It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chik Fil A
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
They make the best damn chicken sandwich and apparently eating there pisses off the SJW crowd.

Post subject: Re: Chik Fil A
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am 

they hate gay people and believe god is real.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 am 

It's hard to resist their gay hating chicken!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am 

IkeSouth wrote:

who cares, it's the best chicken sandwich around.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Even Brick is on board with the tasty chicken, waffle fries, and lemonade.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

We can coexist with bigots!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
And the employees are the definition of exemplary customer service. They would slam their head thru the plate glass window if you asked them to after they got your 3rd refill and finished polishing your shoes. Their employees are better servers than 85% of the actual servers in regular restaurants.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
The free market has spoken. People care about the gays, but not enough to give up delicious chicken sandwiches.

Seriously, though, I do admire that they close on Sundays. The religious aspect makes no difference to me, but it's nice that it actually promotes some semblance of work-life balance as opposed to other companies that are open 24/7 and run people into the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
The free market has spoken. People care about the gays, but not enough to give up delicious chicken sandwiches.

Seriously, though, I do admire that they close on Sundays. The religious aspect makes no difference to me, but it's nice that it actually promotes some semblance of work-life balance as opposed to other companies that are open 24/7 and run people into the ground.

I wish they would open on Sundays as that is when I'm usually craving them, but that's their prerogative.

Also people are now trying to tell you that you must choose the chicken or the gays. Sorry, but the chicken wins.

Seriously, look at this actual pussy http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter- ... nth-2018-6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
they're very brave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

Well, there is a strong argument to be made that being closed on Sunday saves them money. They only have to staff their stores for 6 days. They get "credit" from the religious people who think Sundays are for church. People still probably eat it just as much. Most of the laws for no service on Sunday were supported by the businesses that had to close.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I wish they would open on Sundays as that is when I'm usually craving them, but that's their prerogative.

Also people are now trying to tell you that you must choose the chicken or the gays. Sorry, but the chicken wins.

Seriously, look at this actual pussy http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter- ... nth-2018-6

It's his fault for apologizing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't give a shit about their politics, but I think their chicken is overrated and waffle fries as a whole, suck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I really hate burritos and really love chicken so this is great

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't give a shit about their politics, but I think their chicken is overrated and waffle fries as a whole, suck.
As far as fast food/fast casual, its a pretty good sandwich.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
They suck more than the gays they hate.

Very mediocre sammich and their half cooked waffle fries are terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Something happen today to warrant this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
GoldenJet wrote:
They suck more than the gays they hate.

Very mediocre sammich and their half cooked waffle fries are terrible.

ya i don't get it.

but whatever, people bust a nut over it. enjoy it if you like it

Last edited by Kirkwood on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am 

pittmike wrote:
Something happen today to warrant this?

a lot of the usual sites are putting out pieces saying "you must choose between being an LGBT ally or your chicken"

The only reason I'm not posting a link is that I do not want to give those clickfarms the clicks. HuffPost's piece is getting ratio'ed to hell on Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Well, there is a strong argument to be made that being closed on Sunday saves them money. They only have to staff their stores for 6 days. They get "credit" from the religious people who think Sundays are for church. People still probably eat it just as much. Most of the laws for no service on Sunday were supported by the businesses that had to close.

This is a singularly bad thought .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Eating fast food to own the libs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 am 

Uh, yeah... Rick, the only reason they would support such a law is because all their competitors would be forced to close too. Why would a company wait for a law? If it didn't cost them money, why wouldn't they just close on their own? That makes zero sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey started a social media firestorm and then apologized after he tweeted that he ordered food from Chick-fil-A.

Critics jumped on Dorsey for supporting Chick-fil-A during the month of June, which is Pride Month for the LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning) community.

Questioning? I thought the Q was for Queer. Can't keep up with this crap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
And the employees are the definition of exemplary customer service. They would slam their head thru the plate glass window if you asked them to after they got your 3rd refill and finished polishing your shoes.

Why would you ask all these things of them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Uh, yeah... Rick, the only reason they would support such a law is because all their competitors would be forced to close too. Why would a company wait for a law? If it didn't cost them money, why wouldn't they just close on their own? That makes zero sense.

Huh? I was simply pointing out that there are benefits to only being open 6 days when you can reasonably expect your customers to still buy just as much product. There is a reason they are more profitable per store than any other fast food place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

Chik Fil A would make a lot more money if they opened on Sundays. This is the primary reasons they will never go public as once they issue the IPO, they would pretty much be forced by shareholders to do so, and if they didn't, the board would be fired before they had their 1st shareholders meeting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Chik Fil A would make a lot more money if they opened on Sundays. This is the primary reasons they will never go public as once they issue the IPO, they would pretty much be forced by shareholders to do so, and if they didn't, the board would be fired before they had their 1st shareholders meeting.

This is false. They would simply have to justify it just like Costco can justify paying their employees well.

They probably do leave some money on the table but it's not nearly as big as it would seem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You may be right, but it's hard to say if they would make more money. First, by closing on Sunday they create more pent-up demand for the other days, making it feel more special when they actually are open (similar to the argument the NFL is oversaturated now with games on multiple days). Secondly, they may--in certain regions--turn off a chunk of their religious clientele by being open on Sunday. Also, I would imagine if car dealers thought they would make more money by being open Sundays, they would be clamoring to change the law prohibiting it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
They might make money being open on Sundays.

The fact that they are closed means they save on labor, utilities, other overhead, and potentially on food costs. It looks good as a PR move as well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

who cares, it's the best chicken sandwich around.

Um no sorry but Wendys Spicy Chicken is still the best