Post subject: Re: Sam Zeif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
I’ve bought guns off armlist and the other party had no interest in a bill of sale or checking ID. What about gun shows, either of those I can see you doing just that in 5 minutes.

Your experience or the need to tighten those specific laws matters not in this thread. This kid was made to lie very specifically on the facts for some purpose. Regardless of intentions of him or any network wanting to “do good” it probably hurts more than helps when found out.

Some in this thread when hearing of the lie are saying nothing more than “let’s say it’s true”.

It was more a response to JORR at the start saying no 20 year old could buy a gun in 5 minutes on an expired license. I was 30 when I first started buying guns but that doesn’t really change how easy they are to acquire.

Is there a story about a specific 20 year old they are referring to.

I don't know if there is a real story. My knowledge of this is limited to the facts put here in the thread. I do know I saw the kid on ABC last night and it was given big air time and attention.

My opinion, based on what I know and have experienced is sure I suppose it happened somewhere in America once or twice. For me, that doesn't change my disgust for showing a lie using a kid to millions of people. In the end what was the win for doing that? You reinforce feelings of those in agreement. You do not change one opposing person. You might get some in the middle thinking just a bit but then the lie comes out and you blow that.

It is not only this issue. The seemingly little harmless media bullshit does way more harm than good in the larger picture.

Just my two cents.

If all you heard was the 10 to 15 seconds where he referred to a story that's likely false, you weren't interested in listening. You were looking for a reason to tune him out. I find it remarkable that you're demanding that an 18 year old kid be 100% factual in order for you to listen to him.

I watched ABC last night and the report was 10 minutes? His part was a long part. I can easily excuse some minor factual inaccuracy and get his point. If he truly relayed a flat out false story I am done with that kid.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
https://thetab.com/us/2016/06/14/i-was-able-to-buy-an-ar-15-in-five-minutes-19833

There obviously was more care that can be put into that entire transaction. A couple things missing from the article were I assume there is no long gun waiting period in that state. The kid assumes there was no background check when it is possible there was an insta check ran that he passed. Lastly, and I am only guessing the insta check may have know he renewed his license. He did not actually have an expired license per the DMV or at least that is how PA works.

In the end though these are the sort of transactions and laws, tighter regulations people should concern themselves with more than what gun is what. I think anyway.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
I’ve bought guns off armlist and the other party had no interest in a bill of sale or checking ID. What about gun shows, either of those I can see you doing just that in 5 minutes.

Your experience or the need to tighten those specific laws matters not in this thread. This kid was made to lie very specifically on the facts for some purpose. Regardless of intentions of him or any network wanting to “do good” it probably hurts more than helps when found out.

Some in this thread when hearing of the lie are saying nothing more than “let’s say it’s true”.

It was more a response to JORR at the start saying no 20 year old could buy a gun in 5 minutes on an expired license. I was 30 when I first started buying guns but that doesn’t really change how easy they are to acquire.

I don't know if there is a real story. My knowledge of this is limited to the facts put here in the thread. I do know I saw the kid on ABC last night and it was given big air time and attention.

My opinion, based on what I know and have experienced is sure I suppose it happened somewhere in America once or twice. For me, that doesn't change my disgust for showing a lie using a kid to millions of people. In the end what was the win for doing that? You reinforce feelings of those in agreement. You do not change one opposing person. You might get some in the middle thinking just a bit but then the lie comes out and you blow that.

It is not only this issue. The seemingly little harmless media bullshit does way more harm than good in the larger picture.

Just my two cents.

If all you heard was the 10 to 15 seconds where he referred to a story that's likely false, you weren't interested in listening. You were looking for a reason to tune him out. I find it remarkable that you're demanding that an 18 year old kid be 100% factual in order for you to listen to him.

I watched ABC last night and the report was 10 minutes? His part was a long part. I can easily excuse some minor factual inaccuracy and get his point. If he truly relayed a flat out false story I am done with that kid.

This kid was speaking to the fucking President of the United States a week after his best friend and 16 other people were slaughtered in his high school (A day before his birthday) and you're done with him because a story he said he read was likely false. Like I said you weren't interested in listening. The kid made a very courageous and heartfelt plea to the president (for nearly 5 mins) to stop these things from happening.

Your support and frequent excuse making for a president who lies all the time makes it clear to all that you don't have an issue with liars.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
TurdFerguson wrote:
pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I didn't say no 20 year old with an expired licesne could buy a gun. They are talking about a specific incident and it's bullshit:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27394/fa ... en-shapiro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My wife is a huge fan of Kehinde Wiley so I knew all about his work prior to him getting the presidential commission. I saw dumbfuck Tucker and Mark Steyn- who I usually get a kick out of- completely misunderstand Wiley's work and try to race bait by showing portraits of black women holding the severed heads of white women. They were obviously unfamiliar with Wiley's oeuvre and seemed ignorant to the fact that the paintings were based on classic pieces.

I don't think I agree with that.

What is it you don't agree with?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
TurdFerguson wrote:

That is very illegal in Illinois.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 am 

Nas wrote:
Your support and frequent excuse making for a president who lies all the time makes it clear to all that you don't have an issue with liars.

