adjusts(at least mine did). You learn to live on less food. I'm done 10 pounds and I have been doing this about a month.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

When I do it, I eat breakfast and that is most of my calories. I then have tea/coffee the rest of the day. At first it was rough for me. But after a while your body adjusts(at least mine did). You learn to live on less food. I'm done 10 pounds and I have been doing this about a month.

What's the next day like? Are you able to eat normalish amounts of food? Or allow some extra. How do you do with exercising with that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

What's the next day like? Are you able to eat normalish amounts of food? Or allow some extra. How do you do with exercising with that?

It's weird, when I wake up the next day, it's like nothing happened. I don't feel like I haven't ate in 24 hours. I try to limit my carbs when I eat again because that will spike your blood sugar and I will start gouging on food again. So I resume as normal. I do Crossfit on fasts and my energy is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jerry Manual (second day in a row I've mentioned him) used to fast before making big decisions (not in-game decisions).

I heard you were supposed to fast for mental clarity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Did Manuel have a manual for that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The last two months since I returned to work from my heart surgery have been a disaster. Some of it is fluid retention, but i've put on 17 pounds in 9 weeks. My sweet tooth is really bad, and because I'm too tired to cook I end up eating both breakfast and dinner out much of the time. And then I end up sleeping later, which means I don't have a proper breakfast, and the cycle just goes to shit once again.

When I'm going well, i don't fast as hard as Caller Bob, but I try to go from 9pm-7am every day, and I try to have only two 800-1000 calorie meals (depending on my exercise the day before) and two snacks. If I'm going extremely well, I'm able to adjust the late afternoon meal, ideally 4pm, based on a blood sugar reading at 1pm before snack #1. The blood sugar reading forces me not to eat anything after breakfast or else the reading will be off. If it's higher than the day before, I omit the planned dinner carbs, if it's lower then I eat the carbs.

I have six days in a row starting tomorrow where I don't have to go into the office although I have to work most of Thursday and part of Friday and Tuesday from home. I need to get into a decent routine that includes that 10 hour overnight fast.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 pm 

By God, good luck to you Chet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
a 10 hour overnight fast ?

isn't that like basically sleeping ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:48 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:

I don't work out on fast days other than maybe a light jog or longer walk. Typically I have a protein shake of around 150 calories or so for breakfast. Lunch is tuna with some crackers that comes out around 200 calories. Dinner has been soup or salad. It's not too bad.

Coffee, Diet Coke or Heroine is fine as long as you are not eating the heroine. That adds calories!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Yeah, but now if I'm undisciplined I'll eat another 300+ calories during that 10 hour period. That's 2-3 pounds a month.

The other part is being able to go from 7am-4pm (another 10 hours) with only a small snack around 1-1:30.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Yeah, but now if I'm undisciplined I'll eat another 300+ calories during that 10 hour period. That's 2-3 pounds a month.

The other part is being able to go from 7am-4pm (another 10 hours) with only a small snack around 1-1:30.

9-11 is when I may grab a beer or 6. solid rule.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I don't work out on fast days other than maybe a light jog or longer walk. Typically I have a protein shake of around 150 calories or so for breakfast. Lunch is tuna with some crackers that comes out around 200 calories. Dinner has been soup or salad. It's not too bad.

Coffee, Diet Coke or Heroine is fine as long as you are not eating the heroine. That adds calories!

Diet Coke tastes like failure and pee ... Coke Zero is where it's at.

Have you tried flavored seltzer water? I finally did and it's really not bad at all ... I think the lemon version is quite nice. I've found the brand name stuff is considerably better than any generic (seems to be carbonated much better).

I'm not sure 'heroine' is the word you were looking for ... unless you are planning to Jeffrey Dahmer her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Have you tried flavored seltzer water? I finally did and it's really not bad at all ... I think the lemon version is quite nice. I've found the brand name stuff is considerably better than any generic (seems to be carbonated much better).

I'm not sure 'heroine' is the word you were looking for ... unless you are planning to Jeffrey Dahmer her.

Haha. No wonder why my review of Wonder Woman did not go over well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Don Tiny wrote:

i tried the new Diet Coke 'Feisty Cherry' over the weekend since it was on sale......it's......something

I was wondering why the hell my throat was burning as I was drinking it- looked at some online reviews and many are noting a lingering peppery flavor

It's probably better for stripping paint than drinking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm 

I have become a fan of the Coca cola product which is the Minute Maid Light Lemonade. It's 5 calories a can because there's a little tiny bit of actual lemon juice in it.

I find that when I drink Diet Coke, I just drink more of it. Diet Lemonade or a sixteen ounce G2, I drink it and I'm ready to go back to water. I keep a 35 pack of G2 from Costco in my SUV's trunk all winter to reduce the urge to stop at a drive through for a soft drink "and oh, i've been good today, maybe a small order of fries."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
TurdFerguson wrote:
9-11 is when I may grab a beer or 6.

No box cutters?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
TurdFerguson wrote:

9-11 is when I may grab a beer or 6. solid rule.

Affirmative. Solid rule.