It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thank You!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Good luck SR. I'm rooting for the Yankees if the Cubs don't win

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SR - Always have enjoyed your posts on the board... I wish you the best on your life journey... thanks for sharing the words that you did, they definitely gave me pause for thought, and a re-evaluation of if my actions match my priorities. May God bless, and if you are able, I do hope you check in from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Sorry to hear that you are dealing with such tough challenges. I hope there are still great things ahead for you, even as tough times come along.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:28 am 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I am glad that I was able to meet you face to face and have a soda at the old place, it was a nice surprise to have you walk in that afternoon.
As many have said your pure love of the "Bombers" always gave me a smile. Please stay strong and finish like DERICK SANDERSON JETER would.
I will never see LOL only LAUGH OUT LOUD.
God speed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
stoneroses86 wrote:
I guess that there comes a time in every person’s life when the youthful feeling of being able to live forever comes crashing down like Icarus into the sea. When I was younger, I eagerly ate up all that this life had to offer with the mistaken “knowledge” that it would never end. As such, I never stopped to truly cherish those blessed moments, which, in hindsight, were so very fleeting. Every emotion, whether it was joyous or sorrowful, should have been received thankfully by me as confirmation that precious life was happening to me! Ah, if I had one wish, it would be to go back – to hold my son and daughter again for the first time, and realize that, in fact, we would not have forever together. To talk to my mother again, before the evil of dementia stole her mind, and realize that this woman who gave me life would be gone forever before I realized what was happening. But we were going to live forever, Ma!

How many years did I waste worrying about those things in life that have no real meaning in determining whether a man is really alive, really living? How many years did I waste seeking the bottom of a bottle, as if that quest was somehow indicative of “living?” How many minutes of life did I rob from myself worrying about A.J. Burnett’s inability to hit the strike zone.
Alas, my body is failing me, and forever no longer exists for me. I fear that what I am presently experiencing will, a year from now, be looked back upon as “the good days.” I will be honest with you my friends – I fear what lies ahead – I have been informed that there is no cure for what ails me – that the medication can place a band aid upon the wound, but the wound will continue to grow, and will eventually kill me.

I want to thank all of you, each and every one, for helping to provide a place where I could go to laugh, to discuss sports (sometimes), and to have a death in a fire wished upon me on at least one occasion. I will admit, I still get a chuckle out of this board every now and then, but it does not seem to me to be the same place.

I wish to every one of you the endless Blessings that God provides us all. If you are an atheist, I wish you good karma. It has been a blast!

I quoted your goodby statement because it needs to be read again and again! The words were punching me in the gut and I'm so sorry about your life developments. I pray for you and your family and hope the doctor is wrong, whatever it is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
stoneroses86 wrote:
I guess that there comes a time in every person’s life when the youthful feeling of being able to live forever comes crashing down like Icarus into the sea. When I was younger, I eagerly ate up all that this life had to offer with the mistaken “knowledge” that it would never end. As such, I never stopped to truly cherish those blessed moments, which, in hindsight, were so very fleeting. Every emotion, whether it was joyous or sorrowful, should have been received thankfully by me as confirmation that precious life was happening to me! Ah, if I had one wish, it would be to go back – to hold my son and daughter again for the first time, and realize that, in fact, we would not have forever together. To talk to my mother again, before the evil of dementia stole her mind, and realize that this woman who gave me life would be gone forever before I realized what was happening. But we were going to live forever, Ma!

How many years did I waste worrying about those things in life that have no real meaning in determining whether a man is really alive, really living? How many years did I waste seeking the bottom of a bottle, as if that quest was somehow indicative of “living?” How many minutes of life did I rob from myself worrying about A.J. Burnett’s inability to hit the strike zone.
Alas, my body is failing me, and forever no longer exists for me. I fear that what I am presently experiencing will, a year from now, be looked back upon as “the good days.” I will be honest with you my friends – I fear what lies ahead – I have been informed that there is no cure for what ails me – that the medication can place a band aid upon the wound, but the wound will continue to grow, and will eventually kill me.