Don't lie and I will believe you. Trump has nothing to do with it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
As ridiculous as it sounds I guess that it was a 4chan or Reddit thing about Obama's portrait last week and Hannity ran with it until the laughter told him to delete it and pretend that he didn't push it.

Seriously.

My wife is a huge fan of Kehinde Wiley so I knew all about his work prior to him getting the presidential commission. I saw dumbfuck Tucker and Mark Steyn- who I usually get a kick out of- completely misunderstand Wiley's work and try to race bait by showing portraits of black women holding the severed heads of white women. They were obviously unfamiliar with Wiley's oeuvre and seemed ignorant to the fact that the paintings were based on classic pieces.

Wiley is clearly a great man. I didn't know anything about him until recently but it took a few mins to find out they were wrong. I imagine that they could have done the same but that's not how they entertain their audience. Scary minorities sells.

The paintings were based on classics which themselves were depictions of the biblical story of a woman beheading the leader of an assaulting army while he slept, leading ultimately to the army's defeat. Placing a nondescript white person into the role of Holofernes (the unaware beheaded leader) and a black woman into the role of Judith would I think send a pretty clear message what the painting is about. Then Wiley himself said the paintings were referencing the "kill whitey" angle.

Saying that the paintings were intended to stoke racial tensions or further the divide, or even to proudly depict violence against white people, isn't exactly wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Then Wiley himself said the paintings were referencing the "kill whitey" angle.

Wiley is racist. We all know this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
As ridiculous as it sounds I guess that it was a 4chan or Reddit thing about Obama's portrait last week and Hannity ran with it until the laughter told him to delete it and pretend that he didn't push it.

Seriously.

Wiley is clearly a great man. I didn't know anything about him until recently but it took a few mins to find out they were wrong. I imagine that they could have done the same but that's not how they entertain their audience. Scary minorities sells.

The paintings were based on classics which themselves were depictions of the biblical story of a woman beheading the leader of an assaulting army while he slept, leading ultimately to the army's defeat. Placing a nondescript white person into the role of Holofernes (the unaware beheaded leader) and a black woman into the role of Judith would I think send a pretty clear message what the painting is about. Then Wiley himself said the paintings were referencing the "kill whitey" angle.

Saying that the paintings were intended to stoke racial tensions or further the divide, or even to proudly depict violence against white people, isn't exactly wrong.

I'm very concerned about Wiley and his thoughts.

Is he coming for me next?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
America wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

That is very illegal in Illinois.

Never said it wasn't. My understanding at the time it was the responsibility of the seller to validate foid and record and maintain the bill of sale. If he didn't want to, wasn't my problem. Looking back, hadn't really considered it being stolen. The story was the guy won the gun in a raffle. It was 30-30 lever action rifle new in box. Unless you specifically wanted a lever action, easy to believe he was telling the truth and didn't actually want it.

It is my experience, most gun owners who have bought and sold have a story similar to this where they come into an undocumented gun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

MANY are thinking the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

MANY are thinking the same thing.

Unhinged! Very nasty!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Seriously.

I'll make this clear: I don't think Wiley is coming for anyone, nor encouraging others to do so. My cursory reading about him leaves me with the impression that he likes to be provocative, and his "beheading" paintings certainly are that, especially because I get the feeling he wanted people to take the paintings literally at first blush, then trust that buzzword-laden defenses of his work would suffice to make those people who did exactly what he intended seem dumb and uncultured. They are also just art. However, art is not immune from critique nor criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Also I reside in Georgia now. Enjoy these laws.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-laws ... -gun-laws/

Quote:
If you purchase a firearm from someone who is not a licensed firearms dealer, then it qualifies as a private sale. With a private sale, no background check is required, and you can trade just as you would any other piece of property you own, as long as you are not ineligible to possess a firearm.

Fortunately, purchasing a long gun is even easier than buying a handgun. Just like with handguns, no permit is required to buy a long gun, and a background check is required if purchasing from a firearms dealer.

There also isn’t a minimum age for possession of long guns, so you do not need to wait until you are 18 to purchase your first long gun!

So even an expelled troubled 17 year old without a criminal record can legally buy a rifle in 5 minutes in my state.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Seriously.

I'll make this clear: I don't think Wiley is coming for anyone, nor encouraging others to do so. My cursory reading about him leaves me with the impression that he likes to be provocative, and his "beheading" paintings certainly are that, especially because I get the feeling he wanted people to take the paintings literally at first blush, then trust that buzzword-laden defenses of his work would suffice to make those people who did exactly what he intended seem dumb and uncultured. They are also just art. However, art is not immune from critique nor criticism.

That's art. It's supposed to be provocative.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am 

"CNN says High School students should be making our gun laws...weren’t they just eating tide pods two weeks ago???"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
"CNN says High School students should be making our gun laws...weren’t they just eating tide pods two weeks ago???"

That's why they have fresh ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 am 

Nas wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

That's why they have fresh ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The Yankee Pedlar isn't provocative, does that mean it isn't art?

