It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Now that he’s not limited from greatness having that awful Matt Nagy coaching him , he’s gotta go something like 5k yards , 40 TD passes . Can’t wait to see it . Go Bears!!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 am 

It will be great. I hope the defense can keep up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It will be great. I hope the defense can keep up

Hes going to score so fast and so often the defense will always be on the field and i will have millions from the AMC MOASS too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I cringe when I think of these candidates trying to out-gush each other over Fields when interviewing with the search team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
I cringe when I think of these candidates trying to out-gush each other over Fields when interviewing with the search team.

Leery Holmes stopped just short ( but of course implied he and the family are ) of calling McCaskey racist for not fawning over Fields at the presser .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Leery Holmes stopped just short ( but of course implied he and the family are ) of calling McCaskey racist for not fawning over Fields at the presser .

I wonder if Sir is referring to McCaskey's response to Haugh's question about whether keeping Fields is a prerequisite for the job, where George said he wants to hear what the candidates' plans are "for the quarterback position" instead of what their plans are "for Justin Fields." If Holmes thinks that is racist or even disrespectful to Fields, fuck him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think it's actually a surprising moment of competence for McCaskey to implicitly defer to the incoming GM on the question of Fields. Despite all the fanfare about Fields it simply shouldn't be up to McCaskey to determine if he's the QB moving forward.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:29 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I wonder if Sir is referring to McCaskey's response to Haugh's question about whether keeping Fields is a prerequisite for the job, where George said he wants to hear what the candidates' plans are "for the quarterback position" instead of what their plans are "for Justin Fields." If Holmes thinks that is racist or even disrespectful to Fields, fuck him.

That’s exactly what he was referring to .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the question asking if fields will be involved in coach search was the dumbest question asked at that presser.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
holy crap, i missed the Fields question. Chicago media really does have Fields fitted for a gold jacket already.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Hussra wrote:
holy crap, i missed the Fields question. Chicago media really does have Fields fitted for a gold jacket already.

I don't know about that...it's a fair question. Are you going to empower the new GM to make their own evaluations or are you going to start him off with parameters? It would be very Bears to force him to love Fields. George wouldn't admit it, but any of the GM candidates or coaches that would come in and say "Oye....Ryan may have reached on Fields. I wouldn't have made that pick and here's why..." is going to get passed up.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm on the record as being a pro-Fields guy, but I recognize that Fields didn't do much to convince anyone that he can be the Bears' long-term starter. Consequently, I have no problem with George's refusal to commit to Fields individually or his preference to talk about the "quarterback position" instead of mentioning Fields by name.

The real problem here is that George allowed Pace to move up in the draft--and trade away future draft picks--to select Fields when he must have known there was a good chance he would fire both Pace and Nagy in the near future. That's crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
The real problem here is that George allowed Pace to move up in the draft--and trade away future draft picks--to select Fields when he must have known there was a good chance he would fire both Pace and Nagy in the near future. That's crazy.
The real real problem is that the Bears should have fired them both guys after the Saints "playoff" game.

In the moment, I commend him for allowing Pace to do what he needed to do in order to get one of the premier QB prospects to come out of college in recent years.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:39 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I dont understand this line of thinking.

Even if he knows there is a good chance he is firing them after the season, they still need to get the QB position figured out. It is not like he allowed him to trade up to get some no name guy. They traded up to get a guy considered to be a top talent. I would think that is pretty much the only situation where you would be ok with making this move. Because the reality is if they dont figure out the QB position it is not going to matter who fills the GM and Coach roles.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Last edited by RFDC on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
That trade gives an incoming GM and coach a lot of rope.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The real real problem is that the Bears should have fired them both guys after the Saints "playoff" game.

THIS.
"They earned one more chance to improve things"....they sure as hell earned NOTHING, George.

Ralph,
Fields was a better draft pick than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but I wouldn't say he was a consensus elite QB draft pick. Time will tell.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:13 pm 

Fields is better than anyone that a new guy would have to select this year. He would be darn near 1/1 in this class. Pace did his successor a favor.