I want to thank all of you, each and every one, for helping to provide a place where I could go to laugh, to discuss sports (sometimes), and to have a death in a fire wished upon me on at least one occasion. I will admit, I still get a chuckle out of this board every now and then, but it does not seem to me to be the same place.

I wish to every one of you the endless Blessings that God provides us all. If you are an atheist, I wish you good karma. It has been a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4LxORCeo :cry:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Post of the year.

Thank you for providing a reality check all of us desperately need from time to time. Darko, RR, JORR, and the others have said it all already.

All the best.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
God Bless you. I heard something on the news over the week-end that they changed the laws which pertain to drugs that are not yet sanctioned by the FDA. A person that is facing what it appears you are facing can use these kind of drugs in an attempt to extend their life and the quality of their life. You might want to look into this stuff. ONce again, God bless.

I just saw this on the news yesterday. The new law is called the RIGHT TO TRY. Trump was talking about it yesterday.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Last edited by The Hawk on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: ....
You are The Man, SR.

Didn't interact with you too much personally, but I enjoyed reading your musings.

I believe I remember seeing you post about your wife's health a while back, and I felt for you, and this is a shock as well.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I've been trying to come up with something to say but I don't have the words. Thank you for all the laughs, you've always been and will be one of my favorite posters. I wish you the best and I will be thinking about you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Edited

Last edited by Nas on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
It wasn't in the spirit of the thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Good luck S.R. As wishing you the best. May you be blessed in all you do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
:cry: Powerful post SR. Keep fighting the good fight sir and enjoy every day, it sounds like you are doing just that. Hope you
keep checking in and like others mentioned, I'll quietly be rooting for the Yankees for the first time in my life to win the AL this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Saw this old clip of MICKEY CHARLES MANTLE and thought of you, SR. Hope you are doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hey SR. Hope this finds you well. Like everyone else, your posts were always appointment reading. Thank you for that.

I wanted you to know your first post has had an impact on me. I’m usually scanning the board around bed time with the kids. Since you posted that I have become more patient and a better parent putting the kids to bed. I’m enjoying the children more verse yelling to get them into bed faster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
The similarities between poster and avatar are numerous, godspeed sir.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:07 pm 

Hope you are doing well. May you be blessed. Mising ya already! :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
As we said in the Navy, wishing you "fair winds and following seas." May your time be spent surrounded with loved ones. May God strengthen and guide you along the path you are following; may you experience many happy reunions, and upon your parting may your loved ones be sustained by joyous memories.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm 

BTW when you get the chance, what did you do in the Navy or what you are currently doing? Thanks for your service to your country and world. We are safe due to people like you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
Passepartout wrote:
BTW when you get the chance, what did you do in the Navy or what you are currently doing? Thanks for your service to your country and world. We are safe due to people like you.

I was a Yeoman in the early 90's. I was attached to Fighter Squadron TWO at NAS Miramar. I did admin and legal stuff, nothing important. Deployed to Persian Gulf and Somalia. I'd do it all again if I could.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza hut
Terry's Peeps wrote:
God bless SR.

You will always be a valued internet friend.

Yes...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Has anyone heard from SR?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:45 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Has anyone heard from SR?

wondering the same as another yankee season starts

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
If this place had any heart and soul you would have rigged the CFMB tourney for SR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
stoneroses is so far above and beyond the normal day to day nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Saw this old clip of MICKEY CHARLES MANTLE and thought of you, SR. Hope you are doing well.

As opposed to all of the new clips of MICKEY CHARLES MANTLE that are floating around?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

As opposed to all of the new clips of MICKEY CHARLES MANTLE that are floating around?

TWIST ENDING - It was an F-9.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
What happened?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
blackhawksfan wrote:
What happened?

Not sure what happened since, but see the first post if you didn't already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next