Regardless, the provocative nature of the paintings doesn't mean that the displeasure at depicting racial violence, and subtly hinting at a larger clashing of races given the story of the source material, is somehow "dumb" as you painted it or "wrong" as did Nas. Especially when the artist says "kill whitey" informed the piece(s).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Regardless, the provocative nature of the paintings doesn't mean that the displeasure at depicting racial violence, and subtly hinting at a larger clashing of races given the story of the source material, is somehow "dumb" as you painted it or "wrong" as did Nas. Especially when the artist says "kill whitey" informed the piece(s).

I didn't say it was dumb. I said the way Carlson tried to position the paintings was race baiting. Which of course it was and much of the Fox audience will eat it up. The segment was designed as such.

Also, you're purposely taking Wiley's "kill whitey" comment out of context. Regardless, Wiley is as entitled to be a bigot as anyone, if in fact he is. The point of the segment, as you well understand, was to smear Obama as a "racist" through his portrait artist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I didn't say it was dumb. I said the way Carlson tried to position the paintings was race baiting. Which of course it was and much of the Fox audience will eat it up. The segment was designed as such.

Also, you're purposely taking Wiley's "kill whitey" comment out of context. Regardless, Wiley is as entitled to be a bigot as anyone, if in fact he is. The point of the segment, as you well understand, was to smear Obama as a "racist" through his portrait artist.

I never understood the Obama is a racist thing. He was practically raised by 2 white grandparents with midwestern roots and he appeared to love them far more than his absent father and mother who was constantly traveling the world to find herself. I think fitting in with white kids before college was far easier for him than blacks. Chicago and music helped him connect with blacks. If anything I would think he hated black men.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know what the segment was about, I didn't see it. 8 had presumed it was about another miscalculation by Obama in his series of attempts to stay woke, coinciding with his pardoning of a violent terrorist, etc.

You made this about misunderstanding Wiley's "oeuvre", not about whether Obama commissioning his official portrait from a possible bigot or advocate of violent racism makes Obama an advocate of same by proxy. This is a complete shifting of the goalposts. But now that Wiley's "oeuvre" has been discussed a little deeper regarding the beheading paintings, you want to talk about how absurd it is to call Obama a racist because the artist of his portrait might be. And it is absurd, it's just not what you originally wanted to talk about.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Provocative, untoward, idk. There is always a fine line in being a cheeky artist, or an artist making a statement, or an artist being kind of an asshole or shocking. I'm not sure which one he is in this case. He has said "“The whole conversation of my work has to do with power and who has it.”

http://ncartmuseum.org/blog/view/new_in ... inde_wiley

"This new rendition can be interpreted on many different levels, including racial and gender identity and inequity, the representation of women throughout art history, and society’s ideals for beauty. In Wiley’s words, “I am painting women in order to come to terms with the depictions of gender within the context of art history. One has to broaden the conversation . . . This series of works attempts to reconcile the presence of black female stereotypes that surrounds their presence and/or absence in art history, and the notions of beauty, spectacle, and the ‘grand’ in painting.”"

I don't see how the paintings from the series does that or what/how this is reconciling black female stereotypes and the notions of beauty, spectacle, and the ‘grand’. This series has a piss christ feel to it.

I like/admire what he is trying to do/the idea behind his work but the art is a little flat or formulaic. Maybe it stems from his work being solely based on other works. He's talented though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know what the segment was about, I didn't see it. 8 had presumed it was about another miscalculation by Obama in his series of attempts to stay woke, coinciding with his pardoning of a violent terrorist, etc.

You made this about misunderstanding Wiley's "oeuvre", not about whether Obama commissioning his official portrait from a possible bigot or advocate of violent racism makes Obama an advocate of same by proxy. This is a complete shifting of the goalposts. But now that Wiley's "oeuvre" has been discussed a little deeper regarding the beheading paintings, you want to talk about how absurd it is to call Obama a racist because the artist of his portrait might be. And it is absurd, it's just not what you originally wanted to talk about.

:lol: It hasn't been discussed deeper. You came at it exactly the way Carlson did. Maybe you don't notice it, but you're doing to Kehinde Wiley (although not directly) exactly the thing that upsets you so much when Regular Reader does it to you.

And I don't know why you keep putting "oeuvre" in quotes. if you're trying to make some point that a black artist's art might be about his personal experiences in America, I would suggest he wouldn't be much of an artist if they weren't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
I never understood the Obama is a racist thing. He was practically raised by 2 white grandparents with midwestern roots and he appeared to love them far more than his absent father and mother who was constantly traveling the world to find herself. I think fitting in with white kids before college was far easier for him than blacks. Chicago and music helped him connect with blacks. If anything I would think he hated black men.

I never called him racist that I recall but I was pretty drunk during his administration. I always wondered why he didn't use his biracial background as you outlined.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

I never called him racist that I recall but I was pretty drunk during his administration. I always wondered why he didn't use his biracial background as you outlined.

He did while campaigning in the rustbelt and rural America. I imagine going overboard with it would have turned off people who didn't think he was "black enough".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

He did while campaigning in the rustbelt and rural America. I imagine going overboard with it would have turned off people who didn't think he was "black enough".

Yeah I assumed it might have to do with the not black enough.

-Ronald Reagan