It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RFDC's Father In Law
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Putting both feet up an ignorant SOB's ass and waiting for more!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post subject: Re: RFDC's Father In Law
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:11 pm 

We are just hanging out at the house today so I will give you guys some more FIL info and some of the craziness of our family.

He is not my wife’s biological father. He married my MIL in 2004 after his first wife died from cancer. Now here is the real kicker....his first wife was my MILs sister. So he went from being my wife’s uncle to her FIL. That caused some real shock waves in our family. His first wife died in September and he was engaged to my MIL by November of that same year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Nice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
RFDC wrote:
We are just hanging out at the house today so I will give you guys some more FIL info and some of the craziness of our family.

He is not my wife’s biological father. He married my MIL in 2004 after his first wife died from cancer. Now here is the real kicker....his first wife was my MILs sister. So he went from being my wife’s uncle to her FIL. That caused some real shock waves in our family. His first wife died in September and he was engaged to my MIL by November of that same year.

Is he Hunter Biden?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I think he would actually be your wife's step-father, rather than FIL, right?

Or, I think it is more common to say "my Mom's second husband" at this point, as he is not raising either your wife or her sister as children/adolescents.

We all know what you meant, anyways.

How old is the guy? He must still be pretty spry- auto detailing isn't easy work, and to earn that kind of income at it is special. (did that for a job for 18 years)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:29 pm 

My first big interaction with him was when he traveled down to our home with my MIL to visit us. The first day there he decided that our home was too small and we needed a new bigger house. So without telling us he found a big newer house for sale. It was like a 300,000 house. He made an appointment with the realtor for us to tour it with him. So he takes us for a drive and goes to this house and meets the realtor. We tour the house and at the end he says what do you think, you like it? I said yeah it is a beautiful house but there is no way we can afford it. He says oh no worries, I am going to pay cash for the house and you can just pay me whatever you can each month.

I told him there is no way in hell I am going to be in debt to a family member 300,000 dollars

He was not happy with me for quite awhile and still brings that up to me, but I have a job and a retirement plan so he likes me for the most part :lol:

And I will say he has been an amazing grandpa to my girls. He would do anything in the world for them and I am happy about that

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:35 pm 

K Effective wrote:
I think he would actually be your wife's step-father, rather than FIL, right?

Or, I think it is more common to say "my Mom's second husband" at this point, as he is not raising either your wife or her sister as children/adolescents.

We all know what you meant, anyways.

How old is the guy? He must still be pretty spry- auto detailing isn't easy work, and to earn that kind of income at it is special. (did that for a job for 18 years)

Yes I believe you are right about terms.

He is 70, but in real good shape. He has a good deal. He does a 2-3 cars a week these days and then several years ago a wealthy doctor in the area contacted him and hired him to keep his like 30 classic cars detailed. So goes there a few times a week and keeps up with those. And bills the doctor each month. He has made a fortune from this doctor but he does great work. When he is done with a car it is perfect.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
RFDC wrote:
I told him there is no way in hell I am going to be in debt to a family member 300,000 dollars

Smart move.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sorry to say RFDC, you missed the boat. You could have been in a 7000 square foot home and "paid whatever" each month by selling a few baseball cards!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sorry to say RFDC, you missed the boat. You could have been in a 7000 square foot home and "paid whatever" each month by selling a few baseball cards!

:lol: True

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Any chance your FIL made the same offer to this clown and that’s part of the hatred?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:59 pm 

Aside from the few quirks he is a pretty impressive guy. He grew up dirt poor in Miller IN. His father beat the crap out of him. They had a huge fight when he was 15 and he left the home. He got a job pumping gas and lied about his age and got an apartment in Gary and finished high school on his own. He got drafted during Vietnam and served in the marines. His best friend in the marines got his head blown off while right next to him. When he got home from the war he got a job in the steel mill. He worked his way up the company to a foreman his last few years. While working as much as they would let him he also flipped houses on the side and played the stock market. He stashed away a ton of money from all this. When flipping houses got too much and was not making as much money he got into detailing cars. When the steel industry has issues in late 90s he was forced to retire and then he built up his detailing business. The week after he married my MIL he bought her dream car for her a cherry red Chevy Camero convertible.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Aside from the few quirks he is a pretty impressive guy. He grew up dirt poor in Miller IN. His father beat the crap out of him. They had a huge fight when he was 15 and he left the home. He got a job pumping gas and lied about his age and got an apartment in Gary and finished high school on his own. He got drafted during Vietnam and served in the marines. His best friend in the marines got his head blown off while right next to him. When he got home from the war he got a job in the steel mill. He worked his way up the company to a foreman his last few years. While working as much as they would let him he also flipped houses on the side and played the stock market. He stashed away a ton of money from all this. When flipping houses got too much and was not making as much money he got into detailing cars. When the steel industry has issues in late 90s he was forced to retire and then he built up his detailing business. The week after he married my MIL he bought her dream car for her a cherry red Chevy Camero convertible.

Funny that you mention that specific car. I saw the same car yesterday and for a chunk of the afternoon I was wondering why someone would drive a convertible now, especially under bright sunlight and high humidity. Or in a city.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Any chance your FIL made the same offer to this clown and that’s part of the hatred?

