It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Isiah Lord Thomas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
It's ridiculous to suggest past or present players like Isiah more. After failing in the CBA multiple times, Indiana, Toronto, and New York no one wants to touch Isiah. The owners went out of their way to make Jordan a partner. Players blow Jordan so they can be apart of his brand. Isiah blows LeBron so he can get love from LeBron's stans because he's bitter. Just like Scottie.

Just because people respect Jordan the player doesn't mean they like him as a person. He has nowhere near the relationship with guys in the league that Isiah has.

And it's ridiculous to think just because the owners can exploit Jordan and make money off him that they particularly like him as person

Jordan adds value to the NBA community. Captain Hook adds bitterness. That's why he's an owner and Isiah is cleaning the studio for some NBA show.

Isiah was head of the players union. Which means he was well Iiked by other NBA players. What was Jordan doing at that time? Gambling with Slim Somewhere? Just Asking A Question

While Isiah was positioning himself to be relevant after basketball, Jordan was making the NBA a global giant and putting millions of dollars in players' pockets. As the great Wilt Chamberlain said, "every player should give Jordan 20% of their salary. "

And yet he still has no NBA friends besides needy dick rider Charles Oakley.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
And the Dennis Johnson that played with Boston was hardly the DJ that played with Seattle and Stockton still couldn't beat him out for the top pg of the 80's slot.

The fact that you're clinging to Sporting News clickbait is a clear sign that you know Captain Hook isn't better than Stockton. Stockton had better numbers when the Pistons were winning championships, Stockton has better career numbers, the analytics favor Stockton, and, more importantly, their peers believe Stockton is a top 2 PG.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
It's ridiculous to suggest past or present players like Isiah more. After failing in the CBA multiple times, Indiana, Toronto, and New York no one wants to touch Isiah. The owners went out of their way to make Jordan a partner. Players blow Jordan so they can be apart of his brand. Isiah blows LeBron so he can get love from LeBron's stans because he's bitter. Just like Scottie.

Just because people respect Jordan the player doesn't mean they like him as a person. He has nowhere near the relationship with guys in the league that Isiah has.

And it's ridiculous to think just because the owners can exploit Jordan and make money off him that they particularly like him as person

Jordan adds value to the NBA community. Captain Hook adds bitterness. That's why he's an owner and Isiah is cleaning the studio for some NBA show.

Isiah was head of the players union. Which means he was well Iiked by other NBA players. What was Jordan doing at that time? Gambling with Slim Somewhere? Just Asking A Question

While Isiah was positioning himself to be relevant after basketball, Jordan was making the NBA a global giant and putting millions of dollars in players' pockets. As the great Wilt Chamberlain said, "every player should give Jordan 20% of their salary. "

And yet he still has no NBA friends besides needy dick rider Charles Oakley.

Was Isiah invited to speak at Kobe's memorial? Does anyone wear his number? Any awards named after him? Would anyone pay to hear him speak? Why doesn't he have any corporate partners? Why does Magic hate him? Because he's a fucking weasel and a failure.

If Isiah stood near the United Center, the kids would try to serve him or rob him.

Last edited by Nas on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
And the Dennis Johnson that played with Boston was hardly the DJ that played with Seattle and Stockton still couldn't beat him out for the top pg of the 80's slot.

The fact that you're clinging to Sporting News clickbait is a clear sign that you know Captain Hook isn't better than Stockton. Stockton had better numbers when the Pistons were winning championships, Stockton has better career numbers, the analytics favor Stockton, and, more importantly, their peers believe Stockton is a top 2 PG.

13 and 11 is better than 19 and 9 career wise? to who you :lol:

In Isiah Thomas's first 5 NBA seasons he made 1st team All NBA 3 times and All NBA Second Team Once. That was with Magic Johnson being the other 1st team All NBA guard. Stockton didn't start making All NBA teams until his 4th or 5th Season and only when Isiah was ready to hang it up.

