It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Michael Jordan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jordan as an icon is perfectly suited for the modern hyper partisan era. By not taking a position on anything both Fox and MSNBC can speak of Jordan in glowing terms. That's exactly what he wants. Congratulations to Jordan for being a pussy.

Jordan should speak out on things the way i want him to !
It's one of the more bizarre things that like 10 years ago everyone was like "I don't want to be lectured by celebrities" and now it's "Why doesn't this celebrity lecture people more?"

Nope, y'all are assuming I want him to have specific ideas or positions. I don't. I am calling him out for having no ideas or thoughts on anything. It's a criticism of his selfishness. Even so I acknowledge he has every right to wipe his ass with 100$
bills as he sees fit. Totally up to him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jordan as an icon is perfectly suited for the modern hyper partisan era. By not taking a position on anything both Fox and MSNBC can speak of Jordan in glowing terms. That's exactly what he wants. Congratulations to Jordan for being a pussy.

It's one of the more bizarre things that like 10 years ago everyone was like "I don't want to be lectured by celebrities" and now it's "Why doesn't this celebrity lecture people more?"

Nope, y'all are assuming I want him to have specific ideas or positions. I don't. I am calling him out for having no ideas or thoughts on anything. It's a criticism of his selfishness. Even so I acknowledge he has every right to wipe his ass with 100$

So you demand a sports figure have publicly recognized political positions
otherwise they're an asshole
do you demand the same of your neighbor ?
If not what's your point ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think the point has been clear from the beginning - athletes who use their platform to promote community/political improvement, whatever they think those improvements are (I mentioned both right and left wing figures), are admirable for sticking up for their beliefs and communities. They risk their reputations. Then you have guys who just wanna keep the cash flowing and spread propaganda via narcissistic documentaries about how great they were so society can keep their mystique alive.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
I think the point has been clear from the beginning - athletes who use their platform to promote community/political improvement, whatever they think those improvements are (I mentioned both right and left wing figures), are admirable for sticking up for their beliefs and communities. They risk their reputations. Then you have guys who just wanna keep the cash flowing and spread propaganda via narcissistic documentaries about how great they were so society can keep their mystique alive.

WYC? You have repeatedly referred to Kyrie as a "bitch" simply because he took a stand against being vaccinated.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:50 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sorry, still not getting it.
Jordan is a famous athlete and therefore should use his fame to affect change ? Sure i agree i guess
You bizarrely invoke the documentary thing, like ok ?
Again, who cares. Jordan could come out today and pontificate on every political hot topic and literally nothing will change. You obviously have a hard on against him for some reason

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
veganfan21 wrote:
athletes who use their platform to promote community/political improvement, whatever they think those improvements are (I mentioned both right and left wing figures), are admirable for sticking up for their beliefs and communities.
Fair point. I don't think MANY would disagree.

Jordan has never been one of these guys though. I could see why he wouldn't want to start now.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:03 pm 

MJ should use his influential power to get Mike Clevinger DFA'ed