It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chik Fil A
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
if they're profitable 6 days a week, why wouldn't they be profitable 7 days ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 am 

a friend of ours holds a birthday party for their son at chick fil'a every year, and i love it. agreed completely about the service. i've never seen such a batch of cheerful employees at a fast food restaurant. the store is pristine, and not only do i love their regular chicken sandwich--but their nuggets are great, and so is their grilled chicken.

turning everything into a political move is totally driven by Twitter. which is why it sucks the root.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Non story

Meghan Markle being a robot is a far more interesting click bait article.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
W_Z wrote:
a friend of ours holds a birthday party for their son at chick fil'a every year, and i love it. agreed completely about the service. i've never seen such a batch of cheerful employees at a fast food restaurant. the store is pristine, and not only do i love their regular chicken sandwich--but their nuggets are great, and so is their grilled chicken.

turning everything into a political move is totally driven by Twitter. which is why it sucks the root.

Twitter can be used as a mobilizing tool for political views, but a lot of the time these "news agencies" are just being extremely lazy.

If anyone logged onto twitter and ran through the reactions to this "controversy" they would see the majority telling @Jack this isn't a big deal, and to eat where he wants.

That doesn't bring the clicks and page views tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
leashyourkids wrote:
Uh, yeah... Rick, the only reason they would support such a law is because all their competitors would be forced to close too. Why would a company wait for a law? If it didn't cost them money, why wouldn't they just close on their own? That makes zero sense.

The Cathy's believed that sundays would probably be their most profitable day of the week. many families eat out after church. and many pizzas are ordered sunday evenings for youth events and stuff that could be chicken strip platters.

if we only purchased goods and services from companies that we agreed with politically, we'd have a hard time buying anything.

I have a good buddy who's the owner operator of a Chickfila. he says that when this stuff comes up, they love it. he sees good boosts in sales for a good number of days.

it has the complete opposite affect that they are going for. and i used to be surprised they didn't realize this but i'm surprised no longer.

they do everything better than every other fast food joint and many sit down places. they are like the fast food disney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Kirkwood wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
They suck more than the gays they hate.

Very mediocre sammich and their half cooked waffle fries are terrible.

ya i don't get it.

but whatever, people bust a nut over it. enjoy it if you like it

I sort of agree.

When I was in college, there was one in our dorm, and I never got the appeal because all they served was pre-made sandwiches with a pickle that had been sitting under a light all day.

The first time I had it fresh from a real store, it was great. The chicken is top-notch, as is the service. But I honestly have grown tired of it. There is one down the street from where we live, and we never go there anymore. It's very high quality, but there's only so many ways you can order a chicken sandwich before it gets old.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
They suck more than the gays they hate.

Very mediocre sammich and their half cooked waffle fries are terrible.

ya i don't get it.

but whatever, people bust a nut over it. enjoy it if you like it

I sort of agree.

When I was in college, there was one in our dorm, and I never got the appeal because all they served was pre-made sandwiches with a pickle that had been sitting under a light all day.

The first time I had it fresh from a real store, it was great. The chicken is top-notch, as is the service. But I honestly have grown tired of it. There is one down the street from where we live, and we never go there anymore. It's very high quality, but there's only so many ways you can order a chicken sandwich before it gets old.

yeah most college campuses truck the sandwiches in. in a real store, its a different ball game.

for me the sandwich is good, but the chickfila sauce is better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
they make so much money being closed on Sundays, they should close down all days/week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
the reason this blew up again with them is because they opened one in NYC and its a massive hit, which has shattered the liberal bloggers idea that NYC was the capital of the #resistance. I remember when they opened the one by Loyola's downtown campus on Chicago Ave. Dept of Revenue had someone there all the time writing tickets for people who parked on the street hoping to run in and get their food.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
the reason this blew up again with them is because they opened one in NYC and its a massive hit, which has shattered the liberal bloggers idea that NYC was the capital of the #resistance. I remember when they opened the one by Loyola's downtown campus on Chicago Ave. Dept of Revenue had someone there all the time writing tickets for people who parked on the street hoping to run in and get their food.

I spent a week working with a client a block from the 46th street location last summer. The line was wrapped around the block.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
New Yorkers are savvy sophisticates who can always spot a sucker and never be taken for a fool and would definitely never form a line around the block to buy fast food chicken sandwiches from the Bible Belt.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
New Yorkers are savvy sophisticates who can always spot a sucker and never be taken for a fool and would definitely never form a line around the block to buy fast food chicken sandwiches from the Bible Belt.

It was funny to watch. Meanwhile I was also a block from the diamond district so while everyone was checking out Chik Fil A, I was hitting up every Jewish deli I could find. I could get Chik Fil A at home. I can't say the same for a nice corned beef sandwich.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am 

Bagels wrote:
if they're profitable 6 days a week, why wouldn't they be profitable 7 days ?