Isiah sacrificed "numbers" in order to win Championships. "peers" :lol: :lol: Hell no greater authority than Pat Riley once stated that for about a "4 year" stretch Isiah played some of the best point guard that the league has ever seen. John Stockton was nothing more than a conductor while Isiah was the dude that drove the bus.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:38 pm 

Nas wrote:
Was Isiah invited to speak at Kobe's memorial? Does anyone wear his number? Any awards named after him? Would anyone pay to hear him speak? Why doesn't he have any corporate partners? Why does Magic hate him? Because he's a fucking weasel and a failure.

If Isiah stood near the United Center, the kids would try to serve him or rob him.

Actually it wasn't but a few years ago that Zeke stood out in the street in his old hood on the West Side and no one did anything to him. The dude is a god in Garfield Park

Each thing that you just named has to with those that "exploited" Jordan for financial purposes "honoring" him. It has nothing to do with nuts and bolts NBA shit. When have you ever seen Jordan kicking it with anyone in the NBA? When? Studio street anywhere? Besides Oakley who are his guys from the NBA?

How MANY former guys that played with Jordan have come out to diss him? How MANY guys besides bitter ass Adrian Dantley have played with Zeke and dissed him?

That is the tell tale right there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:42 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jordan adds value to the NBA community.

This is pure trolling. The most valuable thing Michael Jordan has added to the NBA community after his retuirement is Kwame Brown.

I think the Kobe stuff that came out changes that idea. He was a huge mentor of Kobe and it wasn't really known.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Why does Magic hate him? Because he's a fucking weasel and a failure.

Ironically enough in the interview he did with Magic it was obvious that there a lot of love still between the 2 men.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

The only time players, fans, or media members remember Isiah is alive is when he blows LeBron or criticizes Jordan. Even his PG peers believe Stockton is better than Captain Hook. They know what he did to Magic and all of his corporate partners. He's toxic.

When we discuss basketball dynasties, he's ignored because real NBA heads know that the Pistons all star team stole 2 titles when the Lakers, Sixers, and Celtics had already declined and Jordan was playing alone. That's why we talk about Dr. J/Moses, the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Rockets, Shaq/Kobe, Spurs, and LeBron.

Isiah is a bitch ass weasel. His daddy was probably one too. Fuck him!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:58 pm 

:lol:

That should end it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:58 pm 

Nas wrote:
The only time players, fans, or media members remember Isiah is alive is when he blows LeBron or criticizes Jordan. Even his PG peers believe Stockton is better than Captain Hook. They know what he did to Magic and all of his corporate partners. He's toxic.

When we discuss basketball dynasties, he's ignored because real NBA heads know that the Pistons all star team stole 2 titles when the Lakers, Sixers, and Celtics had already declined and Jordan was playing alone. That's why we talk about Dr. J/Moses, the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Rockets, Shaq/Kobe, Spurs, and LeBron.

Isiah is a bitch ass weasel. His daddy was probably one too. Fuck him!

Jordan was so revered by his teammates that Cartwright threatened to break his legs. Some "love" aye.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:04 pm 

If you want to know how REAL Zeke happens to be all you have to do is speak with the guys from the "Hood" in Detroit like Webber, Rose, and Steve Smith among others. All talk glowingly about how Zeke took them under his wing back when they were in grade school and high school and mentored them. What High School Guys from Chicago have ever referenced Jordan being a mentor to them? Oh but he took a young (already rich) Kobe Bryant under his wing and encouraged him. OK.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

In Isiah Thomas's first 5 NBA seasons he made 1st team All NBA 3 times and All NBA Second Team Once. That was with Magic Johnson being the other 1st team All NBA guard. Stockton didn't start making All NBA teams until his 4th or 5th Season and only when Isiah was ready to hang it up.

Isiah sacrificed "numbers" in order to win Championships. "peers" :lol: :lol: Hell no greater authority than Pat Riley once stated that for about a "4 year" stretch Isiah played some of the best point guard that the league has ever seen. John Stockton was nothing more than a conductor while Isiah was the dude that drove the bus.