No, but there was something similar. They were living in SC, and decided they wanted to move up near them in NW Indiana. So my FILs mom was sick and was needing to sell her house to move into assisted living. So he gives BIL and SIL a great deal on her house. They buy the house from him. About a year later they decide they don’t like the area and they move out in the middle of the night to Charlotte. They tell no one and just stop paying the mortgage. They ended up having to file bankruptcy in the deal because the bank actually wanted the money for the house :lol:

FIL was obviously furious with them and said he would never help them again. He has no use for stuff like that. He is a pretty generous guy, but if you screw him he never forgets.

A few years ago we were in a bind with a doctors bill for one of our daughters. He paid it with no questions asked. He said to not worry about paying it back. But we paid him 100 a month until it was paid off and he has told my wife how much that meant to him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How did your wife come out of that family so normal? Outside of marrying you, of course.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
How did your wife come out of that family so normal? Outside of marrying you, of course.

:lol: Normal is a relative term for all of us.

But I think most of it is due to birth order. She is daughter #3 out of 4. She is the most independent and just always did her own thing. She worked two jobs in high school. My 3rd daughter is our most independent and is a lot like my wife. My wife’s sisters are way more needy and have been upset because of not having a father in the family. Their biological father left when my wife was a toddler. She has only been around him a couple times in her life. When she turned 21 he sent her a bday card with a dollar in it. About five years ago he got on Facebook and sent us all friend requests. We ignored it, but I did send a message and asked him why now and why Facebook. If he wanted a relationship with us to be a man and come in person. He gave a list of excuses. I told him to kiss my ass and never message us again

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:17 pm 

Here is one of my favorite stories. When my oldest daughter was 16 she stayed for a week with her grandparents. While there, grandpa had her clean cars with him and gave her $1000 for the week. During that week I get a phone call from him one evening. He tells me I need to sit down and I start to freak out thinking she had a accident or something really bad. He tells me that my daughter is involved in a gang and we need to hold an intervention for her or she is going off the deep end. It was all I could do to stop from laughing at him. He was completely convinced she was in trouble. I finally got him calmed down and told him I would speak to our school resource officer and get back to him. After he stopped laughing he assured me there was no gang like activity in our local area other than maybe a few rednecks that think they are bad. I call my FIL and tell him what he says. He still sat her down during the end of this week and told her he was really concerned about her and he was going to be keeping a close eye on her and her social media and if he saw anything that bothered him he was driving down to Missouri and ending things no matter what he had to do. No grandchild of his was going to waste their life in a gang. For the rest of her time in HS our school resource officer would come up to her and ask her for the latest gang intel.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
Here is one of my favorite stories. When my oldest daughter was 16 she stayed for a week with her grandparents. While there, grandpa had her clean cars with him and gave her $1000 for the week. During that week I get a phone call from him one evening. He tells me I need to sit down and I start to freak out thinking she had a accident or something really bad. He tells me that my daughter is involved in a gang and we need to hold an intervention for her or she is going off the deep end. It was all I could do to stop from laughing at him. He was completely convinced she was in trouble. I finally got him calmed down and told him I would speak to our school resource officer and get back to him. After he stopped laughing he assured me there was no gang like activity in our local area other than maybe a few rednecks that think they are bad. I call my FIL and tell him what he says. He still sat her down during the end of this week and told her he was really concerned about her and he was going to be keeping a close eye on her and her social media and if he saw anything that bothered him he was driving down to Missouri and ending things no matter what he had to do. No grandchild of his was going to waste their life in a gang. For the rest of her time in HS our school resource officer would come up to her and ask her for the latest gang intel.

What led him to believe she was in a gang?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The BIL sounds like one of the worst humans out there.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
The story telling taking on a JORR vibe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
a genius wrote:

:lol: I kind of thought the FIL had a bit of a JORR vibe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:53 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What led him to believe she was in a gang?

Two things. He saw her and her friends flashing the piece sign in some pictures and then he said she had some finger nail polish that was different colors and on one hand there was a combination of colors that some gang uses

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The BIL sounds like one of the worst humans out there.

He is a world class asshat.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:49 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
a genius wrote:

:lol: I kind of thought the FIL had a bit of a JORR vibe.

I was thinking about this on the way home.

I think JORR is a fair comparison to FIL.

BIL=Sini

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:17 pm 

ok got another doozy for you guys.

My youngest sisternlaw (not the one married to the real idiot) who is in a HUGE amount of debt decided that this week she would spend over $4500 for a 2 night star wars experience at the new star wars hotel at Disney. Just last summer she was in a bind and my Fathernlaw and Mothernlaw bought her a vehicle because she could not afford one.

When my Fathernlaw finds out about this trip and the amount of money she is spending he is going to absolutely lose his shit. So if you guys hear a loud explosion coming from the east, you will know what it is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Oh shit..... making sure I have popcorn in the cabinet. This should be very interesting. I love it when people make decisions like this. :eye: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:
ok got another doozy for you guys.

My youngest sisternlaw (not the one married to the real idiot) who is in a HUGE amount of debt decided that this week she would spend over $4500 for a 2 night star wars experience at the new star wars hotel at Disney. Just last summer she was in a bind and my Fathernlaw and Mothernlaw bought her a vehicle because she could not afford one.

When my Fathernlaw finds out about this trip and the amount of money she is spending he is going to absolutely lose his shit. So if you guys hear a loud explosion coming from the east, you will know what it is.

PLEASE take this to Judge Steve Harvey!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
very confusing to follow

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Observer wrote:
very confusing to follow