It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The White Sox
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

It's a fucking travesty he even had to waste 2 decades of the prime of his life behind bars, but the Sox are stepping in to do more for him that the crooked justice system that fucked him in the 1st place ever did.

The article doesn't say anything about this, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jerry is doing something extra to help him as well as he has a reputation for doing so.

Post subject: Re: The White Sox
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Cubs would have given him a World Series ring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:

You mean the cheap ones they gave to the black employees?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 am 

Didn't Berstein's wife get one?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
tommy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You mean the cheap ones they gave to the black employees?

My guy tells me he will be given the same ring that all members of the grounds crew received.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Giving this man a means to earn a living is FAR SUPERIOR than gifting him a souvenir ring that can only be sold for $1.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Giving this man a means to earn a living is FAR SUPERIOR than gifting him a souvenir ring that can only be sold for $1.

Good point, they do look pretty chincy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:58 pm 

Kudos to them for giving him his job back.

Sucks to see our system screw innocent people for such a large portion of their life.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:27 pm 

More on the story.

The CPD literally tortured him and coerced false confessions from him despite no physical evidence linking him to the crime.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

Do you want to know why I fucking hate cops? This right here. Fuck them. If this doesn't make your blood boil, then I don't know what will.

PS. you as taxpayers are going to be paying this man millions, and honestly he deserves every penny. I just wish that money came directly from the police pension fund.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm 

If he is going to be making millions why does he need a grounds crew job?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

He gets to work outside and be on the field for the 2020 World Series. The M&M Jacket guy doesn't even get that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:36 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He gets to work outside and be on the field for the 2020 World Series. The M&M Jacket guy doesn't even get that.

I think giving the job to a man that needs it as a means to earn a living is FAR SUPERIOR than a token gesture.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
There is no amount of money that can make these folks and their family whole. In fact the millions they will receive will cause MANY more problems. Officers should be prosecuted.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
There is no amount of money that can make these folks and their family whole. In fact the millions they will receive will cause MANY more problems. Officers should be prosecuted.

It's a joke that there isn't even an investigation into the officers. Everything being pushed against them is in the civil arena. Of course the fucking pigs want to look the other way. Who knows how many hundreds of people are wrongfully behind bars because of the tactics they used. heck, there is no way that their colleagues didn't know about it either.

People want to know why I hate cops? Here is exhibit A.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 pm 

Not that people are happy when a cop gets whacked, but basically, it leads to the "shrug shoulders" mentality. A bit of karma. Stop killing innocent people and maybe less cops get dusted off, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's a joke that there isn't even investigation into the officers. Everything being pushed against them is in the civil arena. Of course the fucking pigs want to look the other way. Who knows how many hundreds of people are wrongfully behind bars because of the tactics they used. heck, there is no way that their colleagues didn't know about it either.

Its a generalized and stereotypical way to view them however. If this particular approach was used during each and every situation the world would be fucked up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's a joke that there isn't even investigation into the officers. Everything being pushed against them is in the civil arena. Of course the fucking pigs want to look the other way. Who knows how many hundreds of people are wrongfully behind bars because of the tactics they used. heck, there is no way that their colleagues didn't know about it either.

Its a generalized and stereotypical way to view them however. If this particular approach was used during each and every situation the world would be fucked up.

We're learning that this behavior is far from outside the norm in police departments. Even if it's only a few cops in a precinct doing this, it is only able to be done because all of the other cops look the other way. The fact that no one within the departments speaks up about this is a large part of the reason why I have trouble believing that good cops actually exist. If they did, then bad cops would be ousted from their positions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

You know a lot more than I do but from my little internship with the Cook County Circuit Court I couldn't believe the shit people accepted pleas to. It is frightening when I look back with a better understanding of the world. They were almost always minority males too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

You know a lot more than I do but from my little internship with the Cook County Circuit Court I couldn't believe the shit people accepted pleas to. It is frightening when I look back with a better understanding of the world. They were almost always minority males too.

Most of the guys who cop pleas cant afford Real attorneys. They have to accept PDS in order to have any sort of representation and the PD's sole purpose is to cop pleas.

Its fucked but the disparity between the plea deal and the maximum sentence can at times be the difference between life and death. Most guys choose life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

Most of the guys who cop pleas cant afford Real attorneys. They have to accept PDS in order to have any sort of representation and the PD's sole purpose is to cop pleas.

Its fucked but the disparity between the plea deal and the maximum sentence can at times be the difference between life and death. Most guys choose life.

Yeah these kids used to accept pleas for crap they would never have been convicted for. That probation plea ruined a lot of lives.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

We're learning that this behavior is far from outside the norm in police departments. Even if it's only a few cops in a precinct doing this, it is only able to be done because all of the other cops look the other way. The fact that no one within the departments speaks up about this is a large part of the reason why I have trouble believing that good cops actually exist. If they did, then bad cops would be ousted from their positions.

Rogue cops aren't as much the problem as it is the complicit nature of cop culture. Snitching isn't tolerated from what i know about it.

Interesting that one of my guys from the old Watts crooked cop case was virtually celebrating last week about the settlement he is about to receive. Pulled up the News story which highlighted his bogus arrest from years ago. I told him you motherfucker. Told him your thirsty ass has come up. He did a two year stretch for it.

One of the other guys I know received his settlement already. He did ten on a thirty year sentence and they let him out once they realized the arrest and conviction was bogus.

That crooked ass SGT. Watts is about to cost the city a lot of money.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Sox on the right side of history once again...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Can someone post the gist of the scenario here? Apparently the trib article is behind a paywall.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:13 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Can someone post the gist of the scenario here? Apparently the trib article is behind a paywall.

Google Chrome - New Incognito window.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Rogue cops aren't as much the problem .

Well, one is...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Google Chrome - New Incognito window.

You can even right click the link to get that option. Tribune's paywall is a joke, which is probably why they are canning half their staff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm 

Yeah, at least build a stronger paywall like The Athletic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:51 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Sucks to see our system screw innocent people for such a large portion of their life.

This guy or White Sox fans?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

When you are in trial and a cop gets on the stand, lies his dick off..gets cross examined by your atty and it's clear to everybody but the judge the cop just lied his dick off and allows evidence n testimony in...It's basically over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

This guy or White Sox fans?

:(