In addition to being a better distributor, Stockton also shot 51.5% from the field, 38.4% on 3's and 82.6 FT.
Isiah never once shot over 50%. His offensive stats: 45.2% FG, 29.0% on 3's, & 75.9 FT.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

In addition to being a better distributor, Stockton also shot 51.5% from the field, 38.4% on 3's and 82.6 FT.
Isiah never once shot over 50%. His offensive stats: 45.2% FG, 29.0% on 3's, & 75.9 FT.

You know when Isiah shot over 50%? When the game was on the line

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Jordan was playing alone.

Bulls fans are hilarious. When they're pimping Jordan he "played alone." When I mention how terribly overrated Scottie is, suddenly Jordan had a top 25 guy of all time by his side.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Bulls fans are hilarious. When they're pimping Jordan he "played alone." When I mention how terribly overrated Scottie is, suddenly Jordan had a top 25 guy of all time by his side.

Why is this hard for you? Scottie and Horace were drafted in 1987. It took them a couple of years to get acclimated to the NBA game. Both were good to great players on Bulls championship teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:34 am 

Before John Stockton can ever be considered better than Zeke don't we have first have to discuss whether he was even better than Hirsch High School's own Ricky Green? Just Asking A Question

Stockton was his backup for the first 3 years of his career and ONLY got the spot because Ricky Green got old.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Why is this hard for you? Scottie and Horace were drafted in 1987. It took them a couple of years to get acclimated to the NBA game. Both were good to great players on Bulls championship teams.

So if Jordan had continued to "play with no one" he would just be Clyde Drexler, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:51 am 
Site Admin

The Missing Link wrote:
Before John Stockton can ever be considered better than Zeke don't we have first have to discuss whether he was even better than Hirsch High School's own Ricky Green?

Or DuSable's Mo Cheeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:11 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Before John Stockton can ever be considered better than Zeke don't we have first have to discuss whether he was even better than Hirsch High School's own Ricky Green?

Or DuSable's Mo Cheeks.

One of the more underappreciated PGs in NBA history.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

So if Jordan had continued to "play with no one" he would just be Clyde Drexler, right?

No, he would have been a 6'5" Wilt Chamberlain.

Those Blazers teams had a lot of talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Captain Hook isn't better than Tim Hardaway. He's about the 10th best player from Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Captain Hook isn't better than Tim Hardaway. He's about the 10th best player from Chicago.

I love it when you troll!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Horace was a good player. Pippen was a great player. No player in NBA history was a better defensive player than Scottie Pippin. Normally players as tall as Pippin lose their quickness and ability to do the things that smaller guards can do. Pippen never did. He had a latent growth spurt while in college.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I have not 1, but 2 Tim Hardaway jerseys

and a Calbert Cheaney

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:28 pm 

Nas wrote:

Growing up with Tim, I know he idolized Isiah. He wasn’t quite on Isiah’s level, HOF worthy no doubt, but not THAT elite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
It's nobody's business if Hardaway idolized a total pud. That's between him and his God.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
It's nobody's business if Hardaway idolized a total pud. That's between him and his God.

In 1981 he was the best player out of Chicago in many eyes and a guy who seemed to be helping out young players in the city. Certainly the best one everpresent in the city summers. Pud status was off back then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The whole St Mary of the Westside and Isiah walking to St Joe uphill both ways barefoot. It turned me off from the beginning. His story about when Knight came to visit. I know it's abject poverty....but still, it just never seemed quite authentic as it was put out there.

Think we'll ever find out where Isiah buried all them hookers?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:18 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

In 1981 he was the best player out of Chicago in many eyes and a guy who seemed to be helping out young players in the city. Certainly the best one everpresent in the city summers. Pud status was off back then.

One of the more authentically Chicago guys in terms of NBA players to ever come out of this city in my opinion. I remember listening to one of the Detroit Piston Gms talking about how he intentionally tried to screw up his pre draft interview just so that they wouldn't draft him with the No. 2 pick. Why? Because he wanted to be available for his hometown Bulls team to draft him with the 3rd pick. They took him anyway because they knew what he was up too and leaving Ricky Sobers available for the Bulls with the 3rd pick. And the rest is history.

One of the my guys told me years ago (Ironically) that Jordan told him personally that Isiah Thomas was the toughest player that he ever had to guard in the NBA. He was that damn good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next