It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
NASCAR on road courses is meh. Leave the road courses through city streets to F1.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Two fucking weeks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:37 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Two fucking weeks!

GD is not going to be happy one damn bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
KDdidit wrote:
Two fucking weeks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Two fucking weeks!

What did I do to cause Hawg to put me on ignore?

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=128394#p3830984

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:58 pm 

a genius wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Two fucking weeks!

What did I do to cause Hawg to put me on ignore?

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3830984

:oops:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
CHICAGO -- Want a reserved seat when NASCAR hosts two days of races along Chicago's lakefront streets next summer?

It'll cost you at least $465 for two-day reserved tickets when they go on sale Thursday, nearly $4,300 for the priciest option, the organization announced. Two-day general admission tickets will go on sale later and start at $269.

The course covers 2.2 miles and is expected to tie up part of Grant Park for two weeks for preparation and related events - a prospect that has some alderpersons grumbling. NASCAR's Xfinity Series race will be held on July 1 and its signature Cup Series will be on July 2.

Following are some of the reserved ticket options people can buy:

- The President's Paddock Club, situated above the "pit road," according to NASCAR, "giving patrons a direct view into the pit boxes and a panoramic view of nearly the entire course ... includes full weekend access to both races and concerts."

-The Fountain Club, which provides a seat at the start and finish lines in front of Buckingham Fountain.

- The Balbo Club, reserved seats at street level.

- The Congress Suites with second-level seating decks.

- The Garden Suites, street level across from the pit road along the front stretch of the race.

A trio of downtown alderpersons have complained that City Council members were kept out of the loop while the mayor's office and the park district negotiated the NASCAR deal.

And they have questioned if Chicago's $500,000 take - plus 15% of net commissions on concession and merchandise, and $2 per admission ticket sold - is enough to justify NASCAR squatting on two-plus miles of a prime downtown location for half a month in the city's high season.
https://abc7chicago.com/nascar-chicago- ... 7ul8QgUgQg

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:32 pm 

No thanks, I'm still going to go to Austin or Vegas next fall for real racing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Wow, you really hate to watch good Nascar racing, I am sorry. But the good ol boys sure do like it. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Wow, you really hate to watch good Nascar racing, I am sorry. But the good ol boys sure do like it. :wink:

I've watched enough F1 racing to know I'm not going to fit it into my sports viewing. Nascar, Xfinity, and Indy Cars on ovals--> yes please.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Road course racing might look cool especially F1 and Indy cars. But it really is quite boring to me. It has become a contest of making the best pit stops more than racing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:56 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

:D I grew up loving all kinds of racing. Hell, I wanted to meet Cale Yarborough. But NASCAR is dying a slow death with it's dumb assed restrictor plates and lame road/street course races.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:59 am 

pittmike wrote:
Road course racing might look cool especially F1 and Indy cars. But it really is quite boring to me. It has become a contest of making the best pit stops more than racing.

No, it's unfortunately too often really a battle of tires and strategy/luck. But I still enjoy it all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:

I'm going to Miami, and yes it's very very expensive. But I've never been. And odds are I never will again. There's something about there's only 20 drivers in the world navigating the the 20 best cars in the world. They're like Apollo astronauts or something, and I want to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:17 am 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I'm going to Miami, and yes it's very very expensive. But I've never been. And odds are I never will again. There's something about there's only 20 drivers in the world navigating the the 20 best cars in the world. They're like Apollo astronauts or something, and I want to see it.

My guy! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:27 am 

if you want to see real racing, jump on the Bishop Ford at about 11 on Thanksgiving or Christmas/Eve.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Isn’t F1 more like watching 4 guys drive the greatest cars in the world and watching the rest jockey for position on a Netflix show?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:41 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Isn’t F1 more like watching 4 guys drive the greatest cars in the world and watching the rest jockey for position on a Netflix show?