They probably would be but it's probably not by a huge margin. It's a more extreme version of why most fast food places aren't open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Most of their customers aren't going to go more often with longer hours. If you love Chik-Fil-A, and want it 2 times a week, then you just know you can't go on Sunday. There are a ton of businesses that close on Sunday or another day of the week. Fast food restaurants normally don't because unfortunately much of their business model is feeding the poor for most meals because it is either cheaper or there isn't a close supermarket to them.

Using Ogie's "free market" approach, if there was a market they were severely undeserving then someone would create a restaurant that sells similar chicken sandwiches that is open on Sunday. Put it within 500 feet of every Chik-Fil-A and you'd be rich.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am 

I don't buy that being closed creates pent-up demand for Chik-Fil-A. It's not like someone plans out what fast food restaurants they are going to eat at before the week starts. Well, Rick might, but he's weird.

No one is saying "Ahh, I couldn't get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday, so now I HAVE to get it on Monday!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't buy that being closed creates pent-up demand for Chik-Fil-A. It's not like someone plans out what fast food restaurants they are going to eat at before the week starts. Well, Rick might, but he's weird.
I've gotten Chik-Fil-A multiple times on Saturdays knowing they weren't going to be open on Sunday. A lot of people choose a fast food place based on what they haven't had in a while.

However, if someone loved them so much that they always go three times a week don't you think they'd find a way to fit it in to the 6 days they are open?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I've gotten Chik-Fil-A multiple times on Saturdays knowing they weren't going to be open on Sunday. A lot of people choose a fast food place based on what they haven't had in a while.

However, if someone loved them so much that they always go three times a week don't you think they'd find a way to fit it in to the 6 days they are open?

Not unless they had obsessive-compulsive disorder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
How often do you eat Chik-Fil-A. Why would you eat more of it if it was open 7 days a week?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
They might make money being open on Sundays.

The fact that they are closed means they save on labor, utilities, other overhead, and potentially on food costs. It looks good as a PR move as well.

Christy Mathewson's mom woulda been proud

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
How often do you eat Chik-Fil-A. Why would you eat more of it if it was open 7 days a week?

Ima answer for leash.

I'd get it more often because often on Sundays, I'll tell my wife, "Dude, let's get Chick-Fil-A," but then she'll remind me it's closed. So we end up having it once every three months instead of once a month.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Not often anymore, but there are also like 30 other restaurants in the same general vicinity. My point is that chicken sandwiches aren't like groceries where you sort of have to go periodically. You can easily substitute something else for a chicken sandwich. If someone wanted Chik-Fil-A but realized it was Sunday, they aren't going to go one extra time that week to meet their "quota" unless they're a total weirdo. You just go to Chik Fil A when you feel like it, and there's one less day per week that that can happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
No one is saying "Ahh, I couldn't get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday, so now I HAVE to get it on Monday!"
Have you ever read an IMU food post?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Have you ever read an IMU food post?

Rare exceptions exist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: I don't know if its all that rare. I bet he had said that to himself a dozen times over the last few years.

And, unfortunately, there are MANY like him out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
In the drive thru right now. Spicy chicken extra pickles on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Not often anymore, but there are also like 30 other restaurants in the same general vicinity. My point is that chicken sandwiches aren't like groceries where you sort of have to go periodically. You can easily substitute something else for a chicken sandwich. If someone wanted Chik-Fil-A but realized it was Sunday, they aren't going to go one extra time that week to meet their "quota" unless they're a total weirdo. You just go to Chik Fil A when you feel like it, and there's one less day per week that that can happen.

Most people do go to fast food places they like periodically, and anyone who likes Chik-Fil-A is going to plan it out to know they can't go on a Sunday. People camp in line overnight for free sandwiches from them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am 

Chick Fil-A is a good sponsor of college football. That alone is good enough reason to go there a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Most people do go to fast food places they like periodically, and anyone who likes Chik-Fil-A is going to plan it out to know they can't go on a Sunday. People camp in line overnight for free sandwiches from them.

Those people are weird. Anyone who plans out their weekly fast food trips is weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Those people are weird. Anyone who plans out their weekly fast food trips is weird.
:lol:

See my post above.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I think you are taking it too far. To use my own example, when considering food options I pretty much say "What haven't I had in a while?". If I decide that Chik-Fil-A is what I want then I get that. If it is a Sunday, I say it isn't open and then I'm likely to get it the next time. Average it out over a year and I don't think them being closed on Sundays would get me there any more or less.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I think you are taking it too far. To use my own example, when considering food options I pretty much say "What haven't I had in a while?". If I decide that Chik-Fil-A is what I want then I get that. If it is a Sunday, I say it isn't open and then I'm likely to get it the next time. Average it out over a year and I don't think them being closed on Sundays would get me there any more or less.

i think you're taking it too far- who actually sits there and determines when the last time they went to a particular fast food place is, then bases their decisions on that ? I might go to the same place 5 times in a row, doesn't have any bearing on where I might go next. Just like if I decide I want CFA and realize its Sunday, that doesn't mean i'm automatically going there next time I want fast food

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next