If Fields fizzles out, it wasn't his guy and he is owed a reboot. If Fields succeeds, the heaviest lifting of the new guy's job was already complete.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Even if he knows there is a good chance he is firing them after the season, they still need to get the QB position figured out. It is not like he allowed him to trade up to get some no name guy. They traded up to get a guy considered to be a top talent. I would think that is pretty much the only situation where you would be ok with making this move. Because the reality is if they dont figure out the QB position it is not going to matter who fills the GM and Coach roles.

Why would you trust guys you're considering firing in 2021 to trade your first round draft pick in 2022?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Fields is better than anyone that a new guy would have to select this year. He would be darn near 1/1 in this class. Pace did his successor a favor.

If Fields fizzles out, it wasn't his guy and he is owed a reboot. If Fields succeeds, the heaviest lifting of the new guy's job was already complete.

I like the Fields pick, but it doesn't make sense to trust Pace to trade away the 2022 first round pick if you've lost confidence in him.

And your statement about Pace's successor potentially being "owed" a reboot is precisely the problem with this scenario. If Fields fails, then it's Pace's fault and McCaskey will feel obligated to give additional years to a GM who may not have earned them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:21 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Why would you trust guys you're considering firing in 2021 to trade your first round draft pick in 2022?

I think it really comes down to who you are trading up for. It is not like they were trading up for a TE or a S. They were trading up for a guy that many considered to be the 2nd best QB in the class and a top 5 pick. You have to take that shot especially considering the history of the QB position with the Bears.

But ultimately if they did not trust them to handle the draft that year then they should have cleaned house that year before the draft.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Now that he’s not limited from greatness having that awful Matt Nagy coaching him , he’s gotta go something like 5k yards , 40 TD passes . Can’t wait to see it . Go Bears!!!!

Assuming he stays healthy im expecting 30 total tds, 4k yards.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I think it really comes down to who you are trading up for. It is not like they were trading up for a TE or a S. They were trading up for a guy that many considered to be the 2nd best QB in the class and a top 5 pick. You have to take that shot especially considering the history of the QB position with the Bears.

But ultimately if they did not trust them to handle the draft that year then they should have cleaned house that year before the draft.

Of course George should have fired both prior to the 2021 season. But he didn't do that.

Accepting that he wanted to give Nagy and Pace one more chance, though, his decision to let them trade up for Fields makes no sense since Pace and Nagy had already identified Dalton as the solution to their QB problem for 2021. Fields was intended as a solution for 2022 and beyond, when George knew he might be employing a different head coach and GM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:38 pm 

So you think ownership should have said no thanks to a top rated QB and rode with Dalton?

That just makes no sense. You have a chance to get a top QB. No matter who is the GM or coach, you take that swing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

pizza_Place: Beek's
Can Fields stay on the field? I'm putting an Over/Under on games played at 14.5 and taking the under.

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I see where TM is going. If you allow Pace to acquire Foles last year, then pay up good money to get Dalton to replace Foles, then allow him to trade draft capital to acquire Fields, at some point you'd think someone would step in and ask Pace if he knows what he's doing. Of course, someone should have popped that question in 2017 when he got hoodwinked into thinking someone would trade up to #2 grab (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky before he could at #3, even though there was no consensus #1 QB that draft, so he then drops precious draft capital to move up one spot. Amateur hour

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If Pace is the GM, as dumb as it was to keep him, you should give him the same amount of draft control he always had. If you chop his legs off during the draft that's doubling down on your bad decision by basically admitting you should have fired him. Which of course they should have, but it was too late.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
That trade gives an incoming GM and coach a lot of rope.

Too much rope, in my opinion. This underscores the importance of having key organizational players operating on the same timeline.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
If Pace is the GM, as dumb as it was to keep him, you should give him the same amount of draft control he always had. If you chop his legs off during the draft that's doubling down on your bad decision by basically admitting you should have fired him. Which of course they should have, but it was too late.

No you shouldn't since he already identified Dalton as his QB for 2021.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Tall Midget wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

If you only wanted Pace to be concerned about 2021 you should have fired him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

If you only wanted Pace to be concerned about 2021 you should have fired him.

McCaskey bascially announced in the 2020 season-ending press conference that the decision to retain the coach and GM beyond 2021 would be based on the team's 2021 record. Pace and Nagy were in "win now" mode from that point forward; they hadn't been given the license or luxury to plan for 2022. But then George contradicts this stance by allowing them to pick a QB for 2022 and beyond. It's pure stupidity.