More like six, and then watching another 5-6 do something stupid, crash and give Verstappen a second chance if he needs it.

And I can't stand Verstappen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
F1 pussy has got to be the finest and most valuable pussy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
screw racing around in a circle, give me cars doing donuts and spinning in circles any day. That is really cool.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:14 pm 

Bagels wrote:
screw racing around in a circle, give me cars doing donuts and spinning in circles any day. That is really cool.

I'd go to see it if the raced on the bridges over the river which would be kept slightly open so they had to jump, Blues Brothers style

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:44 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
if you want to see real racing, jump on the Bishop Ford at about 11 on Thanksgiving or Christmas/Eve.

No, it's like that every day. I blame the Hoosiers :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you are on the tollway west of Rt 31 and going less than 85, you are getting passed.

I was on the Bishop Ford last week. The inbound was so full of bad pavement it made 70 a challenge.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:51 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you are on the tollway west of Rt 31 and going less than 85, you are getting passed.

I was on the Bishop Ford last week. The inbound was so full of bad pavement it made 70 a challenge.

True. And to make matters worse, the on ramps put you into traffic where WAY too many idiots use the right lane as a passing lane.

I stopped going on the Calumet :wink: at night if possible years ago

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

True. And to make matters worse, the on ramps put you into traffic where WAY too many idiots use the right lane as a passing lane.

I stopped going on the Calumet :wink: at night if possible years ago

I stopped going on the Calumet at night when they shut down the all night party at 138th St.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

90 is a fast drive there. 88 west of Dekalb is a joy as well as long as the police aren’t around and has the added benifit of virtually no traffic much of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

90 is a fast drive there. 88 west of Dekalb is a joy as well as long as the police aren’t around and has the added benifit of virtually no traffic much of the time.

There's a couple of sneaky little spots on 88 West of Dixon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Goddam. Chicago is champion at wasting resources and money.

Quote:
CHICAGO — The future of one of the city’s biggest annual events is up in the air as NASCAR gets ready to take over Downtown streets — and Grant Park — for several weeks this summer.

The Taste of Chicago, a city staple since 1980, was notably absent from Grant Park’s summer events schedule this year, according to Park District records obtained by Block Club.

It turns out, the city had planned to host the Taste July 1-2 at Polk Bros Park, 600 E. Grand, near Navy Pier — the same weekend that NASCAR will pack Downtown streets and Grant Park with spectators and race cars, Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) told reporters Tuesday.

Reilly, whose ward includes Navy Pier and part of Grant Park, blocked a special events ordinance at a Committee on Special Events, Cultural Affairs & Recreation hearing Tuesday after learning of the scheduling snafu.

“This was a planning disaster,” Reilly told The Daily Line. “So to give a blank check to the administration for the special events for this year without these explanations, I think would be irresponsible. I think the next mayor should make this decision, not the lame duck.”

Ald. Nick Sposato (38th), committee chair, told Block Club he agrees with Reilly the incoming administration should decide when and where to hold the Taste.

“I would be pretty pissed if all this stuff was going on in my ward with … nobody consulting me about it,” Sposato said.

A spokesperson for the city’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, which organizes the Taste of Chicago, said in an email statement they “are finalizing details for 2023.” But it is unknown how today’s delay in committee will affect that.

“Taste of Chicago is a beloved summertime tradition that is indeed happening this year. We are finalizing details for 2023 and will be announcing dates and locations for DCASE’s signature summer events in the coming weeks,” spokesperson Madeline Long said.
https://blockclubchicago.org/2023/03/07 ... KJtht4sjr4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i honestly can't wait to see this NASCAR thing go down just to observe the inevitable clusterfuck

of course knowing me, i'll buy a ticket to a concert that night w/o being aware

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Not even that night. LSD is going to be shutdown for 2 weeks. Also in late March, there is a road work project starting on the Kennedy that will last 3 years (!) where 2 inbound lanes will be closed. This is gonna be great!